Marketing Checkpoint

Most Responsive Safelist?

Guest mrclean0325

This is the eternal question when using any traffic source. It all depends on what you are advertising and how well you tend to the "little things". A good subject line, email, and ad. It is said people need to see something 7 times to act on it. Most people involved in safelists are members of multiple ones. So someone can see your ad many times and then sign up from one. If they didn't see the ad previously on another one - would they have signed up from the one? If you are using the "stock" affiliate page, you will get signups and they may not be from your effort alone. You were just the lucky seventh view.

I am not so concerned about "where" they come from as long as they do come. If I am not out there on many, will I get the same results?

I have personally found when I started to drop ones where I got no response at all - ever; I did notice a drop in sign ups after a few days. It seems there is a cumulative effect when advertising on these. I also noticed there is a drop when I don't surf TEs even though the sign ups usually haven't come from them. This may also be attributed to a lot of other factors I have no idea about. It all comes back to the more eyeballs on your ads, the more results you will get.

I do get a lot more signups from most of Darrens sites; but, if I don't work the other ones - these drop too. It all boils down to is the time you spend worth the money you are making. I wish there was a definitive answer. ;)

Jerry's blog is also worth following...

http://www.getrichwithjerry.com/

and if you dig around you'll find other marketers publishing their own stats.

It will give you a few ideas on what sites are working but it's always a good idea to track your own ads and see what works for you.

Thanks!

2500 FREE Credits at ViralAdStore.com for Marketing Checkpoint members!

Use Promo Code: marketingcheckpoint in the Members Area > My Account > Promo Codes

It will vary based on several factors...including the time zones.

But at the end of the day, no one will know for certain unless you

are using some resource to track the click through rates for each

safelist.  This form of marketing DOES work, though. 

You want a CTR of 2.8% or above, though.   ;)

The ones that routinely give you a CTR of 3.9%

and above are the ones you want to devote a 

decent amount of time to...be it earning credits,

promoting it, or even investing money (to buy credits).

hint: State of the Art Mailer works wonders as it's

not your typical safelist. 

• 2 weeks later...

My most responsive safelist is always the ones that the gurus are promoting at the same time. You guys know what I'm talking about :)

If I get a blast from Darren O. or Marty Petrizza alerting me to a new mailer launch for example, plus if I start seeing it on login page ads, I know it's going to grow pretty big and end up being a really good list.

• 4 weeks later...

Let's face it honestly, most users do not really read a headline or the body of ads in Safelists. They come here to click foe credits. I think in Safelists the most important is your website, it must be attractive and eye catching and telling in short messages what use and which advantage the reader can have in subscribing. 

Capturing headlines, as useful and helpful content is a must in copywriting, where are looking for solutions to their issues in online networking.

To you success

Marc

• 2 years later...

Results always vary depending on the offer you are promoting. However, there are a few sites like Sotam, List Joe, TheLeadMagnet, Bweeble, ListBonus, Traffic Bonus, Herculist etc. that usually give good response. You always have to test your offer though, some offers may perform well in some sites and other offers may perform not so well in your favourite mailers but they could perform well in other mailers or elsewhere.

• 3 months later...

I'll just be honest with you there is a TRICK.  YOU Do not promote your offer, you promote amazing ways for people to get free advertising.

Maybe a real free advertising offer of some kind, a blog full of free advertising,  a club,  a method, a system is best.  And you get them into

your offer on the backend.  

People are looking for advertising methods on these safelists not offers, most of the time they have an offer already of their own.  But if

you give them free ads, they are bound to look for your offer in the end to thank you.  This works.

Years ago a guy had an amazing free advertising offer and he taught us to do this within the offer we all joined and we all used his method and we

all got signups to offers.

Do what works

at the very least in all of your emails give away free ads and then list your offer it doesn't have to be anything fancy just a link to a place where

people can get a load of free advertising.  YOU WILL GET CLICKS TO YOUR OFFER RIGHT IN THAT EMAIL IF YOU LIST IT SECONDARY.

Hope that helps

OytX5V1.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Hi I'm Donnie,

Been a member of Marketing Checkpoint for a while now.  I read the emails but have not really done any posting.  I am a member of over 100 safelists.  I have built a subscriber list of over 500 simply using Safelists.  I do believe that they are 

effective advertising resources but I also think you need to track your responses so that you know which ones convert for you.

I never take upgrade offers until I have posted and tracked on a list as a free member.  I gauge the response and then make an informed decision.  

I highly recommend Darren Olanders network.  I get an excellent response from his lists.  BuildMyDownlines is one of my favorites.  Darren keeps his lists clean and mean.

Donnie Ellis

TrafficTips4U.com

This is the eternal question when using any traffic source. It all depends on what you are advertising and how well you tend to the "little things". A good subject line, email, and ad. It is said people need to see something 7 times to act on it. Most people involved in safelists are members of multiple ones. So someone can see your ad many times and then sign up from one. If they didn't see the ad previously on another one - would they have signed up from the one? If you are using the "stock" affiliate page, you will get signups and they may not be from your effort alone. You were just the lucky seventh view.

I am not so concerned about "where" they come from as long as they do come. If I am not out there on many, will I get the same results?

I have personally found when I started to drop ones where I got no response at all - ever; I did notice a drop in sign ups after a few days. It seems there is a cumulative effect when advertising on these. I also noticed there is a drop when I don't surf TEs even though the sign ups usually haven't come from them. This may also be attributed to a lot of other factors I have no idea about. It all comes back to the more eyeballs on your ads, the more results you will get.

I do get a lot more signups from most of Darrens sites; but, if I don't work the other ones - these drop too. It all boils down to is the time you spend worth the money you are making. I wish there was a definitive answer. ;)

With the rise of social media networks, eCommerce, and online shopping, product information is readily available, unlike the "old days" when companies and salespeople controlled product information. Information availability has made the "Rule of 7" obsolete.

2nd468.jpg