Marketing Checkpoint

I got Scammed

I was doing what I do almost all the time working on my business. I got a phone  call and then I did the stupid, I go scammed.

The guy on the phone related to me and my business. He seemed to be talking truth about my business and who I know. He seemed to understand my business and how you make the internet a good business platform. He kept me on the phone for more than 4 hours. You would think I would recognize that he was as phony as can be.

Everything he said seemed to be reasonable and on target, then he pulled the scam on me. He showed me the money and wanted a license fee to start the transfer process. I should have stopped every thing at that point but no. I went forward and transferred the money, then the phone line was dropped.

From all the info I have there is now no way to make this right and no way to get back the money I put on the line. Talk about a downer this one takes the cake, I plan on working with the various groups which handle scams but I have no illusion of getting back my money or getting the money promised.

I can add information or talk to anyone about what happened but I will leave this at this point.

Garrett

Guest mrclean0325

That is unfortunate and I am very sorry for your loss.

I think everyone has been scammed at one point or another. My brother-in-law was recently scammed when trying to save his home from foreclosure for property taxes he didn't know were due. He called the first ad he found on Google and sent them a cashiers check for $1500. Right after he sent it, the county office called him to work something out and told him he was scammed. They tried to get the post office to hold the letter and got law enforcement involved. The post office failed to stop the letter and the guy was arrested, but I doubt he will see his money back. The guy conned over 300 people in a few weeks from the foreclosure scam and the police were already looking for him on other scams.

That's a tough break Garrett. Many scams out there. We had one going on here in Canada where the caller says they are from taxation. We kept him on the line for a bit. Asked him for his contact info including his name. He failed when we asked him to spell his name and he couldn't. I think these guys wanted people to pay with iTunes cards

• 3 months later...

You sure are better than me as in no way would I have stayed on the phone for 4 hours.  But, since you did, that must mean as you say that it sounded legit.

I guess in this way I'm lucky that I don't have money.  I've had some offers by phone in the past that sounded good but I got off the phone quick when I told them that I had no money.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi:

Sorry to hear of your loss. Thanks for sharing with us. 

Two rules I live by.

1. I never do business on the phone, unless I do the calling.

2. I never click on any link in email, unless I just requested it from a website.

That's real good advice. Sorry to hear about your problem Garrett.

Earn upto $200 a day.. start with as little as $5!

This is changing the RevShare industry..

https://mypayingads.com/page/landing/2/156807

I was doing what I do almost all the time working on my business. I got a phone  call and then I did the stupid, I go scammed.

The guy on the phone related to me and my business. He seemed to be talking truth about my business and who I know. He seemed to understand my business and how you make the internet a good business platform. He kept me on the phone for more than 4 hours. You would think I would recognize that he was as phony as can be.

Everything he said seemed to be reasonable and on target, then he pulled the scam on me. He showed me the money and wanted a license fee to start the transfer process. I should have stopped every thing at that point but no. I went forward and transferred the money, then the phone line was dropped.

From all the info I have there is now no way to make this right and no way to get back the money I put on the line. Talk about a downer this one takes the cake, I plan on working with the various groups which handle scams but I have no illusion of getting back my money or getting the money promised.

I can add information or talk to anyone about what happened but I will leave this at this point.

Garrett

Hi Garrett,

What was the scam?