Marketing Checkpoint

Top Promoters Need Help Too...

captkirk

go to...http://www.adversources.com  each time you click this rotator you get a different affiliate adsource

Dale

Thanks Dale. Do you have suggestions on how to generate even more traffic?

Currently I'm a member of:

• Hundreds of Viral Mailers and Safelists
  • Hundreds of adbaords
  • Member of Referral Frenzy
  • Downlinebuilderelite
  • Every (I think) Downline Builder that exist that I know of
  • I'm the Top Referrer of Most of the programs that I mainly promote
  • A lot of rotators
  • I'm a member of most popular programs that's promoted online
  • and the lists goes on... 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Dale. Do you have suggestions on how to generate even more traffic?

Currently I'm a member of:

• Hundreds of Viral Mailers and Safelists
  • Hundreds of adbaords
  • Member of Referral Frenzy
  • Downlinebuilderelite
  • Every (I think) Downline Builder that exist that I know of
  • I'm the Top Referrer of Most of the programs that I mainly promote
  • A lot of rotators
  • I'm a member of most popular programs that's promoted online
  • and the lists goes on... 

Hey, Cap'n

I have been seeing you everywhere, literally for as long as I can remember, so I would say your list is complete. However, you missed the most obvious (and highest value) traffic sources entirely:

1. ezines 

2. ebooks

3. blogs

4. Real Life

And with the 1st three, I mean writing them, or in the case of ezines and blogs, also guest posting in them. As a professional ghost writer, I have seen more than one of the ebooks I wrote go viral on CB over the years, or on JVZoo. Right now, If I wanted to ruin my reputation for NOT "outing" my clients, I could lay claim to 3 of the free viral reports I can think of off the top of my head, and there are likely more than that.

Frankly, my own private list of ezine subscribers--a group of less than 500 people that get MAYBE one ezine from me every 2 or 3 months, plus an occasional email--is worth about 60.00/name. That group, between what they bought directly from me, what they bought based on my recommendations, and what I earned from commissions when they joined the ONE program I recommended last year, made me a shade under 30,000.00. My other half guest posts occasionally on small blogs in his field--micro-scale hard rock gold mining. Each of those guest posts will bring him a steady stream of tightly targeted and highly motivated traffic, for years.

He also lucked out this past year and has gotten a few articles published in an actual print magazine in his field--International California Mining Journal (the lucky bugger, I would give someone else's right arm to get published in a print magazine LOL). The bio box on his articles insured him a steady supply of really high quality traffic before we even had a WEBSITE built for him, and the traffic grows with every article. The same with his You Tube channel.

And I haven't advertised my list ANYWHERE for years now. About 10-20 new people a year land on it, when someone already on it contacts me and asks me if I will accept them LOL. Those people know they won't hear from me often, and it might be years between programs that I tell them to join. But they also know when they DO get something from me, it will be nearly guaranteed money in the bank, and any program they join will be around and paying for years.

The goal should NOT be, simply, "more traffic". The goal is the RIGHT traffic. And you get the right traffic by becoming known as someone who has hard hitting, concise, and useful information for others. 

I, for one, would buy a 7.00 ebook you wrote in a heartbeat--and as the person usually writing those not buying them, you should consider that high praise indeed. And I can tell you right now when my new site is up and doing well, you will be one of the people I will be begging to write guest posts as well ;-).

As you pointed out, you already have the reputation, and the titles that go with it--so put them to their proper use. Nail your flag to the mast, so to speak, and establish yourself as an official Guru--then we can talk about how you introduce your wisdom to the 98% of the internet that has never heard of you LOL.

P.S.  Don't confine guest posting to your particular niche or our particular corner of cyber space, either. Guest posting on hobbies and interests entirely unrelated to the IM/PTC/TE part of the internet has led to quite a few sales/signups etc. for me.

It's a funny but true thing about people--many people will assume, when they see you are an expert at ONE thing, that you are also expert at other (entirely unrelated) things as well, and will be inclined to pay attention to things when you suggest them. As someone who has signed up literally over 100 people to Clixsense  while chatting with people online about gourd art, knitting, and other crafts, I speak from experience LOL. Last week I got a new Clixsense member while in line at Walmart in the middle of the night.....

I  don't hesitate to pass out business cards (with QR codes on them, of course) EVERYWHERE. I also pin them on community bulletin boards. When I was a state delegate for the GOP in AZ a few months ago, I gave business cards to several hundred people--everyone from fellow delegates to janitors, hotel staff to convenience store clerks. Since I don't have a blog operating at the moment, I direct them to an email addy, then when they email me, I send them a link to my dropbox--where I have a collection of free reports they can download. Even with this ridiculously inefficient and haphazard method, I still end up with a stream of signups to my programs of choice, and once they are under me, I help them succeed.

Real life is full of opportunities--from teaching a class at your local extended university or parks department, to volunteering with local causes. Every person you meet is a potential partner :-).

Fortune Favors The Bold! http://fortunestraffic.com

Fortunes Traffic--for Zubees, Promos, Fun, and Traffic.

Interested in Hard Rock Gold Mining? Check Out My Other Half's You Tube Channel -- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbcYhenGjigBC5GgEjEANLQ

Guest mrclean0325

Very nice advice. I too make my "bread and butter" income from freelancer writing and ghost writing. I thought to expand into affiliate marketing again, but so far it hasn't surpassed my other income. It, so far, is too time consuming for the return. I too use Clixsense and have found my stuff online by accident. It does give me a kick when i start to read an article to think, "Wow, this sounds familiar" and realize it was mine. :P

Very nice advice. I too make my "bread and butter" income from freelancer writing and ghost writing. I thought to expand into affiliate marketing again, but so far it hasn't surpassed my other income. It, so far, is too time consuming for the return. I too use Clixsense and have found my stuff online by accident. It does give me a kick when i start to read an article to think, "Wow, this sounds familiar" and realize it was mine. :P

ROFLMAO--I sure know that feeling. What did it for me, though, was seeing a project I found highly embarrassing at the time (a book of the funniest fart stories) selling like crazy on Amazon. I actually had worked hard on a couple of those stories, not because I liked the subject matter but because I couldn't resist stretching the old creative writing muscles (something I almost never get to do, I rarely get to write short stories *sigh*). For some reason, seeing somebody else's name plastered across one of "my babies" really upset me.

It was different then wading through the thousand+ safelist and viral mailer emails I get daily and counting how often one of my sales letters pops up, or going through the pile of PLR articles on a popular content site and finding a few dozen things I wrote. Seeing my short fiction under another name seemed more....Personal? Intimate? It was some flavor of resentment and violation, though I had willingly done the work. It's entirely illogical, of course. But it was enough to tell me it was time to take a few years to feed my own bank account and hopefully dispense with the unwelcome ego that had appeared :-).

I have never taken as much pleasure from affiliate sales as I have from writing--I can earn very well either way. But writing is more satisfying. As someone once said: "I write because it hurts less than not writing". And he was right about that. And since I am decrepit enough and have enough savings to indulge myself for a few years, I'm going to do it writing :-). 

Interested in Hard Rock Gold Mining? Check Out My Other Half's You Tube Channel -- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbcYhenGjigBC5GgEjEANLQ

I rarely get to write short stories *sigh*). For some reason, seeing somebody else's name plastered across one of "my babies" really upset me.

I'm no writer, but it did upset when I seen other affiliates stealing my exact ads and my exact examples including names of signups and exact results. In fact, they just change my name and added their own name.

I have heard for years and preach it myself, that we should model success, do what other successful marketers are doing to get similar results. But when you see people doing what you're doing it seem like stealing when you consider yourself an average marketer.

I quickly realize that they didn't mean any harm nor were they stealing, they was just modeling my success. They was in my downline.  In fact, they thought my ad was a sales page.  :)

Hey, Cap'n

I have been seeing you everywhere, literally for as long as I can remember, so I would say your list is complete. However, you missed the most obvious (and highest value) traffic sources entirely:

1. ezines 

2. ebooks

3. blogs

4. Real Life

Hi Chrys,

I must assumed that you didn't see my weekly ezines column in the Nettle Ezine.

I was a weekly columnist for "David Congreave's"  ezine "The Nettle":

"CaptKirk - A Sideways Look 0f The Web Marketing Industry!"

I have been told many years that I should write a ebook/book on my Free Advertising Methods That I use that proved the Gurus and Experts wrong when it come to using Free Advertising Methods.

Yep, I have tried the Blog thing but it was to slow compared to the other methods that I use to generate traffic.

I'm currently using Marketing Checkpoint Forum for "Real Life" contacts and think that a lot of people will get to know me when they find out that I hangout at Darren's forum. :)

Hi Chrys,

I must assumed that you didn't see my weekly ezines column in the Nettle Ezine.

I was a weekly columnist for "David Congreave's"  ezine "The Nettle":

"CaptKirk - A Sideways Look 0f The Web Marketing Industry!"

I have been told many years that I should write a ebook/book on my Free Advertising Methods That I use that proved the Gurus and Experts wrong when it come to using Free Advertising Methods.

Yep, I have tried the Blog thing but it was to slow compared to the other methods that I use to generate traffic.

I'm currently using Marketing Checkpoint Forum for "Real Life" contacts and think that a lot of people will get to know me when they find out that I hangout at Darren's forum. :)

I had indeed seen you in "The Nettle" and always enjoyed it--and wished I could see more of you on blogs and websites around the web--as you are one of the few people still selling common sense in cyber space LOL.

I am liking this forum already, it's been a very relaxing night compared to my usual work load. Heck, I deserve a day or two off occasionally!

I had indeed seen you in "The Nettle" and always enjoyed it--and wished I could see more of you on blogs and websites around the web--as you are one of the few people still selling common sense in cyber space LOL.

I am liking this forum already, it's been a very relaxing night compared to my usual work load. Heck, I deserve a day or two off occasionally!

Wow! You seen me in the "The Nettle"? Will wonders ever cease? LOL

You have been around the block a few times and back... LOL

I wonder if anyone else have seen my column in The Nettle? :ph34r:

I'm no writer, but it did upset when I seen other affiliates stealing my exact ads and my exact examples including names of signups and exact results. In fact, they just change my name and added their own name.

I have heard for years and preach it myself, that we should model success, do what other successful marketers are doing to get similar results. But when you see people doing what you're doing it seem like stealing when you consider yourself an average marketer.

I quickly realize that they didn't mean any harm nor were they stealing, they was just modeling my success. They was in my downline.  In fact, they thought my ad was a sales page.  :)

I have taken to labeling some of my personal sales materials "swipes" for my various down lines, and specifically labeling anything else with a copyright and a "don't steal" notice--because many people don't realize that the sales material is mine, and subject to copyright laws. I believe in protecting my intellectual property now that the feral gov't is tightening up on the standards for awarding damages in lawsuits and I am writing for myself again. One of the things I teach my down line is that modelling my success is different than taking and using my tools without my permission--I try to teach them how  I  do what I do instead, for several reasons. 

1. If they learn how to think like marketers and write like marketers, then they own their accomplishments--and those accomplishments mean more.

2. If they learn #1, they can spot scams far more easily--and because they have been empowered with information, they will also be less tempted by the "shiny" stuff.

3. If they learn #1, then the odds of them committing plagiarism and getting sued are vanishingly small, and in this lawsuit happy country, anything you can do to minimize your risk of seeing the inside of a courtroom is a good thing!

I may never sue anyone over stealing my work--but if I do have to sue, then I want to make sure the other guy has NO wiggle room in the courtroom.....

I am still surprised that I have apparently developed a possessive streak, or an ego streak, at my age. It really caught me by surprise at the time. I'm hoping I can eradicate it before it gets any bigger. As I see it, a ghost writer that is possessive of their work is probably not going to be working much.....

PS--Are you by chance the same "Capt. Kirk" that started a sort of small alt Bulletin Board Way way back around the mid 1990s--around the time Maryanne Myers began her web empire? Way back then I belonged to Linkscout--back when a lifetime membership was like 49.00 and their marketing platform was considered revolutionary--and I advertised a lot on Maryanne's original FFAs as well. And I forget the name of it, but there was this pokey little alt BB type forum for internet marketers that had been around since the mid 1990s when I found it, and it was run by a Capt. Kirk.. You could post an ad once a week or something, and have a sig. file, and it was a great hang out spot in that time before the WWW even really existed. 

Edited by chrystalia

PS--Are you by chance the same "Capt. Kirk" that started a sort of small alt Bulletin Board Way way back around the mid 1990s--around the time Maryanne Myers began her web empire? Way back then I belonged to Linkscout--back when a lifetime membership was like 49.00 and their marketing platform was considered revolutionary--and I advertised a lot on Maryanne's original FFAs as well. And I forget the name of it, but there was this pokey little alt BB type forum for internet marketers that had been around since the mid 1990s when I found it, and it was run by a Capt. Kirk.. You could post an ad once a week or something, and have a sig. file, and it was a great hang out spot in that time before the WWW even really existed. 

Yep! I make Linkscout Famous with my results which was... AWESOME!

I used to own 4 forums:

- Captkirk's Internet Marketing Forum

- Post Free Ads Forum

- Post Ads Free Forum (Started Nov 02, 2006)

- Show Your Ads Forum

ROFLMAO--Small world indeed, old friend and Mentor--

I joined Linkscout through your link on your Forum :-).

I lurked around ALL of those at one point or another, reading everything everyone (especially you) had to say!

I still have my linkscout site, I think--though haven't updated it in forever and a day. One or Two data failures ago my lifetime subscription was a casualty, and it never got fixed....

And it was Your advice on inventive marketing of yourself that led me, indirectly, to my writing career AND to my career is a researcher and information broker LOL. Ah, the good old 56K modem days, and the very first iteration of Clickbank *sigh*....

ROFLMAO--Small world indeed, old friend and Mentor--

I joined Linkscout through your link on your Forum :-).

I lurked around ALL of those at one point or another, reading everything everyone (especially you) had to say!

I still have my linkscout site, I think--though haven't updated it in forever and a day. One or Two data failures ago my lifetime subscription was a casualty, and it never got fixed....

And it was Your advice on inventive marketing of yourself that led me, indirectly, to my writing career AND to my career is a researcher and information broker LOL. Ah, the good old 56K modem days, and the very first iteration of Clickbank *sigh*....

It's great to have someone that really know me and of me in the forum. Chrys we have withstood the test of time and some.

It nice to know that I was of some help in a small way... I'm so glad that we had the opportunity to me in the forum. :)

BTW, I still have my Linkscout account and My Testimonial is still on the sales page. In fact, it was my success with Linkscout that helped to prove the experts and Gurus wrong.

For those who don't know, Linkscout was an FFA site and other things!

Do you remember when I use to post my Linskcout results in my ads?:

From Dec 2, 2007 to Jan 31, 2008, I directly signed-up 9,468 partners for this FREE program. BTW, I used ONLY Free Advertising Methods to recruit those 9,468 partners.

Here's my direct signups for the past 12 months:

Jan 2008 - I directly signed up 433 members.

Dec 2007 - I directly signed up 304 members.

Nov 2007 - I directly signed up 314 members.

Oct 2007 - I directly signed up 427 members.

Sep 2007 - I directly signed up 321 members.

Aug 2007 - I directly signed up 335 members.

Jul 2007 - I directly signed up 353 members.

Jun 2007 - I directly signed up 374 members.

May 2007 - I directly signed up 364 members.

Apr 2007 -  I directly signed up 359 members.

Mar 2007 - I directly signed up 372 members.

FEB 2007 - I directly signed up 262 members.

Combined, I signed up a total of 4,218 New members in 12 months!

LOL--do I ever! That list was the first thing I always looked for whenever I hit the forum--I knew I would find it somewhere :-). I don't even have a link to Linkscout any more at the moment--this is my newest computer, a custom build less than 2 months old, so I haven't moved any of my moldy oldies into it.

If you have a link I'd love it, so I can log in and see if my site is even still there LOL!

We have indeed stood the test of time, Capt. :-). Miss Cleo's empire is long gone (a real shame, since I am actually a very good Tarot card reader), probably 100 or more of the original sites for marketers have disappeared, hundreds of forums and thousands of old timers gone--yet here we are, meeting again, just as I am getting ready to embark on yet another new adventure, Star Trek Style LOL. My, it has been a long and winding road, hasn't it??

This should tickle you:

My oldest son's middle name is Tiberias--and when he was learning how to read, he used to sit on my lap while I read forum posts to him. I'm chatting with him on Facebook right now, as he's a long haul trucker--and my business partner in Fortunes Digital Media Group. And when I sent him the link to this forum, he FREAKED OUT!

This was his reply ---->>>>  "THE STAR TREK MAN, THE STAR TREK MAN MOMMY!" "OMG MOM, is it really the SAME GUY??? WHAT IS IT WITH YOU AND SYNCHRONICITY???? I haven't even been gone a day and your life is like a LOST episode again...."

He said that because he always used to look for usernames he recognized--it's one of the reasons he was reading at a third grade level when he started school. And every time he saw your name, he would see if he could yell it out before his younger brother. We made a game of it--I would tell them to look for a certain name,and the first person to find it got a point. And he calls my life LOST, because every time I turn around I am running into someone I have some sot of connection with--in my house, it really IS a small, small world :-).

I'd share his actual FB post with you, but he is a real security freak--he's my networks security manager, and he has fits daily over my laissez faire attitude towards personal data LOL. I get lectured daily about security breaches, because he has my Symantec Endpoint set to email him when I go anywhere odd--and I go a LOT of places Endpoint hates, like Bitcoin faucets and TEs. 

At any rate, back to the back ground:

I told him that when James Tiberias Kirk, whose middle name was HIS middle name, had retired from star fleet, he traveled back in time to help found the internet. I made up a whole pile of bedtime stories about the continuing adventures of James Tiberias Kirk in our time :-). Both my boys would pester me every day for a NEW Captain Kirk story, as a matter of fact, and they are both Star Trek nuts today. I told him that some day, when he was a big boy, he could have his own website Just like Captain Kirk. As a matter of fact, when we founded Fortunes back last November, we joked about Capt. Kirk, and about our new 5 year mission LOL. I used to make up all kinds of tall tales about people based on screen names.....

This should tickle you:

My oldest son's middle name is Tiberias--and when he was learning how to read, he used to sit on my lap while I read forum posts to him. I'm chatting with him on Facebook right now, as he's a long haul trucker--and my business partner in Fortunes Digital Media Group. And when I sent him the link to this forum, he FREAKED OUT!

This was his reply ---->>>>  "THE STAR TREK MAN, THE STAR TREK MAN MOMMY!" "OMG MOM, is it really the SAME GUY??? WHAT IS IT WITH YOU AND SYNCHRONICITY???? I haven't even been gone a day and your life is like a LOST episode again...."

I'm a firm believer in SYNCHRONICITY and Just as excited as Tiberias. It sound like an amazing story and it ours.  :) 

Tell Tiberias that it's really me after all these years and I'm still standing and have not missed a beat.

LOL--do I ever! That list was the first thing I always looked for whenever I hit the forum--I knew I would find it somewhere :-). I don't even have a link to Linkscout any more at the moment--this is my newest computer, a custom build less than 2 months old, so I haven't moved any of my moldy oldies into it.

If you have a link I'd love it, so I can log in and see if my site is even still there LOL!

Chrys, here's my famous Linkscout's Link: http://captkirk.linkscout.com :)

I'm a firm believer in SYNCHRONICITY and Just as excited as Tiberias. It sound like an amazing story and it ours.  :) 

Tell Tiberias that it's really me after all these years and I'm still standing and have not missed a beat.

I told him, but knowing my son, he's probably lurking around here avidly reading anyway LOL.  He just went back on the road after 5 days at home. He leaves the running of our joint venture to me, as he knows NOTHING about clicking, or  TEs or internet marketing. But he's a good boy--and the only person in the family who doesn't run screaming when I begin talking about my online activities LOL. My other half hates all things technical, so he leaves managing his websites and You Tube, and our offline business' Facebook Page (Kettle corn company) to me.

My younger son thinks I'm nuts, spending my entire life online. But Ryan has always been there for old Mom when I want to go off on some harebrained new adventure--because he understands synchronicity. Around here, we call it a "quantum thing", and it applies to all the strange coincidences that happen in our family over time. He and I have had our share of adventures both online and in the real world over the years :-).

Chrys, here's my famous Linkscout's Link: http://captkirk.linkscout.com :)

it's saying 404 at the moment--I probably need to do a DNSflush again *sigh*. One of the drawbacks to having a few dozen tabs open at once. But I will save it and when I flush at the end of the night I'll check again

it's saying 404 at the moment--I probably need to do a DNSflush again *sigh*. One of the drawbacks to having a few dozen tabs open at once. But I will save it and when I flush at the end of the night I'll check again

I noticed that it wasn't working when I checked it after I posted it. It's been working and I have the site listed on my Top 20 BABO program page. Maybe it served it's purpose... We have met again. :)

We shall see--- I have no doubt it will be back when it's needed again--which given all my other irons in the cyber fire at the moment will be a while LOL. I still have to set up my IBOToolbox, put some more energy into Topsurfer and Funguppy, and keep a close eye on Leads Leap!

Not to mention the day to day running of Fortunes. Sadly, Fortunes is making entirely too much money. I fear I may have to do something drastic during the holiday season to insure the Feral gov't and the civil serpents at the IRS don't get any of it. It's getting tougher and tougher to legally avoid paying the kleptocrats thanks to all the new taxregs they have conjured up in the last few years. But I shall find a way--I always do :-). 

And yes--we have met again :-). Which is, by and large, a fairly improbable circumstance, but a most welcome one IMO.

Guest mrclean0325

Gosh you guys are making me nostalgic. I remember back in the early '90s was my first attempt at an online business. I got the manual from a magazine ad. It was basically....selling a manual on how to sell stuff on BBS boards. I came across it again a few months ago cleaning out some junk and sorting trash from treasure. Star Trek was my favorite show when it was on regular TV, a long time ago. My affair with computers start a few decades before the '90s when I saw a stack of punch cards print out a Snoopy on his doghouse in letters. I also remember using an 8 baud (a 56K was 56,000 baud) modem. Man, now I feel OLD! :blink: