Marketing Checkpoint

What Would You Do If You Lost Your PayPal Account?

captkirk

I have had paypal since 2007 and never had a single issue with them. Not as a vendor and not now, as a website owner paying commissions. I would never say never off course. So I do use other options cause, it migh knock my door some day. Hopefully this is just a "cry wolf" syndrom and it will pass soon.

I to Love my paypal account.  It sadens me to read they do not think TE's and safelists are real business's.  A lot of work and time go into these two businesses. Also I read they do not think people earning money from PPC's is a legitimate business.  I wonder if they have any knowledge how much time is spent clicking ads.  I do also have Payza, however, I have been somewhat concerned about them since their last confusion.

Free 'Advertising System' Traffic & Exposure

http://llclick.com/280m4k5s

We had an interesting discussion about this on the Mardox video chat today. It's beginning to look like PayPal wants to basically distance themselves from nearly all digital product and service sellers, and not just traffic sites. If that indeed turns out to be the case the PayPal hatchet is not done chopping. And while Payza is the default now for most TE and mailer owners there are many concerns swirling around about them, plus there is no guarantee they won't go down the same road as PayPal.

Plans are currently in the works for the design of a new payment processing company specifically geared toward servicing the digital marketing community. If all goes well it could be ready for launch within the next month or two. I hope it all works out because I think PayPal for us traffic exchange and mailer lovers will soon be a thing of the past.

I woke up this past Monday to find an email from Paypal telling me my account had been "limited" which means locked down due to violations of the acceptable practices agreement which prohibits MLM, Matrix, Cycler, or any multi level referral based website.

I was pretty damn angry as well as worried as Paypal is all I use for my online business and without it I would be facing a nightmare of cancelled subscriptions, lost customer payments, etc.

The website they flagged was http://dtkpro.com which does not or has ever included any MLM or matrix component. Not only that but I had been using Paypal for that site since 2009!

Anyway, I call support and they tell me the only way to resolve the issue is via email to the PayPal Brand Risk Management Department at aup@paypal.com.

I  immediately sent them an email explaining that Dtkpro.com Is An online advertising service that pays affiliate commissions On Direct Referrals Only As A Reward For sharing this website with others. We Are Not a MLM or a matrix, Pyramid Scheme, or Get-Rich-Quick program. We have a 1 tier affiliate program and there is NO 2nd tier affiliate program or MLM structure involved with our site at all.

I also added that info to the home page of my site.

This seemed to please them because within 15 minutes I got an email with an apology for any disruptions and that my account was restored and the limitation was lifted.

That's what I did when I lost My Paypal account.....

PayPal got me running scare. Most of the programs that I promote are for advertising.

I removed most of my money from PayPal Wednesday except for a couple of hundreds.

But the way PayPal is limiting accounts lately, I need to get the rest of my balance before PayPal limit my account.

Both of the sites that I own are advertising sites. Now, I'm scare to promote any advertising sites that use PayPal.

I'm thinking commissions will be down for awhile until everyone sets up alternate methods. I have Payza but really haven't used it much the last couple of years. I've got quite a few lifetime upgrades in some quality sites but will need to build up my Payza account before I upgrade anywhere. Going to drop a few subscriptions coming up probably. Have to hang in there for a few months.

PayPal got me running scare. Most of the programs that I promote are for advertising.

I removed most of my money from PayPal Wednesday except for a couple of hundreds.

But the way PayPal is limiting accounts lately, I need to get the rest of my balance before PayPal limit my account.

Both of the sites that I own are advertising sites. Now, I'm scare to promote any advertising sites that use PayPal.

Paypal doesn't seem to have any issue with ad sites themselves. They are concerned with multi-level referral programs. If your ad site only pays commissions on the first level referrals there should be no problem getting it approved if your account is locked or limited. They were very quick to lift the limits on my acct. when I documented that I don't offer multi-level commissions. the key is communication. This cannot be resolved over the phone. It has to be done via email here aup@paypal.com. best of luck.

Paypal doesn't seem to have any issue with ad sites themselves. They are concerned with multi-level referral programs. If your ad site only pays commissions on the first level referrals there should be no problem getting it approved if your account is locked or limited. They were very quick to lift the limits on my acct. when I documented that I don't offer multi-level commissions. the key is communication. This cannot be resolved over the phone. It has to be done via email here aup@paypal.com. best of luck.

Paypal have limited a lot of programs that was not MLM, Network Marketing and etc... They have been doing that for years.

Owners have lost their PayPal account and they have never been MLM, Network Marketing, and etc...

Here's a short list of well known owners that have lost their PayPal account:

• Frank Salinas
  • Greg Chadwick
  • Maryanne Myers

Pay Pal has been the payment processor of choice for many years. Mainly because it is accepted world wide. How ever the past few months paypal  has been limiting accounts for people that use them for sites they deem High Risk do to new laws and regulations going in to effect in 2017.  The sad thing is the the traffic exchange and mailer industry has been put in to this High Risk  category.

Due to site such as Traffic Monsoon that put a bad taste in pay pals mouth. 

I feel that over the years we have all become to comfortable with paypals ease of use and now that they are shaking things up people dont like it. In the real world things change every day. This is just a change that people that want to make money in online marketing are going to have no choice but to accept the change and move forward or get out of this business. right now the best choice it to move to payza . In the coming months I am sure that there will be other payment processors that will be  better then pay pal ever was. after all necessity is the mother of all inventions. 

Pay Pal has been the payment processor of choice for many years. Mainly because it is accepted world wide. How ever the past few months paypal  has been limiting accounts for people that use them for sites they deem High Risk do to new laws and regulations going in to effect in 2017.  The sad thing is the the traffic exchange and mailer industry has been put in to this High Risk  category.

Due to site such as Traffic Monsoon that put a bad taste in pay pals mouth. 

I feel that over the years we have all become to comfortable with paypals ease of use and now that they are shaking things up people dont like it. In the real world things change every day. This is just a change that people that want to make money in online marketing are going to have no choice but to accept the change and move forward or get out of this business. right now the best choice it to move to payza . In the coming months I am sure that there will be other payment processors that will be  better then pay pal ever was. after all necessity is the mother of all inventions. 

Well said, I'm embracing the change and have started promoting Payza. If you can't beat them (PayPal), than join them by helping other find an alternate to PayPal. :)

• 5 months later...

Since I started this thread Sept 14, 2016, Mostly everyone I know have had their PP account limited without appeal including my PP account.

Now, it seem that Payza is the new PayPal for markerters without all the restrictions.

I don't miss Paypal at all because I'm making money and getting paid since everyone (that I know) is using Payza now.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I have had paypal since 2007 and never had a single issue with them. Not as a vendor and not now, as a website owner paying commissions. I would never say never off course. So I do use other options cause, it migh knock my door some day. Hopefully this is just a "cry wolf" syndrom and it will pass soon.

Hi Bruno,

I'm sorry to hear that you can no longer accept PayPal.

I'm NOT surprise because of all the other sites including my site that can no longer accept PayPal due to their terms.

Yea

Hi Bruno,

I'm sorry to hear that you can no longer accept PayPal.

I'm NOT surprise because of all the other sites including my site that can no longer accept PayPal due to their terms.

Yeah, it came back to bite me in the butt, I be looking for alternatives and keep moving forward and onwards, small set back though...

Yea

Yeah, it came back to bite me in the butt, I be looking for alternatives and keep moving forward and onwards, small set back though...

The owner that bought Frank Salinas sites is having the same problem with PayPal.

They ban domains, not just accounts, so if a different owner tries to use the same domain that caused an account to be closed the other owner will lose their PayPal too.

Yep! I knew that was an unwise decision to buy Frank’s sites and use Paypal.

I cant help it, I have to comment on this one.

Paypal is going after everyone again as usual, NOT just the biz opp arena - like this arena is. People who never sell anything, minecraft arena, people who sell candles that they make... my daughter is in that arena and was telling me about it the past couple of months. I was like "mine will come again at some point too". And it did and I got the same form letter, the same old "your account is limited" with the same old "terms yadda yadda yadda..." for the reason as everyone else got. Wether they sold anything or not.

I STILL hear people say "but they said my account was excellent"... and dont think they can get it. Think again. They told me that too, loaned me 32,000 dollars, put my account to where my withdraws were instant (only a certain percentage of accounts had this), had zero chargebacks in several years, that particuliar account was 12 years old. Had 3 refunds in 2 years. STILL got me just last week - again. The only reason I even have them on my sites is because people want to be paid by them and a few buy thru them, that is it. Or else they can go to hell.

They've been sued in class actions many times, and lost paying out millions each time for closing accounts for zero reason. I was in all 3 lawsuits because they have done it to me literally 12 times now. The last class action just finished last year.

They tried to make Trafficmonsoon owner go to Braintreepayments (paypal) so they can still make millions off the transactions before the SEC took action. They are extra harsh the past 3 years, I assume to shield their image that "hey, we didnt know! When we realized it we did a good check of everyone and took action to protect our members" (lies). Meanwhile they penetrate everywhere, such as coinbase, coinpayments, walmart, citibank, etc

Anyway...

You call about your closed account. They read off some script. You ask them "Why?" they tell you to email the aup department for specifics. You do - you get no answer - Ever. That is how it is, they have been that way since 2003. or Earlier.

They used to not have a phone number or an email to contact them, until they were forced to.

Now... why everyone insists on using this middleman to buy? I have zero idea, hypnotized? Because when they do, the site or store pays ppal 3 times or more, the credit card transaction fee, of a real merchant account. And so for the site/store to cover that cost - they raise their prices everywhere. But because of not wanting to take the minute to not type in a credit card number, and instead go to some place where its stored already... it will cost more money to buy anything in the long run.

Also...

Paypal cant "approve" a site (giving it existence), they cant "shut down" a site, they are not the law, they are not a bank, they are letting you use their merchant account and charging 3.. 4... times the fee = profit.

I could do the same thing with my merchant account. Anyone can.

Plus, your info is seen by many people who work there. How do I know? I filed a police report several years ago for identity theft saying I highly suspect someone at Ppal, because at the time, they were the only ones who had that much info on me.

So its not devasting if you lose your ppal account. They EFFING suck. They really do and betray people in a second, portray some squeeky clean image and this crap about "approved by ppal" meanwhile burying the real truths.

Just give up on trying to reason with the dragon. It just burns you more. You just go get another and another account as it happens.

I hope alot of people read this, spread the word.

PHP Programmer - Internet Marketer - Web Designer - Advertising Network Owner

Celebrating 22 years in business - Since 1998

https://webstars2k.com

Maryanne, thanks for sharing, you are absolutely right... your experience matches with mine and others I have talked to.

What irks me is some people will think something is wrong with your site because you can't accept PayPal... PayPal is way too big for it's own good and is doing harm, people need to stop using it completely.

Founder of Marketing Checkpoint

My Blog

Irks me too!  "something bad with your sites because you cant accept ppal". THAT is the image they have marketed out there for many years.

Well, it's like those companies "menthol cigarettes are GOOD for you, they COOL the throat". hahahaha :)

I just did something about it all week long. its now a freaking chess game.

Darren, You are probably one, like the rest of us, who wakes up wondering "Is today the day the suddenly close my account for no reason again, and sit on my own hard earned sales for the next 6 months? And people's commissions too!" kind of fear.

I've seen Bell post that, I've posted that, and numerous others in messenger say it (I mean on facebook).I see others in other arena's say it. Which have nothing to do with the biz opp arena. (like we are in).

All I can say, I'm done catering my sites around their MADE UP rules and done catering to people who think there is something wrong with you if ppal screws you.

Seriously? I just had visa, mastercard, discover and american express (amex is picky) do a credit check on me and approve me to process their cards directly, like many other people have done. But nooooo ppal says you're bad so therefore you are naughty! They use the same cards.

But, after ppal just nabbed account number 12 recently from me... which was weirdly almost 12 years old and really was built up with their capitial loans and their credit galore...  I'm done done done handling it with kid gloves. Done done done hiding that they do this.

Anyone wants to say I'm bad or my sites are bad because of ppal - then cuddle up to ppal. I'm sure they love you long time. (saying it sarcasticly...)

I was shocked to see my PayPal restricted yesterday! It doesn't matter that I have been with PayPal 15+ years. I guess they are scrubbing accounts again.

I apparently violated their Acceptable Use Policy because I receive payments from a handful of traffic exchanges and safelists and make payments to the same. I have never been a big cryptocurrency. So I don't use bitcoin much. And I am not a member of any MLM programs.

Now I have to reassess what programs/businesses I use based on how they pay commissions or whether they allow commissions to be used to buy more services, etc.

This is annoying, but it's time to move on.

2nd468.jpg

That is the reason they give EVERYONE.... you probably didnt do a thing. They even say that same  reason to those who sells graphics or Candles and NOT in this arena.

This go around is not the first time. And Who knows what the REAL reason is.

I now even entertain the wild idea that they have more than one merchant account and it gets dinged up by someone borrowing it to process sales (thats what we all are doing on ppal, borrowing their merchant account. And they charge 5-6 times more than the real fee of processing a sale!), and then had a bunch of chargebacks on it. So maybe they have to purge most users on that merchant account... so visa/mastercard/etc doesn't take their processing away. That can happen. But Who knows if its true, its just a theory.

But I have had MANY support tickets from people about their ppal accounts for the past couple weeks, that it happened to them, and asking me on how to get commissions on OTHER sites. I just tell them to not depend on ppal this isn't new. It depends on the other sites to do something about it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Clare! :)

Ok. Now I'm convinced its a bot...

I doubt the compliance team (or whatever it is) was so gung-ho that they just HAD to hunt people on Christmas day like rabid dogs hahahaha

Did you see how they took ALL the accounts of thehackernews? thats a very very big site too.

And I also think they got easyhits4u a month or two ago as they removed it again.