Marketing Checkpoint

A Strange Paradox…

Guest mrclean0325

Guest mrclean0325

First, I am not trying to start a “this one is better than that one” type thing or to upset anyone. I am just asking for some input on my experience.

I started with TEs years ago and did a bit with safelists. Safelists seemed such a chore. Recently I have been told they get better response and to use them as much as possible. So I started my safelist adventure.

Since I started using safelists more, I have found some strange paradoxes.

Yes, as far as “numbers” (sales, signups, or responses) go, they seem to get a better response than a TE.

I am analytical and have done some tests recently since I got to a point where it seems I did nothing else but work safelists for hours per day to do the mailings and was not getting other stuff done. The paradox was I was spending more time, getting lower numbers of hits, yet the responses were pretty much the same.

As I get more safelists to try to email more people I am going into negative returns as I am running out of time getting credits and not having the time to actually do all the mailing I can in a day. I don't want to cut into my time I use for other projects where the bulk of my income is coming from online. So I accumulating a lot of credits, but everything is lowering since I can’t do as many mailings and can’t surf the TEs to get views that way either.

It seems, at least to me at this point, TEs are a better time investment even though they may take more “hits” to get a response. Maybe it is just a mental thing since with a TE you are getting your sites seen while surfing and with a safelist you don’t get views until you actually do the mailing.

The point I am trying to make is it seems that yes, safelists do have better “numbers” as far as responses; but, not in time expended for those responses at least in what I am experiencing.

I have looked into some of the “apps” for safelists and all of them seem such a chore to setup and use. I am not sure they will really reduce the time spent.

I am not knocking one or the other since I have gotten signups and sales from both. I know people who use one or the other exclusively and some who just use one or two as their main advertising.

I have accumulated a large number of credits in some, but there are others I have to click to get enough credit now to do the minimal mailing. That will also change since I am using those saved up credits to not have to take the time to click to mail. It seems a vicious downward spiral at this point.

To mail all of the safelists I have that can mail on a particular day I go through 500 - 1000 or more emails per day to get a lot less actual "hits" than the number of credits attained. Where in a TE, if I see 1,000 ads, I get 1,000 credits and it usually means I get 1,000 hits for roughly the same time spent.

I know there are people with a lot more safelists than I have and I know there are others out there that might need tips for how to not spend SO much time using them. I know upgrades are an option, but I am not at a place I can afford to upgrade in many and some it won’t eliminate the need to click for mailings.

Any thoughts?