Marketing Checkpoint

Should PROVEN Marketers Be Given Top Upgrades For FREE?

captkirk

Hi Fellow Marketers and Guests,

Tommie Kirkland (Captkirk) here...

Why should a proven marketers have to pay for upgrades to promote a site.

Offline marketers are paid an incentive to work for companies, they don't paid to work for companies to make the companies money.

Should PROVEN marketers be given Top upgrades for FREE?

Guest mrclean0325

That is an interesting thought. Coming from a lurker and observers point of view, I have seen people in one thing do excellent and fall down in other things. There are very few who are "all around" great marketers.

On the marketers side, to prove you are a great marketer, you have to show what you have done and expose things you might not want the general public (or even an individual) privy to. I know a lot of marketers who do very well in their specific niches and would rather die than expose their gold mine to "prove" themselves. To the company it becomes dangerous to rely on any one individual for their income and profits.

The "norm" has been to have contests to reward the top marketers. To give a carrot to prove themselves as the top one. Very few are "the" top one in every instance and every product if you look at these contest results.

In this venue, the upgrades keep the business going. The company isn't really selling getting affiliates, but their advertising services. Maybe it should be a case of, "You pay and get X to join in such a time and then you will get a refund" type thing.

Then there is the old standard rule I go by - NEVER pay to be an affiliate for a company. If they want my money just for the privilege of selling their product - something is not right. The whole idea of being an affiliate is to sell a product for a commission. The affiliate will already have to invest their own time, effort, and money into advertising and selling a product that is not theirs and they have no control over. This same goes for buying marketing materials. Does the company make their profits from the affiliates or customers? This comes back to the structure of the company and in just about every case I have found, the affiliate always loses.

So the real question comes down to WHY the company wants your money to be an affiliate when they should be more concerned about getting new customers to make their money.

In this venue, the affiliate side is a secondary consideration to the actual service the company is selling. Sure you both make money from someone joining from your affiliate link but it not the main business service you purchase when joining. In this venue, maybe there should be a pure affiliate side where you can't use the services, but can get others to join for a commission. The best of both worlds. There are traffic programs on ClickBank and other affiliate networks that work this way.

Ultimately you have to do what is the "thing" in whatever niche you choose to do business in. If you want something different, you have to choose another niche.

• 2 weeks later...

As the Owner/Admin of multiple Traffic Exchanges
We like to reward all our members for their
efforts with Fair Commissions.
The best way to earn more is to Upgrade and is
a fair practice. After all we need to have money
coming in in order to pay the commissions. :)

SFI around the clock

http://www.sfimg.com/SFIBanners/banner167.gif

http://www.sfi4.com/17218189/REAL

As the Owner/Admin of multiple Traffic Exchanges

We like to reward all our members for their

efforts with Fair Commissions.

The best way to earn more is to Upgrade and is

a fair practice. After all we need to have money

coming in in order to pay the commissions. :)

Fair is fair, yes I agree. I obviously wouldn't complain about higher commission if I'm upgraded.

To answer Tommie's question, which I didn't really give my opinion on properly.  I think its a smart move by an owner at launch time to have a few top promoters who've been given upgrades as incentives to get a good launch.  I'm not sure though if they should be given otherwise.

• 2 years later...