Marketing Checkpoint

How Long Have You Been Online?

captkirk

Hi Fellow Marketers and Guests,

Tommie Kirkland (Captkirk) here...

I have been online for 16 years (since 2001) searching for my pot of gold.

And 16 years later and I'm still searching! :)

How Long Have You Been Online?

I've been on since 2009 (online marketing) but I've been involved with network marketing since 2000.

I chose not to re-enlist my active duty service with the US Army in January 2000, came back into the civilian world, and I knew that I wanted to start a business.  I guess you can say that being in the military (under the Bush Administration) was trauma. 

:)

I've been on since 2009 (online marketing) but I've been involved with network marketing since 2000.

I chose not to re-enlist my active duty service with the US Army in January 2000, came back into the civilian world, and I knew that I wanted to start a business.  I guess you can say that being in the military (under the Bush Administration) was trauma. 

:)

You did Network Marketing old school, opportunity meetings, homes presentations, hotels and etc... :)

Hello fellow marketer!  I've been marketing online off and on... ok, more off than on... ;) since October 2000. :)

Receive our Introduction to Essential Oils series

My Blog: http://kindredspiritforhealthandhome.com 

Sharing Our Love for God & His Gift of Essential Oils

On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/use.essential.oils.daily/

Guest mrclean0325

I played with my first computer in the late '60s. I have been "online" (connecting one computer to another through a modem) since the mid-seventies. Didn't really make much money until the www hit and eBay hit in the mid-nineties...I also bought a "biz-in-a-box" making computer plaques, cups, and key-chains in that area somewhere in the early '90s (cost a few grand for the computer, laser printer, and all the supplies) we did it at fairs and stuff. Also did a lot of offline MLM; hotel meetings and all the rest I think the first one was in the late seventies...I started a mail order business in the '80s through a program like so many you see online now but it had a lot of BOOKS to read... :P

I played with my first computer in the late '60s. I have been "online" (connecting one computer to another through a modem) since the mid-seventies. Didn't really make much money until the www hit and eBay hit in the mid-nineties...I also bought a "biz-in-a-box" making computer plaques, cups, and key-chains in that area somewhere in the early '90s (cost a few grand for the computer, laser printer, and all the supplies) we did it at fairs and stuff. Also did a lot of offline MLM; hotel meetings and all the rest I think the first one was in the late seventies...I started a mail order business in the '80s through a program like so many you see online now but it had a lot of BOOKS to read... :P

You been around on the net a long time and not to mention being in MLM and hotel meetings, I remember those one on one meetings, home presentations, opportunities meetings in hotels and etc... :)

It does not make a big difference whether you have been in online business for 2 weeks or 10 years if your pot is filling with Gold (Online incline) .

I would like to meet someone that started online in 2 weeks and have his pot filling with Gold. I have never met one in my 16 years online. :)

I have been trying to make money online for about 4 years most of that time failed, but had some success. The important thing is to build your list asap!, because it is a waste of money if you promote directly to the product your promoting. Make a capture page, setup an autoresponder and drive traffic using free methods and paid traffic services...( The Money Is In The List)

Guest mrclean0325

You been around on the net a long time and not to mention being in MLM and hotel meetings, I remember those one on one meetings, home presentations, opportunities meetings in hotels and etc... :)

Yes, the "good ol' days" where you had no choice but to meet "belly-to-belly"...

To be honest, I'm really not well suited to building a good online income. I've made money, and I can make money, plus I have some small residual income from various programs. But as far as building something more sustainable, I don't really do it. I don't do social networking, I don't have my own site (any more), I don't maintain a list, and I don't "sell" to people I know and meet online, though I know how. So in the almost 10 years I've been online, I've really just been using mailers and traffic exchanges to promote. But I have an offline business, so for me, this remains a hobby. And this is how I prefer to work.