29 replies to this topic

#1 smalpani7

smalpani7

Mild

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:57 PM

There are around 15 sites under him which he calls Smart Marketing Group. But no payment and no replies to your support ticket.

#2 prosumus

prosumus

Gettin' Comfy

• Bronze
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:20 PM

What are his biggest sites?

#3 Greg Wessels

Greg Wessels

Gettin' Comfy

• Bronze
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:44 PM

There are around 15 sites under him which he calls Smart Marketing Group. But no payment and no replies to your support ticket.

SmartMarketingGroup.info only lists 6 sites, and with no name attached to the site I believe this is the one in question.

Wasn't this nonpayent/scam/whatever topic brought up under a different thread?  I thought I read that Greg started paying out at one of his sites but not

sure because I don't belong to any of them.

What are his biggest sites?

The ones I see the most are queenofheartshitx.com, trafficpiratehits.com, and clixalothits.com.

#4 Allen Tan

Allen Tan

Mild

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 22 March 2017 - 11:29 PM

I had never use  h

Never use his sites and so no experience on them. Thank you for the info.

#5 Clare Bowen

Clare Bowen

Medium

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 23 March 2017 - 02:12 AM

Suman, small correction - his name is Greg Parkins, not Parkinson

He's also bought some sites recently, Kodiak Hits and Traffic Corps come to mind.

I don't have experience as far as paying or not paying, because I don't really use or promote his sites. However, this is what I know. He's been an owner of sites for some years. I can remember him as owner of several Text Ad exchanges, before Traffic Exchanges. Like this one ;-p http://www.bigbuckstextads.info

When I asked once in the Zubee Talk forum, for traffic exchange owners opinions on what they would like from their members. He wrote a very long reply, and one thing he complained about, was that site owners don't make so much money and that members should understand that and not be so demanding regarding their commission payments. So, it seemed from that, that he does pay (?), but that he doesn't prioritize the payment of commissions?

Also fairly recently, maybe around the end of last year or beginning of this year or so, I noticed an admin mail. He'd just purchased Kodiak Hits and was threatening members who had not logged in since some date in 2015, that he would delete their accounts, upgraded or not. His tone was pretty harsh. Lots of CAPS. The email went out several times.

Aside from that, I've heard complaints about unfair attitude to a request by an upgraded member of one of his sites, and also, from another TE owner, that "rumour is that he's slow to pay".

He seems to really like doing cross promos with other sites by the way.

My New Mailer. Join Us!

harmonybanner.gif

#6 captkirk

captkirk

Never Give in! and Never Quit!

• Moderators
  • 2,250 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:58 AM

Hi Clare, I corrected the name of the thread to Greg Parkins. :)

#7 Clare Bowen

Clare Bowen

Medium

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:47 AM

Hi Clare, I corrected the name of the thread to Greg Parkins. :)

Tommie, sorry, Greg Parkin :-)

My New Mailer. Join Us!

harmonybanner.gif

#8 captkirk

captkirk

Never Give in! and Never Quit!

• Moderators
  • 2,250 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 March 2017 - 10:28 AM

Tommie, sorry, Greg Parkin :-)

No problem, I corrected the subject title to Greg Parkin. :)

#9 rpsmith

rpsmith

Medium

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 02:54 AM

It seems to me that people who own these sites have a problem in understanding exactly what they are getting themselves into. It seems that they are also getting into them with the idea of "getting rich quick" or "just getting rich" from them. I've seen this before many times with TE's and Text Ads Exchanges. I think, many start out well intentioned, but don't research their particular business/industry well enough. If they did, they might make better choices. Just a thought.

Earn Big Money in Bitcoin! Let Us Show You How!

Click Here!

#10 Clare Bowen

Clare Bowen

Medium

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 27 April 2017 - 07:09 AM

So far, this complaint is still the only one I've heard of that claims that this owner doesn't pay.

My New Mailer. Join Us!

harmonybanner.gif

#11 Clare Bowen

Clare Bowen

Medium

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 27 April 2017 - 07:23 AM

It seems to me that people who own these sites have a problem in understanding exactly what they are getting themselves into. It seems that they are also getting into them with the idea of "getting rich quick" or "just getting rich" from them. I've seen this before many times with TE's and Text Ads Exchanges. I think, mant start out well intentioned, but don't research their particular business/industry well enough. If they did, they might make better choices. Just a thought.

Yes, the script is very cheap, but its very basic. Apps cost money, and even the things that a surfer would take for granted, have to be purchased. Plus games and awards to attract and keep members. People have many choices of where to surf and advertise, and will simply go away if a site isn't interesting enough. Cheats are rife and need to be controlled. Either an owner needs to put in quite a lot of capital to start, or start basic and keep the money earned, and (aside from paying commissions), turn the profit back into the site to develop it. I've just started to help a friend admin her new site, and this is what I've discovered.

Buying an established TE with all these things added is much better value it seems, especially since there seem to be a fair amount of them recently on the market, but they come with their own problems.

My New Mailer. Join Us!

harmonybanner.gif

#12 rpsmith

rpsmith

Medium

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 02:16 AM

Yes, the script is very cheap, but its very basic. Apps cost money, and even the things that a surfer would take for granted, have to be purchased. Plus games and awards to attract and keep members. People have many choices of where to surf and advertise, and will simply go away if a site isn't interesting enough. Cheats are rife and need to be controlled. Either an owner needs to put in quite a lot of capital to start, or start basic and keep the money earned, and (aside from paying commissions), turn the profit back into the site to develop it. I've just started to help a friend admin her new site, and this is what I've discovered.

Buying an established TE with all these things added is much better value it seems, especially since there seem to be a fair amount of them recently on the market, but they come with their own problems.

All true. But what I was referring to was that most members do not upgrade and many do not even bother buying ads,solo ads,etc. From my research  and experience, I have learned that many who get into this expect the opposite and are disappointed by their lack of results. They fail to understand that they will not get rich from this type of business (though some have done well for themselves).

Click Here!

#13 Clare Bowen

Clare Bowen

Medium

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 03 May 2017 - 04:28 AM

All true. But what I was referring to was that most members do not upgrade and many do not even bother buying ads,solo ads,etc. From my research  and experience, I have learned that many who get into this expect the opposite and are disappointed by their lack of results. They fail to understand that they will not get rich from this type of business (though some have done well for themselves).

You're so right, yes, this is often exactly what happens.

To a more savvy owner, free members are also valuable in their own way though. "Just because people are not spending money on a site, it doesn't mean that they're not spending money online".

My New Mailer. Join Us!

harmonybanner.gif

#14 Clare Bowen

Clare Bowen

Medium

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 03 May 2017 - 04:31 AM

I mean not buying upgrades, credits etc

My New Mailer. Join Us!

harmonybanner.gif

#15 Maryanne Myers -Webstars2K

Maryanne Myers -Webstars2K

Solid Ground

• Bronze
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 10:02 PM

"and was threatening members who had not logged in since some date in 2015, that he would delete their accounts, upgraded or not."

...things have really gone downhill for awhile now... several years now.

.....I can not believe some people would even stay after an unprofessional email was sent. Some or almost ALL people who start online as affiliates ..should... STAY... as... affiliates of sites.... and not buy some replicated thing and become 'owners' and run amok with no payouts, weird rules, weird emails, shunning, etc etc etc etc. This is a hard biz, and harder to last past a few years, and behaviour like that - will knock you out alot faster though. lmao... I'm trying to imagine if I sent out email like that to members.

#16 rpsmith

rpsmith

Medium

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 01:39 AM

You bring up a good point

You're so right, yes, this is often exactly what happens.

To a more savvy owner, free members are also valuable in their own way though. "Just because people are not spending money on a site, it doesn't mean that they're not spending money online".

You bring up a good point. Many are not savvy enough to learn the ins and outs of this industry and do not realize the value of free members. In some cases, it has been the free members who have been the most active in recruiting. The "paid members" (in my opinion) are not quite so active in their recruiting efforts and are along for the ride. I am speaking in general terms of course., I realize there are exceptions to this. I was one who did not fare well in my ownership of TE's and Text Ads Exchanges. I sold them at a loss, but learned many valuable lessons in the process.

P.S. Owners that send out threatening messages usually wind up losing big time and in the long run. I have seen a few that did so and tried to come back later. From the ones I can remember, they didn't make it the second or third time either. They succeeded in doing one thing: trashing their reputation.

Click Here!

#17 Clare Bowen

Clare Bowen

Medium

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 13 May 2017 - 12:52 AM

I'm curious to know if there is any update on this situation. Because I still haven't heard anyone else complain of non-payment by this owner.

Just in the last few days, I've connected with him via support desk and found Greg Parkin to be very helpful and definitely not an unresponsive owner. Quite the opposite.

My New Mailer. Join Us!

harmonybanner.gif

#18 rpsmith

rpsmith

Medium

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 01:29 AM

Disgruntled members maybe? One of the sad parts to any Internet business is that people often post negative remarks for some petty or imagined reason. I recently saw a video about a similar situation except the "complainer" was trying to get stuff he didn't deserve in any sense of the word. Apparently it cost the business owner thousands of subscribers.

Click Here!

#19 Clare Bowen

Clare Bowen

Medium

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 15 May 2017 - 04:25 AM

Yes, well this is it. To call someone's business a scam, is a very serious accusation.

Some members don't read Terms, and fail to meet requirements for payout.  And don't know how to look for support ticket replies. Or they're using an email address that bounces mails, and they don't get the replies at all. Or terms change and members don't keep up-to-date with admin notifications.

My New Mailer. Join Us!

harmonybanner.gif

#20 theFreeGuru

theFreeGuru

Gettin' Comfy

• Bronze
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationYuma Arizona

Posted 16 May 2017 - 02:31 AM

He's also bought some sites recently, Kodiak Hits and Traffic Corps come to mind.

I don't have experience as far as paying or not paying, because I don't really use or promote his sites. However, this is what I know. He's been an owner of sites for some years. I can remember him as owner of several Text Ad exchanges, before Traffic Exchanges. Like this one ;-p http://www.bigbuckstextads.info

When I asked once in the Zubee Talk forum, for traffic exchange owners opinions on what they would like from their members. He wrote a very long reply, and one thing he complained about, was that site owners don't make so much money and that members should understand that and not be so demanding regarding their commission payments. So, it seemed from that, that he does pay (?), but that he doesn't prioritize the payment of commissions?

Also fairly recently, maybe around the end of last year or beginning of this year or so, I noticed an admin mail. He'd just purchased Kodiak Hits and was threatening members who had not logged in since some date in 2015, that he would delete their accounts, upgraded or not. His tone was pretty harsh. Lots of CAPS. The email went out several times.

Aside from that, I've heard complaints about unfair attitude to a request by an upgraded member of one of his sites, and also, from another TE owner, that "rumour is that he's slow to pay".

He seems to really like doing cross promos with other sites by the way.

Sounds to me like he needs to learn simple economics.

Stop adding new sites if you can't afford to pay members on time.

With every purchase set aside a payouts fund covering commissions and any cash promotions.

Focus on 1-2 sites and make them popular with a good reputation instead of burning domain after domain starting over.

Andy Zeus Anderson

Andy Zeus Anderson

Visit my new Website traffic and marketing weblog Tomahawk Traffic Blog

Help Wanted: Professional Marketers and People who want more from life than a Just Over Broke. Apply at SFI Advantage Advertising Cooperative.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users