29 replies to this topic

#21 rpsmith

rpsmith

Mild

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 03:53 AM

Sounds to me like he needs to learn simple economics.

Stop adding new sites if you can't afford to pay members on time.

With every purchase set aside a payouts fund covering commissions and any cash promotions.

Focus on 1-2 sites and make them popular with a good reputation instead of burning domain after domain starting over.

Andy Zeus Anderson

There are a couple of issues in this one. First, I can understand his desire to encourage inactive members to become active again. But, not to the point of yelling or threats. There are other far more constructive ways to go about encouraging member to reactivate their accounts or getting active again. Having contests would be one good way to go about it. I can also understand the need to "clean house". I think it's one of the major frustrations related to this industry; inactive members. Again, threats are not the way to go about it. It's also a good way to destroy your reputation online.

AS a member of some safelists, etc. I track the ones that are working out for me as far as promotional responses go. The ones that work, I focus on and the ones that are not working I drop. I think a lot of people do this. It's simply a matter of doing business on line. People who are looking to make money, need responsive promotions to make money. I tend to think that alot of exchange owners get into this not really trying to think of ways to encourage member participation, but stick to the "run of the mill scripts". These people need to understand that, in order to succeed, they need to set themselves apart from the rest.

I mentioned this before, that this guy obviously does not understand the industry he is involved in. I think, if he did, he would rethink his entire business model. From what I understand, sites like this do not make a great deal of money. Most are lucky to break even. Unless the owner is savvy enough to understand this and use that knowledge to his advantage, he/she will lose money.

I agree with the comment above. Focus only on one or two sites. Create a fund to pay members. Use the rest to promote or develop your site (or do both). Keep the ones that are showing promise and sell the others.

If You Love Pinning, You Are Gonna Love This!

Click Here!

#22 Clare Bowen

Clare Bowen

Medium

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 18 May 2017 - 03:02 PM

Some people are also really badly suited to owning membership sites, in that they lack the social skills necessary to communicate well with users. Some are probably nice enough people, but just come across as arrogant, unsympathetic or unfriendly.

My New Mailer. Join Us!

harmonybanner.gif

#23 captkirk

captkirk

Never Give in! and Never Quit!

• Moderators
  • 2,084 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:41 PM

Some people are also really badly suited to owning membership sites, in that they lack the social skills necessary to communicate well with users. Some are probably nice enough people, but just come across as arrogant, unsympathetic or unfriendly.

Clare, very well said, if you wasn't already the #1 Team Leader, I would vote that you were!

I'm sure that a lot of people have never had their own business online or offline. It's very easy to get your own business online, in fact, It's so easy, that I got my own membership site! :)

Lack of social skills in dealing with people online and offline is a sure way to kill your business very quickly.

I agree with you Clare, that some of the owners are nice people and just come across unfriendly in their emails and texts.

#24 mrclean0325

mrclean0325

Medium

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  • LocationPA, USA

Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:44 PM

Most people don't truly appreciate what running their own business entails or have the proper skill sets in place. The old rule was the "rule of 500", where each person you deal with can have positive or negative results from 500 others who know someone who knows someone. On the Internet, that figure can go into the thousands, millions, or billions with all the social media contacts everyone has. Everything we do online can be seen by more people than we want to imagine. Social skills are what will kiss us or kill us. We have all seen a lot of people and businesses taken down by one wrong post, email, video, or comment. Some have recovered while others not so much...so be careful what you put out there as it may come back to haunt you.

"Just because it quacks, don't make it a duck..."

Discover over 100 sites to make a bit of cash...

CLICK HERE TO CHECK IT OUT!

#25 rpsmith

rpsmith

Mild

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 10:08 AM

Most people don't truly appreciate what running their own business entails or have the proper skill sets in place. The old rule was the "rule of 500", where each person you deal with can have positive or negative results from 500 others who know someone who knows someone. On the Internet, that figure can go into the thousands, millions, or billions with all the social media contacts everyone has. Everything we do online can be seen by more people than we want to imagine. Social skills are what will kiss us or kill us. We have all seen a lot of people and businesses taken down by one wrong post, email, video, or comment. Some have recovered while others not so much...so be careful what you put out there as it may come back to haunt you.

So very true. I have seen businesses or online games take serious losses because someone posted a negative remark about them. I saw a video on youtube not long ago related to this very subject. In this case, however, the online game owner had friends who exposed the person responsible and his lies.

If You Love Pinning, You Are Gonna Love This!

Click Here!

#26 Clare Bowen

Clare Bowen

Medium

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 01 June 2017 - 04:32 AM

I was in one his sites today, Traffic Pirate Hits because of a cross promo arranged with the site where I am admin.

What I noticed is this:

EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY

ALL Members Can Request A Payout Anytime

CONDITIONS FOR PAYOUT
FREE MEMBERS, CABIN BOY & MATE
Commission Balance Minimum $20.00
1st MATE & CAPTAINS
Commission Balance Minimum $10.00
Members Responsible To Report Cash Payouts

Send Payout Request To Support Desk!
Enter Paypal Address In Your Profile!

COMMISSION & PRIZE WINS
Commissions: earned from Referral Purchases
Prizes: Anything Other Than Referral Purchases
None, Any Commission but All Cash Prize Wins
Must Be Used To Purchase Upgrades/Advertising
Look For The Use Commission Icon

So, a free member who can earn 5% commission and has a minimum cashout of $20, will need to make sales of $400 and above before requesting payout.

I can't say in the case of sites by this owner. My knowledge of what has happened in the past in them, is too limited.

However, I can say this.

Anyone who is surfing Traffic Exchanges must be aware that some owners can, and do impose such terms, and some even change their terms of payment to their members. They call this "keeping their site/s sustainable".

My New Mailer. Join Us!

harmonybanner.gif

#27 Darren Olander

Darren Olander

Hot

• Administrators
  • 466 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 05:31 PM

I was in one his sites today, Traffic Pirate Hits because of a cross promo arranged with the site where I am admin.

What I noticed is this:

EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY

ALL Members Can Request A Payout Anytime

CONDITIONS FOR PAYOUT
FREE MEMBERS, CABIN BOY & MATE
Commission Balance Minimum $20.00
1st MATE & CAPTAINS
Commission Balance Minimum $10.00
Members Responsible To Report Cash Payouts

Send Payout Request To Support Desk!
Enter Paypal Address In Your Profile!

COMMISSION & PRIZE WINS
Commissions: earned from Referral Purchases
Prizes: Anything Other Than Referral Purchases
None, Any Commission but All Cash Prize Wins
Must Be Used To Purchase Upgrades/Advertising
Look For The Use Commission Icon

So, a free member who can earn 5% commission and has a minimum cashout of $20, will need to make sales of $400 and above before requesting payout.

I can't say in the case of sites by this owner. My knowledge of what has happened in the past in them, is too limited.

However, I can say this.

Anyone who is surfing Traffic Exchanges must be aware that some owners can, and do impose such terms, and some even change their terms of payment to their members. They call this "keeping their site/s sustainable".

I doubt free members will promote that site (or most TEs) that have low commissions for the money. It would be some other reason or not at all. But I never understood making it difficult for someone to get their money, I have only a $2 minimum just because any less than that and it doesn't make the processing fees even worth it.

Founder of Marketing Checkpoint

My Blog

#28 captkirk

captkirk

Never Give in! and Never Quit!

• Moderators
  • 2,084 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 June 2017 - 06:28 PM

I never understood making it difficult for someone to get their money, I have only a $2 minimum just because any less than that and it doesn't make the processing fees even worth it.

I agree with Darren 100%! :)

The best way to kill your business or stop the growth of your site is to make it difficult for members to earn money or to get their commissions once earned.

I won't promote sites that make it hard for members to get their money even if I could afford the highest upgrades. I always consider the commissions and payouts for the free members if they have the option to join free.

#29 Clare Bowen

Clare Bowen

Medium

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 02 June 2017 - 02:43 AM

I doubt free members will promote that site (or most TEs) that have low commissions for the money. It would be some other reason or not at all. But I never understood making it difficult for someone to get their money, I have only a $2 minimum just because any less than that and it doesn't make the processing fees even worth it.

Yes, I agree, and certainly in that case it doesn't make sense to have such a high minimum, since the only way that members will earn is through sales. This guy has his own tactics though it seems. He brings members in by swapping upgrades with other owners and then running cross reward promos with them.

In the case of many Traffic Exchanges though (and some mailers) cash prizes and rewards are available to all members on a daily basis .

There are reward codes with cash, prize pages with cash, games etc, and then a minimum payout is reasonable, even up to $20 (though I think between $5 and $10 is better).

My New Mailer. Join Us!

harmonybanner.gif

#30 Terry Guile

Terry Guile

Solid Ground

• Bronze
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationDavenport, Iowa

Posted 27 July 2017 - 05:47 PM

I am familiar with this guys sites.

I find a lot of value in them.

He has the login spotlight on most of his sites and you can usually claim it everyday. He gives 30 to 40 credits just for logging in.

If you load up all 15 of his sites in a Firefox browser by bookmarking them in a folder and then choosing load all tabs and

then just login each one with Firefox saving your login info you can claim about 500 credits in about 10 minutes.

He also has the click here for a prize mod where you get advertising credits for looking at a site.

He also has the Top Promoter mod on most of his sites too  The commando surf sites give 50  points so you can rank high on the contest by commando surfing.

If you send 100 hits to his sites with the commando surf sites you can usually win 150 credits and possibly pick up referrers.

I don't know about payments. I wouldn't try to claim the money prize anyway.

But, you can get a bunch of credits easy from his sites.

Make Money With Paid To Read https://www.emoneyspace.com/tguile900

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users