Photo

Do You Prefer The Old Safelists or New Viral Mailers? - Why?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Maryanne Myers -Webstars2K

Maryanne Myers -Webstars2K

Solid Ground

• Bronze
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 12:20 PM

From what I've heard, Dan is now "excluded" from opening more sites on this script 

I appreciate your feedback and advice Maryanne, thank you :)

I wonder why? I am curious (about excluded).

And.. you do? I thought you would get angry for saying such things against that world, glad you didn't though as not trying to anger anyone.

#22 Maryanne Myers -Webstars2K

Solid Ground

• Bronze
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 12:35 PM

I have seen both mailer types. I was never really sure if there was a difference in them. As has been mentioned above, someone stated there was no difference. To me, the term "viral mailer" seems like a play on words, suggesting viral advertising or similar.

It took the term mailer, which is the same as a safelist, but then put the word viral in front and it's not even viral. That has irked me for the past 5 years because it's incorrect. Subconciously show it is somehow different and it is not

#23 Clare Bowen

Clare Bowen

Medium

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 11 July 2017 - 02:26 PM

I wonder why? I am curious (about excluded).

And.. you do? I thought you would get angry for saying such things against that world, glad you didn't though as not trying to anger anyone.

Actually when the news came to me, it was 2nd hand from a skype room rant, and I was so not surprised that I didn't even bother to ask for details. There's actually so much I could say here regarding my opinions about that whole JV launch scenario, but its probably best not to :)

And yes, I do. I understand you, and admire you, and quite frankly, I feel honored that you responded to me. My feelings toward what has happened with the script since it was first introduced, and a lot of things around it, are probably more similar to yours than you think, :) 

My New Mailer. Join Us!

harmonybanner.gif

#24 Maryanne Myers -Webstars2K

Solid Ground

• Bronze
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 02:11 PM

Wow, that flattered me :) and yeah I didnt want to make you mad because I know I can be harsh on opinions. And sorry it took awhile to come back here to respond to that kindness you posted, I was killing some spider mess in the garage and house cleaning on a massive scale! (and now the crickets and moths get to live without be wrapped up in a silk sack for god knows how long haha)

#25 Maryanne Myers -Webstars2K

Solid Ground

• Bronze
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 12:44 AM

...Just wanted to make sure everyone knows there is NO difference in a safelist or a mailer.

I call them safelists mainly because it is their origionial name, but also called them mailers before 2010... and so did others.

Having one or two email fields does not make it a safelist, or a mailer - It is the same thing.

Having credits or not does not make it a safelist, or a mailer - It is the same thing.

It is a very old advertising method and not new.

It was "mandatory" to have 2 email addresses IF the owner or programmer wanted it.

My safelists have had either.

My mailers have had either.

Neither name is new and if someone says otherwise, then they were not around back then.

People have been doing 1 or 2 email fields since year 2000, or before, and use of credits.

It had nothing to do with the name of the thing (safelist or mailer)

Back in the day (and I am sure today) people filtered their safelist mail. Owners wanted to contact them but if filtered, their emails did not get seen. it depended on the owner, the programmer of a script and how they wanted it.

#26 Clare Bowen

Clare Bowen

Medium

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 29 July 2017 - 08:45 AM

...Just wanted to make sure everyone knows there is NO difference in a safelist or a mailer.

I call them safelists mainly because it is their origionial name, but also called them mailers before 2010... and so did others.

Having one or two email fields does not make it a safelist, or a mailer - It is the same thing.

Having credits or not does not make it a safelist, or a mailer - It is the same thing.

It is a very old advertising method and not new.

It was "mandatory" to have 2 email addresses IF the owner or programmer wanted it.

My safelists have had either.

My mailers have had either.

Neither name is new and if someone says otherwise, then they were not around back then.

People have been doing 1 or 2 email fields since year 2000, or before, and use of credits.

It had nothing to do with the name of the thing (safelist or mailer)

Back in the day (and I am sure today) people filtered their safelist mail. Owners wanted to contact them but if filtered, their emails did not get seen. it depended on the owner, the programmer of a script and how they wanted it.

You're right :-)

I still classify them differently for my own use though. I have four parent folders for mailers - TAEs, LFMVMs, Safelists and a folder that I call Listbuilders (yes, I know lol), but I made those without worrying what others might think of my labels and really its based on script for me. The LFMVM folder came after the other three when those launched and I had name it then, "new script mailers".

I've just recently gone through all my filters and cleaned out many dead sites. Also switched a number of sites from one folder to another as they've converted to a different script.

My New Mailer. Join Us!

harmonybanner.gif

#27 Terry Guile

Terry Guile

Solid Ground

• Bronze
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationDavenport, Iowa

Posted 30 July 2017 - 11:04 AM

I don't have much experience with safelists but I have joined about 40 of them. The LFMVM ones are horrible in my opinion.

it isn't the script itself but the way it always ends up being ran.

When you join them they may give you 500 credits. Big deal. That equates to about 5 hits.

Plus, not many people are active because you get about a 1 to 4 or 1 to 3 ration on them.

Plus, you are dealing with all these emails. You mean I have to get flooded with emails and read all  of them on top of all the rest of it?

I mean if you cant convey to me whats on your site in 5 seconds of me flipping on to it im moving on.

If you want to do banners that is a no go also. People think they can get a good deal on all the credits with banners. Everyone thinks that though and you have a million banners and no action.

I would rather just do a traffic exchange and PTC that gives me a good ratio for my visits.

I don want 1 credit for 3 views and a bunch of emails I want to zip through sites and get the same views or better back.

Make Money With Paid To Read https://www.emoneyspace.com/tguile900

#28 yourstores

yourstores

Breakin' Ground

• Bronze
  • 7 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 30 July 2017 - 02:24 PM

I use a tracker to monitor everything I do which includes mailers and TE's. I can agree with everything said about using both based on the info I have. I am however amazed at the number of bot visits that occur on TE's, often as many as 50%. As long as everybody doesn't start using them we should be alright, just keep playing the numbers game. 

Super APE - Best Instant Pay Downline Builder Online

ConversionSurf - Traffic Exchange plus free copy of the "Advertise Advertising To Advertisers" Guide aka the Triple A Plan!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users