Marketing Checkpoint

What's Your Worst Experience Buying Affiliate Products?

simplygenius

What's Your Worst Experience Buying Affiliate Products? For me it's buying products on JVzoo Affiliate Platform only to have the vendor rescind the product in a matter of months especially those wordpress plugins that no longer work after installing and using them for only a few months.

I have purchased possibly more than 100 products on JVzoo and can testify today that more than 90% of these products no longer work, have their download pages taken down or the API call inside the plugin is expired, lifetime offers converted to annual offers therefore your subscription is no longer valid and all sorts of non sense to the point I will never, never, never ever make a purchase from JVzoo again especially from that noted list of online hustlers they have posing as internet marketing gurus Todd Gross et al...

Guest mrclean0325

I feel ya!

Though it is not just JVZoo that has vendors sites disappear. You get the same thing through WarriorPlus too. I've had some that didn't even last a month before they completely disappeared. A reason these products that don't have anything to download as it is all on the site give me great pause now.

Probably the worst experience was with a ClickBank product. It made all the right noise about multiple streams of income, building your list at the same time, and making loads of money. It was guaranteed to work and if it didn't, you sent proof and all was refunded. The thing was to make it work, you had to buy the vendors other ClickBank products (which were not cheap on a monthly plan) which if memory serves me right was around 6 products. Everyone who joined was signed up to your list AND all your uplines lists, so my inbox was flooded with crap. Of course you had to use his preferred autoresponder and sign up under him too.

Basically the persons you signed up you used your ClickBank ID and got the commissions. The commissions for the products was close to $800 (might have been more I don't remember) which most were a continuity program. Basically you were shelling out a ton of money in hopes you could get someone else to do the same.

After several emails to ClickBank support to report this extortion since they were all ClickBank products, I was finally told - "If you don't like the way it works, don't buy it".

So I guess it is OK with them to do this type of thing. Go figure... :angry: :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

That sounds alot like Vick Strizheus way of selling. His trick is to get you to buy into all of these programs which wind up costing a fortune. If it had been me, I would have complained to CB and gotten my money back. Not for sure now, but it seems like that would be a violation of CB's policies. Did you look into that?

Free Video Chat Service! Get Connected And Stay Connected!

Click Here!

Guest mrclean0325

No, it is not a violation of CB policy - at least that is what they kept telling me. I had several email conversations with them about it and the response is in the post. The tricky thing was the guarantee - you had to show proof you actually tried to get it to work. Which was a very large amount to invest with It did forever tarnish my views on CB though.

Having been doing this for 20 years, I have had too many worst experiences!

My current pet peeve are the list building type programs being promoted that integrate with only several autoresponders. Usually GetResponse or AWeber. The program won't work with your autoresponder. So you either have to get another autoresponder account or not use the program. 

2nd468.jpg

Having been doing this for 20 years, I have had too many worst experiences!

My current pet peeve are the list building type programs being promoted that integrate with only several autoresponders. Usually GetResponse or AWeber. The program won't work with your autoresponder. So you either have to get another autoresponder account or not use the program. 

Fairly recently I came across a marketer video ad that offer his system for Free so I could earn money, the only thing was I had to open a GetResponse account and send hime logging in details and ClickBank I.D then HE adds his landing pages and I earn affiliated commision! I'm Still Waiting!! He is building a  list at my expense paying monthly GetResponse fees

Fairly recently I came across a marketer video ad that offer his system for Free so I could earn money, the only thing was I had to open a GetResponse account and send hime logging in details and ClickBank I.D then HE adds his landing pages and I earn affiliated commision! I'm Still Waiting!! He is building a  list at my expense paying monthly GetResponse fees

Yikes!

2nd468.jpg