2 replies to this topic

#1 simplygenius

simplygenius

Solid Ground

• Bronze
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 10:07 PM

I know what am talking about I tried it for 3 years straight and definitely had to kick the habit as advertising with facebook has become extremely toxic to my bank account with dozens of withdrawals and not one single deposit from marketing and marketing on social media with facebook being the worst offender of them all.

Sure, I received thousand of clicks that cost me anywhere from $0.003 per click to $2.50 per click. My greatest peeve was the fact that for some reason it seems that if you are living outside the US it's virtually impossible to optimise your ad to receive USA traffic and if you do it will cost you a very affordable $2.00 per engagement - grrrrrrr8!!!

Another shitty experience goes like this: I optimise my ads for traffic to be generated from USA, UK, Canada and Australia but for some reason by some algorithm your ad is reset to receive traffic from Zarzerbania, African Sahara and the Pigmy Islands in the South Pacific.

So my educated conclusion is that FaceBook is unfriendly to advertisers who are not based in the USA and other so-called "tier 1" countries.

#2 Kevin J Timothy

Kevin J Timothy

Mild

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay, Florida

Posted 14 September 2017 - 09:23 PM

That's okay...just focus on a different form of advertising.  Don't let FB rob you of your joy. 

#3 market101

market101

Hot

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 September 2017 - 07:46 AM

I have had tremendous success with Linkedin.  Why would I want to waste my time with FB?

There are two ways to face the future. One way is
with apprehension; the other is with anticipation  .

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: social media, facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users