Marketing Checkpoint

Facebook For Business Sucks! And It Really Sucks Bad

simplygenius

SimplyGenius makes a valid point.  I have come to the conclusion that Zuckerburgh and his empire only passionately cares about their shareholders.  

I recently learned a valuable lesson when it comes to paid advertising with Facebook. 

I thank God that it only cost me $30 USD.

In early September I launched a page and ran an ad simply for exposure (Likes).  I set the ad to run for 30 days as I was experimenting on a campaign.  I meticulously set up all the proper demographics and had a set amount of countries that I was targeting.  The United States and Canada was not part of this group.  I only chose a $1 daily budget since I was testing.  During the 30 days I was obtaining a fairly good daily average of likes from all over the world.  

At the end of the 30 days I added the US and Canada and removed the original countries that I started with.  I then re-submitted the ad....the VERY same ad and details.  The only thing I changed were the targeted countries.  Within a half hour I get a message stating that the ad was rejected.

My first thought was, "These foul jokers!"  :huh: 

It was okay to submit the ad (prior to taking the money) but the same ad was rejected 30 days later.

I don't have time for the skull duggery going on over at Facebook Business.  I'm just so grateful that there are other methods - many more. 

Unfortunately, many people like to give the impression that social media marketing (particularly Facebook) is the only way to go.  

A complete and utter fallacy. 

PS...

What I find ironic is that to this day they have the gall to send me marketing messages encouraging me to "boost a post" from the SAME page I was trying to promote for likes in the first place.  

In most cases when a same ad is rejected on the second round after it ran once it's not the content of the add or the targeting change it is the content of your group or page no longer meets their standards so they won't send traffic until you figure out what is not in compliance and remove it. It can be a pain but it's usually worth more than a 30 dollar one and done to gain long termleads likes or followers. Where else can you pay as little as 3 cents a lead and have them be targeted interest ads from the geo locations of your choosing. Many marketers funnel these into a list by offering a niche specific free gift and then at least make money selling solo ad runs but more often sales from running the prospect through their marketing funnel.

Andy Zeus Anderson

I'm Writing 10 Bitcoin Blank Checks this month, will you claim one of them? Mailer On Fire Contest!

Get the FREE report that tells the truth of why you are failing to make money online. Click here for your free report now.

• 2 weeks later...

It seems to me that they are cracking down on group ads. Maybe it's just me, but my efforts at group advertising have drawn the "you are spamming" comments from them. To be more specific, I tried posting to the groups I belong to and hadn't gotten far, when I got these bot notices that my posts were being deleted because I was spamming. I stopped after that and haven't been back.

Free Video Chat Service! Get Connected And Stay Connected!

Click Here!

Luckily, there are many other ways of advertising, FB is a waste of time. 

*******************************************************************************************************************************

Conquering Fiverr How to make $33,928 a month freelancing on Fiverr - 100% Money Back Guarantee!

Unleashing Yourself - Develop Discipline, Master Your Habits & Succeed In Any Area of Your Life - 100% Money Back Guarantee!

*******************************************************************************************************************************

The best way is to track the ads and see which sites are doing best, and focus on those.

Without a doubt. The problem is that plenty of sellers just scatter the ads all over the internet and then people lose interest in any type of ad because they see it as a spam.

Conquering Fiverr How to make $33,928 a month freelancing on Fiverr - 100% Money Back Guarantee!

Unleashing Yourself - Develop Discipline, Master Your Habits & Succeed In Any Area of Your Life - 100% Money Back Guarantee!

It seems to me that they are cracking down on group ads. Maybe it's just me, but my efforts at group advertising have drawn the "you are spamming" comments from them. To be more specific, I tried posting to the groups I belong to and hadn't gotten far, when I got these bot notices that my posts were being deleted because I was spamming. I stopped after that and haven't been back.

In order to successfully promote on FB groups you need to have dozens of different ads: splash pages, and change your ad every day.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I wanted to post an update to my comment regarding promoting to facebook groups. It seems they have made a significant change to how this works. If you post to groups, you may get a "you are spamming" message. But, now you can respond in their messages by an entry that says "it isn't spam". Most of the time, there is an immediate response that says (paraphrasing it) "We took a second look and agree it is not spam. Your post was reinstated." I have found this to be an interesting and encouraging development. I have resumed manual promotions (I.E. no software). It is too early to comment on my results.

Free Video Chat Service! Get Connected And Stay Connected!

Click Here!

• 8 months later...