Marketing Checkpoint

Anonymous Owners?

Guest mrclean0325

Guest mrclean0325

What are your feelings about not knowing who is running the program you join?

I just read an FAQ on a new "ad pack" program where the owners are anonymous, on purpose, and plan to remain that way. They do not want their identity known, yet are making some large promises on a "new" type of program. So there is no way to verify if they even know what they are talking about or what experience they have in this type of business.

It gives me a great big pause, but people seem to flock to "ad pack" programs anyway because of the lure of the "easy" cash.

What trust level can you give a company with anonymous owners? To give them sums of your money?

Just curious.....

I've been disappointed by a lot of programs, sometimes by even people I know who have done a terrible job of maintaining or growing their site... Still, I would much less trust a site if I don't know who is behind it. I would surely never promote a site unless it has proven itself for a long time, or I know who is behind it, so they definitely wouldn't get my support in that way. 

If a site is getting a lot of traffic, based on Alexa, or I've tested a small quantity of ads on that site and they worked well, then I'd still spend money with them as long as I'm getting results even if I don't know the owner.

Founder of Marketing Checkpoint

My Blog

One other thing to keep in mind - If the site in question has a free version, try that first and if it performs to your satisfaction, then consider upgrading.

There are two ways to face the future. One way is
with apprehension; the other is with anticipation  .

what if it's a company owned by hundreds or maybe thousands of shareholders are we suppose to have the identity of each and everyone who owns a share?

Ownership is not important management, direction and control is. We need to know who is steering the ship and not who owns it as not all the time owners are managers of various projects they may have a controlling interest in.

Programs fail as a consequence of how they are managed and some programs end up being labeled as scam due to over trading, a business scope is wider than expected along with cash flow problems and sometimes from legal issues.

If they are purposefully anonymous, it would give me a bit of a pause as well. My first question would be: Why are they hiding? Are they known scammers? Or are they new and don't want to be known as a scammer should it fail? I might consider joining, but only as a free member. I would be very reluctant to upgrade unless they had proved themselves reliable.

Free Video Chat Service! Get Connected And Stay Connected!

Click Here!

What are your feelings about not knowing who is running the program you join?

I just read an FAQ on a new "ad pack" program where the owners are anonymous, on purpose, and plan to remain that way. They do not want their identity known, yet are making some large promises on a "new" type of program. So there is no way to verify if they even know what they are talking about or what experience they have in this type of business.

It gives me a great big pause, but people seem to flock to "ad pack" programs anyway because of the lure of the "easy" cash.

What trust level can you give a company with anonymous owners? To give them sums of your money?

Just curious.....

I don't join anonymous programs. Just too risky not knowing who is behind the scenes.

2nd468.jpg

• 1 year later...

well before the gdpr thingy, im concerned knowing the owner of the website if it's a real person, their reputation online and their proven track record of paying members. now with gdpr, it's of little concern to me, as long as the website in concern is not listed on either of the scam directories, it's good for me to promote.

• 2 weeks later...

Since I join most programs free with the option to upgrade it doesn't make me any different if I know or don't know who the owners are.

When I first got started online I only used my username and Avatar and it didn't make any difference to the success that I had online.

I wanted people to judge me by my action and results than how I look or what's my name.

As you see, now, I use my name, Tommie Kirkland (Captkirk), I'm sure that most knew Captkirk but didn't have a clue who this Tommie Kirkland is.  B)  

let's face it internet carries some bit of anonymity on it, taken to some extent place for internet scammers as well, but if you are a site owner for me, place your name and contact info somewhere in the about page so people will know they're dealing with a real live person and not a software.