Photo

What first? Buy hosting or build a website?

blogging site building

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 RayMaynard

RayMaynard

Solid Ground

• Bronze
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 01:20 PM

Hi, 

what should be done first? Building a website or buying a domain? I have already picked my niche and created some content but haven't published anything yet. What do you guys recommend? Is it better to build a website first, then buy a domain or vice versa?

*******************************************************************************************************************************

Conquering Fiverr The Complete Guide to Long Term Profitable Fiverr Business - 100% Money Back Guarantee!

Unleashing Yourself - Develop Discipline, Master Your Habits & Succeed In Any Area of Your Life - 100% Money Back Guarantee!

*******************************************************************************************************************************

#2 Darren Olander

Darren Olander

Hot

• Administrators
  • 541 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 01:40 PM

I guess it is whatever you are comfortable with, I imagine the site would have to be built locally until you can upload it to your web host, I've always just bought the domain/hosting and then started on the site - that way you can test and view everything live.

Founder of Marketing Checkpoint

My Blog

#3 Clare Bowen

Clare Bowen

Medium

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 08 February 2018 - 04:45 AM

I also go with domain first and then build my sites :) Good luck with your new site Ray, great move!  :) 

Join me at our new mailer! We've gone all out for you!

TM-banner468x60.gif

#4 rpsmith

rpsmith

Medium

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 11:58 AM

I approach this a little differently. If the site is a script, the first thing I want to know is what the script requirements are and then I check with my existing host to see if they can meet those requirements. In those cases I don't have a host, I start looking for hosts that meet those requirements. Most of the time, I keep to those hosts that have proven track records of reliability.

Are You Making The Same Costly Mistakes I Did?

Track Your Advertising!

Click Here!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: blogging, site building

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users