Marketing Checkpoint

Do you prefer to promote Free Sites or Paid Only sites?

captkirk

Hi Fellow MC Members and Guests,

Tommie Kirkland (Captkirk) here...

Do you prefer to promote Free sites that have the option to upgrade or Paid only sites?

For me, I prefer to promote free site with the option to upgrade.

Why?

Because you can get more people to try a free site than you can a paid only site.

Now, the site has to really be free and the members can use it as long as they like without upgrading.

If the members feel that they need or want more features and benefits they have the option to upgrade.

I like FREE programs that is a Win, Win and Win for everyone rather they upgrade or not.

Do you prefer to promote Free sites that have the option to upgrade or Paid only sites? - Why?

I always join for free.  If I really like the program I upgrade.

There are two ways to face the future. One way is
with apprehension; the other is with anticipation  .

Though I can appreciate the screening tactics you can use from paid sites, I prefer the free offers. Trials seem to work well, and corporations have been doing this for decades. 

A potential customer does not want to feel cornered into ANY deal. I speak from experience: Google Play, Spotify, Amazon Prime, Netflix, Quickbooks Self-Employed, etc...

I almost ALWAYS wanted to test the aforementioned services before purchasing.

The customer wants the peace of mind knowing that they can "test drive" the new car. I hate to say it but our culture is uncomfortable with commitment. 

Though I can appreciate the screening tactics you can use from paid sites, I prefer the free offers. Trials seem to work well, and corporations have been doing this for decades. 

A potential customer does not want to feel cornered into ANY deal. I speak from experience: Google Play, Spotify, Amazon Prime, Netflix, Quickbooks Self-Employed, etc...

I almost ALWAYS wanted to test the aforementioned services before purchasing.

The customer wants the peace of mind knowing that they can "test drive" the new car. I hate to say it but our culture is uncomfortable with commitment. 

Great point! Free trials are an excellent way to get new customers.

Founder of Marketing Checkpoint

My Blog

• 3 weeks later...

I dislike the trial membership site for only one reason, eventually they try to force you to upgrade to continue using their services. I have seen enough of these sites that offer a trial membership, but it is not really long enough to determine whether it would be worth the money. On the other hand, free sites that offer a upgrade have to likewise prove it would be worth the money. My main issue with the latter is that some sites that have free memberships make it so that you are forced to upgrade to get anywhere.  There are some relaunched sites that started out as I have described. I tried them and ditched them, never to go back.

Free Video Chat Service! Get Connected And Stay Connected!

Click Here!

I use free and paid sites. I always start for free when possible and upgrade later if I like the site.

There are two ways to face the future. One way is
with apprehension; the other is with anticipation  .

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...