Marketing Checkpoint

The NEW MC, what do you think?

Darren Olander

We are happy to announce this new forum style platform for MC... what do you think?

I feel this will allow everyone to follow conversations much easier, and now we are able to offer you some other cool stuff - like banner ads :) 

YES, you still earn points for posting, and those points can be used for mailing!

Founder of Marketing Checkpoint

My Blog

After the feedback we received a few months ago, it simply made sense to change the format. A lot of on-going work to get to this point and some nice improvements in a number of ways.

Plus, the integrated banner advertising, 2X points for frequent posts, and the ability to post events...who wouldn't like that?

Hustle. Do everything in your power to reach beyond your goals.

Looks a lot like any other forum HOWEVER that's not necessarily a bad thing.

The familiar appearance will make it much easier to navigate, I think.

No complaints from me, that's for sure.

Darren, you ROCK! In a time when so many people create something and then just abandon it,

you always work at keeping your properties and creations fresh and relevant.

Two Thumbs Up! :) :)

It looks clean, let's hope we can make it an active forum where we can interact with our colleagues and friends :)

You're invited to my NEW site List Impact.

http://www.listimpact.com/affiliate/banners/468x60b.jpg

Want me to build a profitable advertising site for you? Contact me.
I have a "done-for-you service" for serious marketers (limited).

Thanks for the kind words, all. It took quite a bit longer than we wanted but that's nothing out of the ordinary with programming projections.

It looks clean, let's hope we can make it an active forum where we can interact with our colleagues and friends :)

Absolutely. We'll need your help growing!

Not sure if I like having to make posts to send mailings, but it is a good way to keep the forum active.

Previously MarketingCheckpoint didn't require it for Bronze memberships. We're trying to create a balance of activity in the community along side the advertising. The requirement is rather minimal as we anticipate the engagements in the community will continue to grow, members wanting to voice their experiences and questions.

The difference is Silver and Gold members do not need to post within every 72 hours in order to send a mailing, but if they DO post, they can earn double the points as normally earned. We've structured it this way to help boost the value of participating...even if your account doesn't require it.

...you can always upgrade (under 'Memberships' to eliminate the need to post ;)

Previously MarketingCheckpoint didn't require it for Bronze memberships. We're trying to create a balance of activity in the community along side the advertising. The requirement is rather minimal as we anticipate the engagements in the community will continue to grow, members wanting to voice their experiences and questions.

The difference is Silver and Gold members do not need to post within every 72 hours in order to send a mailing, but if they DO post, they can earn double the points as normally earned. We've structured it this way to help boost the value of participating...even if your account doesn't require it.

...you can always upgrade (under 'Memberships' to eliminate the need to post ;)

I was upgraded until the changes were made, now I am bronze and lost the OTO, its only a dollar more but out of no where this has happened and I consider it an inconvenience to have to deal with any of it.  I'm not against change at all but when I have to deal with things out of my control that cause me problems I have a tendency to just find something else.   I have never been a free member I joined this site the first day it launched and it has been pretty responsive, but do to the resent changes I'm not sure I will stay active.  Sorry for the negativity just letting you know what has happened and how I feel. 

Michael, I've adjusted your account after looking at past history. I'll send you a private message with some information.

As a side note, we're reaching out to all previous upgraded users, we simply hadn't reached you in the list yet. Unfortunately all past upgraded accounts had to be reset due to changing technology/platforms. The benefits? We offer both Paypal and Credit Card options unlike previous where it was just Credit Card payments.

We hope you'll stick around, remain active, and enjoy all the work we did to put together a well-rounded service.

I'm very happy with the changes. I still haven't had a chance to really look thoroughly, but I'm guessing I will probably upgrade again, once I do. I think there were some major issues on the last platform that probably needed to be addressed to ensure the continuous growth of the site & kudos to Matt & Darren for addressing those issues... I deeply respect that decision. Is it an inconvenience? Maybe a little bit... I haven't been so inconvenienced that it's worth holding it over anyones head. Marketing Checkpoint was very responsive before & I'm sure it will continue to be that way. I say thank you :) Paypal - awesome. I think we can see our referrals now, too...am I correct? Are the blogs still around? I really need to take some time to look around :)

Hey!  Much cleaner, site is moving faster.  Great upgrade D!

Faster, indeed. It is a massive improvement and makes it easier for us to manage as well. You should have seen the mess before!

I'm new here but I like it. It's easy to navigate and it has features that other forums don't have. I like how you have combined social media with advertising.

Thanks for the kind words!

I'm very happy with the changes. I still haven't had a chance to really look thoroughly, but I'm guessing I will probably upgrade again, once I do. I think there were some major issues on the last platform that probably needed to be addressed to ensure the continuous growth of the site & kudos to Matt & Darren for addressing those issues... I deeply respect that decision. Is it an inconvenience? Maybe a little bit... I haven't been so inconvenienced that it's worth holding it over anyones head. Marketing Checkpoint was very responsive before & I'm sure it will continue to be that way. I say thank you :) Paypal - awesome. I think we can see our referrals now, too...am I correct? Are the blogs still around? I really need to take some time to look around :)

Hey Maria! You're so kind, thank you. :)

Yes, Paypal and straight Credit Cards now - much better. We removed "blogs" as it was mostly all spam or copy & paste content taken from the web. 9 our ot 10 posts were not at all unique, in addition to many being ful of spam/links. There really wasn't any value.

We may bring blog back in the future but, for now, the discussions are what we want to focus on.

Although I do like the new layout of the forum, I don't like having to post in order to mail.

I think all that's going to do is have people post anything just to get past that barrier, which will just create "noise"

and no real substance.

I understand you want this to be an active forum, however forcing people to post is just a barrier to the mailer.

When you create barriers, most people will just stop using it.

Although I do like the new layout of the forum, I don't like having to post in order to mail.

I think all that's going to do is have people post anything just to get past that barrier, which will just create "noise"

and no real substance.

I understand you want this to be an active forum, however forcing people to post is just a barrier to the mailer.

When you create barriers, most people will just stop using it.

The situation we ran in to the first 6 months of the previous site was the activity shrunk to very, very little except that the mailing portion was the only thin people used. Our goal with the site is specifically to be a combined effort of community/engagement AND mailer, not just a mailer and not just a community. In order to drive home the value and get people to become members of the site they need (and want) to see the value. 

Keep in mind, we may reduce the requirement in the future or extend the time frame for activity in order to send a mailing, but we're giving it a shot for now as is...and so far it's going well. It's important that we carefully monitor the amount of mail being sent as we do not want it to turn in to a mailer but rather a social community with the value add being the mailer. Otherwise, we might as well not even have the site at all.

Does that help?