Marketing Checkpoint

There are a LOT of variables which come in to play. Promoting plain blogs without appealing content and/or a way to captivate the visitor will likely take thousands of visits before you see any kind of results.

Traffic Exchange members typically don't sit on a page for a minute or two reading content. If you can't capture their attention in a handful of seconds, you're likely going to get nothing except a "visitor". And out of those visitors you'll need hundreds before a couple stick around to read what you wrote.

Essentially, promoting a blog in Traffic Exchanges might not be the best route unless you've got a really slick way of catching the attention of those visitors. Simple, lightweight pages (otherwise known as Splash Pages) have always converted the best.

Hustle. Do everything in your power to reach beyond your goals.

Promoting your blog directly would be a complete waste of time....at the very least you need a good squeeze page but even then you would have to spend a lot of time just to get one hit. I would suggest you identify forums which are dedicated to your niche market and join in the discussions. Fashion, jewellery, food etc... sell well on Pinterest where 70% of users are women. pinterest.com is the site.

Best thing to do with promoting any blog in a traffic exchange is to make a squeeze page for it. Then you will potentially gain subscribers and therefore be building a list, of sorts.

A splash page will work fine too (and better than directly promoting the blog), but promoting with a squeeze page would be much better.

• 3 months later...

I have two blogs and they are caspermobileone.com and pontiacman569.wordpress.com. You are telling me that it is best to promote my blog via a squeeze page . I was just wondering why you need to make a squeeze page when you have  a nice user friendly blog like mine , thats very weird to me . Oh well I will try it to see if I get more hits to my squeeze page or my blog. Thanks for the tips until next time Tony Quinn

I have two blogs and they are caspermobileone.com and pontiacman569.wordpress.com. You are telling me that it is best to promote my blog via a squeeze page . I was just wondering why you need to make a squeeze page when you have  a nice user friendly blog like mine , thats very weird to me . Oh well I will try it to see if I get more hits to my squeeze page or my blog. Thanks for the tips until next time Tony Quinn

Like Matt said there are a lot of variables to consider.

But generally people surfing a TE are more interested in getting to the next page than stopping to read a giant article that just appeared on their screen.

IMHO, it's better to use a splash page (or squeeze page) that catches their attention and opens your blog in a new window that they can read later.

• 2 months later...

Hey Tony,

Make your squeeze pages the theme and niche of your blog.

Maybe put a snippet of one of your favorite posts in the squeeze.

The purpose of the squeeze page is to get the surfers interested

in what you have to say,. Include images. Eye candy helps to

entice them to give you their name and email.

Once they are on your list you can notify them of new posts!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...