Marketing Checkpoint

Splash/Capture Page - Tips/Tricks

Matt Koshko

Advertising in ad exchanges can be a royal pain if you're not creative. It's no mystery as to why advertising the main page of a website rarely, if ever, results in a conversion. If that conversion is authentic, consider it a rare result in this market.

Those who've been in this advertising niche will agree creative ads/pages are a necessity. The ads must be simple, direct, short, and engage with a specific call-to-action.

What are the nuggets that have helped you and would be wise to know?

Share your tips/tricks you use within your exchange advertising results.

Hustle. Do everything in your power to reach beyond your goals.

I agree that creative, more unique (splash/capture) pages can be good to promote a site (compared to the general referral link that everyone uses), but sometimes I found that the main page... works best and gives me more conversions than other pages. It's good to test and track your results and always try somehting different to see what works best for your particular site/offer.

For the industry that I'm (and most of you) are in, I prefer to focus on promoting through capture pages, to build my list in the first place and share my experience and tips with others who might be "new". If I can help them avoid some mistakes that I made when I first started out, my day is already good.

It's also not always the most "pretty" page that converts best. A simple, straight to the point message works good for me. I try to tell people exactly what's in it for them. On other occasions I try to get them just curious enough to click or opt-in, giving them a hint.

You're invited to my NEW site List Impact.

http://www.listimpact.com/affiliate/banners/468x60b.jpg

Want me to build a profitable advertising site for you? Contact me.
I have a "done-for-you service" for serious marketers (limited).

Splash/capture pages that don't give any or not much info are a turn off to me, especially if the only info is about how much money you can make. Graphics and videos can capture my eye but you won't get my e-mail without sufficient info about the product or service being sold.

Kindest Regards.

Roosevelt Evans III

Simple Income- Spare Time- Serious Income

http://bewellandprosper.biz

615-481-4729

Just my 2 cents worth in terms of capture pages.

Unless your going to do offline follow-ups, like snail mail or phone calls,

then I think it's best to keep it as simple as possible.

If your posting on a click for credit type site, keep it short...first name and email.

I see so many capture pages requiring first and last name, phone number, city,

state, zip code, etc.

Make it as fast for them to fill out as possible.

No use in gathering useless information anyway, if your not going to use it.

Even Free Members Earn 50% Commissions At The 10k Ad Club!

Click Here To Join The 10k Ad Club For Free!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Branding is so important. I can't tell you how many people have emailed me saying how professional my pic makes me look. It really just a pic from my wedding. It the one I use on everything, but people tend to respond better. They feel more comfortable if they feel your a professional. Putting up a pic in your weekend t-shirt won't do. Try to get a good picture in your Sundays best.

I've split tested the pic here in my profile versus just a head shot and my tuxedo pic won out big time over just a headshot.

Even Free Members Earn Cash at Social Viral Profits and Paranormal Traffic.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest MarketingYouControl

Any recommendations for good splash/capture page designers?

Use the free landing page solution ($1 set up fee) at LandingPageSupport

• 1 year later...

You really have to have a milti pronged approach imho.  A variety of different pages/looks to be able to rotate through as you deem necessary.  You could start off with promoting the basic website page, let that run for a certain length of time before offereing up something new and intriguing next to play off of.  Flashy graphics or some type of auto play with a strong call to action might be a good idea to change it up.  From my experience, the most important technique I believe in is constant change.  Always be presenting something with a different look, a different feel, a different angle or what have you.  Keep your viewer interested and engaged....and on his toes!

All of the above sounds like good advice.   Now, here is another suggestion.  My 20 years of experience in hypnotizing people has taught me that we all need to see and/or hear about a program between 9 and 30 times before it really sinks in.

There are two ways to face the future. One way is
with apprehension; the other is with anticipation  .

Guest Paul Nulty

I think the secret to success and finding (the right) kind of prospects, subscribers or opt ins, is just to be creative, make it your own page and add a video or simple graphic and stand out, be yourself, be authentic and you will attract the right kind of people for your niche.

• 3 weeks later...

I think the real key is don't be in a hurry. If you can earn free exposure (and so can thousands of others), you can't expect a flood of action takers to swamp you with responses right away. Let it run long enough to determine if you really want to keep going, but always keep in mind that your next big hitter could be right around the corner.

What I think is even more important, is don't expect those free credits to do all the work. Get involved in the community and talk to fellow members about what you are doing, then send them to your page. Or better yet, have a link or image sitting somewhere they can get nosey and find it. If your resource does not have a community, find another one!!!

sig.jpg