Marketing Checkpoint

Let's talk about safelist sites!

Heads Up Everyone!  Are you aware of this action?

Hackers are also still innovating. Adam Kujawa, director of malware intelligence at Malwarebytes, said the biggest trend he observed in December was the rise of "crypto-jacking." That's when websites you visit secretly use your computer's processing power to run a program that creates bitcoins.

Lots of ads out there suggesting you join them in this hijacking - make high daily percentates.

Do so at your own risk.

I've noticed these quite a bit too, but only because my Avast Antivirus has been blocking it.

Founder of Marketing Checkpoint

My Blog

I never have a problem on having to wait for my next mailing, there is many other stuff I can work on in the meantime, but I do agree that being forced to read emails before sending a new one, is a drag, specially if Im only getting 5 credits in compensation.

I know that this is a a easy way to indirectly force members to upgrade for more, but if someone would want to upgrade in a site, they would nevertheless.

I have been testing a lot on safelists lately and will choose my best 10 to upgrade on, depending not only on the amount of clicks but mainly on the amount of signups im getting for these safelists. Are they then worth the upgrade, I will then make my boost, without feeling forced to do so :) 

I never have a problem on having to wait for my next mailing, there is many other stuff I can work on in the meantime, but I do agree that being forced to read emails before sending a new one, is a drag, specially if Im only getting 5 credits in compensation.

I know that this is a a easy way to indirectly force members to upgrade for more, but if someone would want to upgrade in a site, they would nevertheless.

I have been testing a lot on safelists lately and will choose my best 10 to upgrade on, depending not only on the amount of clicks but mainly on the amount of signups im getting for these safelists. Are they then worth the upgrade, I will then make my boost, without feeling forced to do so :)

Hi Bruno :-)

I'll just comment here, because I agree with you for the most part.

Members should be free to mail as long as they have credits and they are not required to click on the day. I feel that if a member has earned or purchased their credits, they should not be hampered in using them according to the terms set by their member level (amount of members they can mail, and how often). And I'm also irritated when I come across forced clicks.

However, in my mailer, I have set all free members to need to read 5 emails before posting, on the first 3 days of each month only. This is when upgraded members receive their bonus credits, and the mailer gets really busy. I have no priority set for member level's mail delivery because credits earned or purchased, or received by upgrade hold the same value in my mind.

I admit also, that some members who receive monthly bonus credits at RF, mail with them every month, but had never clicked an email before in my site are now required to read 10 before mailing.

I don't believe any tactic like forced clicks or awarding very low credits for email reading to pressure members to upgrade is a good thing.

• 2 weeks later...

When I have a lot of credits and the site force me to send only 250-500 emails, then I consider that the owner put pressure on me to take an upgrade!

If I have good results with a site I get my upgrade without nobody to force me.

http://www.1001nightsmailer.com - a paid membership site which allows free members too!

http://www.pizzasafelistmailer.com - my first safelist mailer site!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I joined and upgraded Tony's latest mailer around three weeks ago for $99, and the clicks came in high in the beginning (along with a whole whack load of member emails) but since then, the clicks are steadily going down which isn't good.  Also, I think everyone would like to know that they refuse to pay out commissions on any affiliate sales made BEFORE payment details are added....even if they are added correctly after the sale is made, no denero for you!

I joined and upgraded Tony's latest mailer around three weeks ago for $99, and the clicks came in high in the beginning (along with a whole whack load of member emails) but since then, the clicks are steadily going down which isn't good.  Also, I think everyone would like to know that they refuse to pay out commissions on any affiliate sales made BEFORE payment details are added....even if they are added correctly after the sale is made, no denero for you!

There must be a misunderstanding, Tony is an honest man.

http://www.1001nightsmailer.com - a paid membership site which allows free members too!

There must be a misunderstanding, Tony is an honest man.

That is their policy since they partnered with Robert Puddy... just make sure to have your payment details entered and you won't miss the commissions.

the clicks came in high in the beginning (along with a whole whack load of member emails) but since then, the clicks are steadily going down which isn't good.

This is completely normal for new mailers, the clicks start out high and drop off, but if it stays around 3% or higher I still count it as great :)

Founder of Marketing Checkpoint

My Blog

That is their policy since they partnered with Robert Puddy... just make sure to have your payment details entered and you won't miss the commissions.

This is completely normal for new mailers, the clicks start out high and drop off, but if it stays around 3% or higher I still count it as great :)

true, I started a new mailer with 14-16% and after two months it stay 6-7%, and I think it will drop even more

Yes, these would be Robert Puddy's words in the member's area (interesting humor :blink: ).

Please note: to be a registered affiliate for Tezzermail you must fill out your profile completely INCLUDING choosing a payment processor and adding the correct payment email for that processor. Failure to do so will mean no affiliate payments will be added to your account and Tony and I will be taking our wives out to dinner on you.

• 4 weeks later...

My thoughts:

1. I think is getting to a point where everyone is selling traffic to other traffic sellers and it just goes round, and when there is too much of something, there will be too little of something else (there´s a need for balance)

2. Payment processors are creating impact and forcing sites to shut down because of lack of activity of their members on some or owners on others.

3. Most mailers have now "on site" inbox options, where some sites even give you the possibility to stop and/or set bounderies on the amount of emails you wish to receive on your own inbox. (so you this will trigger less emails on your gmail or whichever client you are using.

My thoughts anyway

Safelists have had onsite inboxes for well over a decade at least. And no, that will never happen (lose interest in email advertising). I mean it's 20 yrs old now, safelists are. Or you can call it a "mailer", but mailer means safelist.  Or, call it a viral mailer... although its not even 'viral'. <---There is no difference. But Email is still #1 method.

But... some emails could be getting filtered heavily (and not delivered in part or entirely) as there is a shakeup behind the scenes going on.

PHP Programmer - Internet Marketer - Web Designer - Advertising Network Owner

Celebrating 22 years in business - Since 1998

https://webstars2k.com

I didn't notice a reduction in mails coming from all mailers - some are still very active, but yes, a reduction overall and a reduction in actual safelists. I agree with both Bruno and Maryanne, and with that, I'd say that quite a lot of owners appear to have lost interest in their sites and in maintaining a quality list. Sites like this have very low activity, less reason to send, less reason to click, downward spiral. Too many contact solos or even worse, network solos coming from a credit mailer site also make it seem rather pointless to send from.

I am sure that in all sites are inactive members and we waste credits sending emails.

In one of may site I deleted in one day 30% of list for inactivity for a long time.

Remember what impact it had when Darren clean his sites by dust, number of emails

was increased dramatically.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am sure that in all sites are inactive members and we waste credits sending emails.

In one of may site I deleted in one day 30% of list for inactivity for a long time.

Remember what impact it had when Darren clean his sites by dust, number of emails

was increased dramatically.

I agree with you paulserban. If Maryanne Myers will clean her sites by dust, number of emails will increase.

Are you a member of my sites? I dont see your username anywhere on them.

But.. I don't remove any inactive accounts because some come back, and that is from being online for so long and seeing things through time. Some come back even 2+ years later. How do I know? Because some take the time to open a support ticket telling me they appreciate that their account is still there and everything else is still there. They leave for medical reasons, deaths, to "take a break" or whatever else I have been told. So I have no idea when someone becomes active again, as I'm not psychic on every account. So, it would be a shame if I removed a potential or future active member OR buyer - and therefore removal of a potential new signup for members also - because they were to come back that week for all I know.

So, no, I will never ever remove inactives. Never have and never will.

Are you a member of my sites? I dont see your username anywhere on them.

But.. I don't remove any inactive accounts because some come back, and that is from being online for so long and seeing things through time. Some come back even 2+ years later. How do I know? Because some take the time to open a support ticket telling me they appreciate that their account is still there and everything else is still there. They leave for medical reasons, deaths, to "take a break" or whatever else I have been told. So I have no idea when someone becomes active again, as I'm not psychic on every account. So, it would be a shame if I removed a potential or future active member OR buyer - and therefore removal of a potential new signup for members also - because they were to come back that week for all I know.

So, no, I will never ever remove inactives. Never have and never will.

Hi Maryanne,

That’s nice to hear:

“I will never ever remove inactives. Never have and never will.” :)

nice as in its a good thing or bad thing?

But really, people get sidetracked by other sites, or life events, etc and many become active again so I'm afraid to touch their stuff. Some have alot of credits, or upgraded accounts even. The only ones I have removed lately are highly suspect accounts like fake email or multiples.. or any ..other ..weird.. things.