29 replies to this topic

#21 Garrett Hutsko

Garrett Hutsko

Medium

• Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 11:05 AM

The interesting thing here is that I got a phone call from someone who thought that they ccould boost my SEO standings just by spending money with them. They worked hard and tried to convince me that I needed their help in an area where I have been for some time now. I spend money on the net for various things and have my accounts in various places where my SEO standings are good, they could not understand that and tried to convince me that I would fail with out them. As I learn more about SEO I am learning that my efforts in the generic and simple ways are doing more than spending money with someone like this.

#22 craigbeddow

craigbeddow

Gettin' Comfy

• Bronze
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 08:24 PM

SEO is VERY important.... Because google is the biggest traffic source on the net. And not only the biggest. It is the source of the highest quality traffic. That is because BUYERS go to google and search for what they want to buy. They dont surf random pagese hoping to come across an adword ad about the product they are interested in. You will never get anywhere near the conversions of organic traffic with paid traffic sources.

And it is just as scalable as paid traffic.

You scale SEO by adding more content that targets more related long-tail and LSI keywords...

Almost 60% of my search traffic comes from long tail keywords I didnt even think about until I

saw that these terms have been used by my visitors. By optimizing a site for these keywords

You can boost your ranking for them and get even more visitors via these keywords...

And it is possible to know how much traffic You will be getting. It is pretty well documented how many percent of the users that search click on certain positions in the search. And google itself will tell You how many searches a keyword gets per month. So You can determine how much traffic You will be getting for reaching a certain position in the search results. SEO is not a shot in the dark!

If You dont do blackhat SEO then getting penalized or delisted by algorithm updates is VERY unlikely... That only happens when You dont follow the rules...

And the biggest advantage: It is free. Yes You have to spend some time and money on tools. But You need to do the same keyword research for paid traffic... Or are You blindly guessing what would be a good adword keyword. So paid traffic also takes time and money in addition to the actual PPC cost.

A top listing in google will bring You about 28% of the searches as visitors.... When You target keywords that have 10.000 monthly searches You will get about 2800 visitors.... Just imagine how much 2800 clicks for the same keyword would cost....

So You can run many sites profitable with a SEO strategy that are not profitable when You have to buy the traffic...

I kinda agree. Most people will find what is being sold while doing something else. I just use tags that are common, appropriate to my content and it's leads.

#23 craigbeddow

craigbeddow

Gettin' Comfy

• Bronze
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 08:26 PM

The interesting thing here is that I got a phone call from someone who thought that they ccould boost my SEO standings just by spending money with them. They worked hard and tried to convince me that I needed their help in an area where I have been for some time now. I spend money on the net for various things and have my accounts in various places where my SEO standings are good, they could not understand that and tried to convince me that I would fail with out them. As I learn more about SEO I am learning that my efforts in the generic and simple ways are doing more than spending money with someone like t

Is it not true that if someone clicks on your link, it moves higher on search pages anyway? Possibly start at the top or near and then if people click as it is falling, it may move to the top again.

#24 theFreeGuru

theFreeGuru

Solid Ground

• Bronze
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationYuma Arizona

Posted 08 June 2016 - 04:50 AM

SEO is vital to today's websites despite it's focus change because Google Rankings on popular and long tail search terms are scalable and generate tons of not just traffic but long term traffic and such laser targeted traffic that conversions are far higher than buying hits or surfing exchanges and playing with mailers and safelist. Sorry it's the truth no matter how much you wish to declare SEO dead and a waste of time.

Today's SEO has next to nothing to do with meta tags which are used by smaller meta search engines and more about Semantic Markup to adjust your listing and it's relevance to your desired search terms.

Keyword density is also a low factor as Google and Bing now read whole text and penalize an overly loaded site pushing too hard to sell a keyword. Natural content designed for humans will have car, auto, and automobile used in the content instead of just car,car,car. The first example will outrank the second one in Google listings every time.

Links have always been vital but now the focus on natural links is greater than ever before. Links need to vary in text, they need to be from related content pages, and they need to be visible enough to be sending you organic traffic. No more paid links on any site that will have you. No more posting to a blog on potato salad when you are selling Yogurt Parfait and thinking it will do anything but get you a slaped on penalty from Google, Bing, and Yahoo.

Image and Video Page Semantic Markup are also getting vital. These specialized searches are done by people doing hard research into products and companies and wanting to see and hear more. By being found on the first page of a video search for your product you could see 5 times the conversion from that traffic as you do from your #1 listing on regular search.

I mentioned before the traffic factor. Bulk traffic is dangerous when you don't run small A/B split test on vendors to see who is sending real people and who is showing your webpages to bots or autosurf pages. Traffic needs to have a low bounce score under 30% regardless of volume. Many SEO think if you send a ton of traffic to a page the results are better but the fact is small sites with low traffic are killing them on page ranks because the visitors are staying longer on the site, visiting multiple pages, engaging with multimedia, and most important for you they are converting into leads and sales.

In the end that is what we are after and I would rather convert 20 sales out of 1,000 visitors than 20 sales from 10,000 visitors and enjoy ranking for, "best toilet bowl cleaner 2016" while my competition is looking for a affordable way to rank for, "Toilet Bowl Cleaner". I am positive I can scale up from there by linking more related content that has low hanging fruit keywords like maybe adding a page about "orange scented toilet bowl cleaner drop in" or Lemon self cleaning toilet tank block". It may take more pages but the traffic will be there and it will convert better because the customer already knows exactly what they want they are just searching for a brand or expert that shows them where to get it and who's the best.

Andy Zeus Anderson

AKA: theFreeGuru

theFreeGuru Newsletter

Traffic Power System

#25 binchiu

binchiu

Gettin' Comfy

• Bronze
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 09:21 PM

SEO is good your business but you must more money to got it.

#26 rpsmith

rpsmith

Mild

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 03:43 AM

A couple of things note: Google's new rules have two major "must haves" this time around. It must have videos and must be mobile friendly. I don't know about the rest, but I have had to guess at the rest for some time. As I mentioned in a previous post, they keep changing the rules and negating previous SEO work done. One thing I did learn seems to be the ideas of keyword saturation is now a big no-no. I'm not sure where I read this, but, I think it came from a newsletter I get where they do alot of articles about Google and their latest rampages. Just thought I would share this.

Free Url Protection With The World's Safest Url Shortener!
Click Here!

Get the Latest in Marketing Trends! Free Videos and More!

Click Here!

#27 davidweb09

davidweb09

Solid Ground

• Bronze
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 03 January 2017 - 02:08 AM

Yes, Now days SEO has become basic need for a website ranking & traffic. Social Media is also play an important role in digital marketing.

#28 James

James

Breakin' Ground

• Bronze
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 10:01 AM

LinkCollider is a SEO tool that uses link building and social media sites to help you grow your online business, personal blogs and social media networks by pairing site owners who want to increase website traffic, improve search engine rankings, and get free Facebook likes & shares with users who will genuinely interact with their web platforms. You can use LinkCollider as an SEO tool to increase website traffic and connect with real people from more than 350,000 active users from more than 200 countries.

Edited by Darren Olander, 13 March 2017 - 10:12 AM.
Link Removed

#29 Kamilla66

Kamilla66

Gettin' Comfy

• Bronze
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 06:38 PM

Today, when the focus is on content, there is one more important SEO?

#30 Kamilla66

Kamilla66

Gettin' Comfy

• Bronze
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 06:40 PM

yes

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: seo, search engine optimization, keywords

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users