Marketing Checkpoint

Abandoned Ad Sites

successful1

It seems that a handful of my safelists are being abandoned or not renewed by their respective admins.

Here is a list of some of the latest ones that I've noted:

Recipe Mailer - owned by Katrina Graham (also owner of Sea My Ads)

Residual Traffic Mailer - account has been suspended for a long while

Elite Viral Mailer 

I have tried to contact support for each of these lists but am getting no responses.

Has anyone else noted this for other mailers they've bought from in the past, and to the

reasons to why this happens from time to time?

A lot of these I have paid out good money for lifetime memberships and am feeling

kinda ripped off.

Maybe we should compile a list of mailer owners who do this type of thing, to make sure 

no one else loses money, by paying for ad sites that might be abandoned.

Thoughts?

Guest MarketingYouControl

There is no way to avoid "losing money" - the secret is on what to focus.
They hours per day are limited. I personally think while it is nice to inform people
about scams and rip-offs, but spending too much time with such activities is totally

counterproductive.

Instead moving on to what works and just leave behind what does not work.

The key in my opinion is to track and control the results. A lot of people just have
a vague feeling where they go their sales and signups from. Ultimately you have to
get all people on your own mailing list and you don't have to worry about "shut downs"
at all - because you own your own contacts then.

Guest MarketingYouControl

Most of all - never mail anything out without using tracking links, and I am not talking

about just regular "standard" tracking links. There are some pretty sophisticated scam artists
out there like if you buy solo ads that give you fake "sign ups" and employing other shady
strategies that are easy to be unmasked:

http://www.trackingyoulove.com/protect-against-traffic-scams/

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there!

Is the world so mean and nasty as we all make it out to be or is it just that very few people sing the praises of great sites, the majority just complain about the bad one. I was just thinking aloud (smile).

Have a grand day, John.

I agree completly, there are great site out there that have frown to huge sizes. Free Safe List Mailer for one. I use SL Genie and Referral Frenzy to do mailings and I think that all we need to do is keep on going and build our own list such that we do not have to rely on others.

I have been with Worldprofit for 4 years now and one thing we learn from George is Promote, Promote, Promote, and when all else seems to be failing Promote some more. The work is worth it. I see people downing Worldprofit but having been involved on the internet since it was started back in the days of the PC Junior I have found that World Profit seems to have the correct answer. Those who don't agree seem to want something for nothing. I say to them Promote, Promote, Promote.

We are in the type of industry that sites will come and go so veryoften. It is absolutely frustrating especially when you have spent money in the site and not gotten any returns. However you take the good with the bad and ttry to do our relevant checks and hope for the best. When you find something that works, stick with it and as Garrett says promote, promote and then promote some more.

cheere.