• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Darren Olander

Darren Olander

Hot

• Administrators
  • 445 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 10:42 AM

I'm talking about the exit popups that prompt you if you're sure you want to leave, are one those allowed in most traffic exchanges or banned? I don't use them myself, just wondering what the general consensus is?

Founder of Marketing Checkpoint

My Blog

#2 No Longer Here

No Longer Here

Gettin' Comfy

• Bronze
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 10:47 AM

I find that many lists will allow one, and one only.  I don't mind them so much, as I know it's all part of the game.  What I don't like is lists like GOT Safelist who puts their own exit pop into every single ad.  Even if the advertiser doesn't have one, GOT puts one in anyway.  So not only do I have to click an icon to validate, I also have to click an exit pop.

No longer using Safelists and Traffic Exchanges.

#3 market101

market101

Medium

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 June 2015 - 11:15 AM

I'm with you. I don't like pop-ups at all.  I would love to go directly to the site I am expecting to see.  I do understand that the admin an advertisers want to maximize their ROI.

There are two ways to face the future. One way is
with apprehension; the other is with anticipation  .

#4 Darren Olander

Darren Olander

Hot

• Administrators
  • 445 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 11:16 AM

I find that many lists will allow one, and one only.  I don't mind them so much, as I know it's all part of the game.  What I don't like is lists like GOT Safelist who puts their own exit pop into every single ad.  Even if the advertiser doesn't have one, GOT puts one in anyway.  So not only do I have to click an icon to validate, I also have to click an exit pop.

Thanks... I didn't know GOT Safelist did that :o

Founder of Marketing Checkpoint

My Blog

#5 Robert David Smith

Robert David Smith

Solid Ground

• Bronze
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 03:21 PM

Yes i think one popup is ok if you can click away with just one click.

I have seen popups that take several clicks to remove. :wub:

#6 rpsmith

rpsmith

Mild

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 03:43 PM

I don't really pay that much attention to pop ups, especially the ones on Got safelist. I wasn't really aware that the pop ups I saw there were from admin. But, that explains a few things.

If You Love Pinning, You Are Gonna Love This!

Click Here!

#7 Margot Lawrence

Margot Lawrence

Solid Ground

• Bronze
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 05:11 PM

Exit pop-ups are a mark of desperation - if you can't sell your product/service with your main sales page, either it's a product/service that nobody wants or it's a badly-designed sales page. Ads where the landing page has exit pop-ups are banned on all my TAE sites.

#8 Robert David Smith

Robert David Smith

Solid Ground

• Bronze
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 07:42 PM

Funny though I do not feel desperate.

Then again I do not use them all the time...

It depends if the pop offer compliments first ad.

#9 No Longer Here

No Longer Here

Gettin' Comfy

• Bronze
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 09:18 PM

Exit pop-ups are a mark of desperation - if you can't sell your product/service with your main sales page, either it's a product/service that nobody wants or it's a badly-designed sales page...

I think in the early days of exit pops that may have been true, and likely still true for a small percentage of marketers.  These days they exist because it's "the thing to do", a bit of a fad in my opinion. Everybody is doing them, and so many experienced marketers are preaching them that the newcomers trust that it's a good idea.  Exit pops are also a near-necessity to lead people into upsells.

That being said, I probably will never use them.  If I do, there'd have to be an awfully good reason (and not because the product isn't good ;) )

No longer using Safelists and Traffic Exchanges.

#10 John Bell

John Bell

Solid Ground

• Bronze
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 08:12 AM

I believe they can be effective, probably not as much as they once were, but I think they can be used as like an "OTO" to get someone's attention and create urgency..

As far as Traffic Exchanges.. most I don't think allow them, or will allow one.

On my sites I have them not allowed according to my terms, however I generally will approve them, and only remove them if there is a complaint.. but I mean at my most popular traffic exchange there are generally 3,000-4,000 ads in the system and about 5,000 unique surfers so when someone has an ad that has an exit pop-up, as long as it doesn't happen all the time, it won't reach most people frequently enough to even be an issue - so I let a lot of that stuff slide.

#11 dswival

dswival

Gettin' Comfy

• Bronze
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 01:42 AM

I absolutely cannot stand the exit popup. I do remember them when I see them while surfing and make a note to NOT join that program or get the product. And if a TE I surf has too many of them - I consider 5% of the pages surfed excessive - I no longer use that site.

#12 mrclean0325

mrclean0325

Medium

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationPA, USA

Posted 22 November 2016 - 02:19 AM

I absolutely cannot stand the exit popup. I do remember them when I see them while surfing and make a note to NOT join that program or get the product. And if a TE I surf has too many of them - I consider 5% of the pages surfed excessive - I no longer use that site.

I would have to agree. I mean I saw your ad and now you want to disrupt my surf to have to click your cancel button? It is just as annoying as framebreakers, dead sites, or error pages to me. A traffic site with too many "bad" extras is one I will avoid. If the owner doesn't care about my surfing experience on their site, i will look elsewhere.

"Just because it quacks, don't make it a duck..."

Make Money Playing a Free Game on Your Cell?

TE Downline Builder, TE Training, Advertise 3 of Your Own Programs,

and Other Fun Stuff to Make Money All for FREE!

CLICK HERE!

#13 binchiu

binchiu

Gettin' Comfy

• Bronze
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 06:37 AM

I hate popup, but accept one.

#14 cristinz

cristinz

Gettin' Comfy

• Bronze
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 05:22 AM

I don't like them, but I think the terms for my sites allow a maximum of one. However I was thinking of changing this to not allowing them at all.

#15 dswival

dswival

Gettin' Comfy

• Bronze
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 08:43 PM

I don't like them, but I think the terms for my sites allow a maximum of one. However I was thinking of changing this to not allowing them at all.

Oh please do! 

#16 leiana777

leiana777

Gettin' Comfy

• Bronze
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 02:30 PM

Popups sometimes are really perturbing, especialy those that have sounds or music. :(

#17 Greg Wessels

Greg Wessels

Gettin' Comfy

• Bronze
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 06:23 PM

Popups do serve a purpose when used correctly but have no place in a traffic exchange.

I surf to earn credits so I may show my site(s) and will only stop if something catches my attention

(or frame breakers, whose frequency seems to be increasing of late).  If I didn't stop, I wasn't

interested, and throwing up a popup only wastes both of our time because the likelihood of that

popup's success is extremely low.

#18 yats

yats

Gettin' Comfy

• Bronze
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 11:46 PM

Pop up only for confirmation leaving a site is annoying. I dont mind if it give some info but mostly are not.

#19 Clare Bowen

Clare Bowen

Medium

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 05 December 2016 - 11:47 PM

I hate exit popups in TEs :(

Proud leader of the Team Synergy

banner-1485858209.png

#20 plomma

plomma

Mild

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 01:27 PM

Pop-ups where you have to click several times to get ride of them should be banned in TE`s. Just my opinion...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users