Marketing Checkpoint

Do you send your ads in color?

I wonder how many people take the time to send their ads in color on sites that allow HTML?

Marketing Checkpoint  is very easy. Everything you need is already here.

I always take the few seconds that it takes to send in color and even ad a picture.

There is no doubt that your recipients eyes are drawn more easily to color ads than black & white.

What say you?

http://emotions-are-stronger-than-intellect.blogspot.com

There are two ways to face the future. One way is
with apprehension; the other is with anticipation  .

I take advantage of HTML feature all the time to send my ads if a site has HTML option and allows me to use.

Things to consider when using colors.

1,  Don't use colors that are bad to eyes.

2,  Don't use too many colors.  I prefer using 2 or 3 colors and no more than that.

Also use bold and increase the size of the text.  Look at how others are creating email swipes with HTML and see if that catches your attention.

Then you may add that to your choices for creating an email swipe.

Only con I have heard about HTML is that rate of mails ending up in spam folder may be high.  But I am not sure of it.

• 2 weeks later...

I like to separate the points in an email in different colors. Somewhere I read that all  the links should be blue and in bold for better click through rate.

That's not a bad idea, except for one thing - many sites do not allow links within the 'body' of your adSo, please be careful to follow that rule before you press the send button.

I don't use it much. I prefer basic text, sometimes something in bold.
What is often see is a combination of poor ad copy and too many different colors in one message.
I do think that sometimes it looks good to play with font type, size and color, depends on how it's used.

You're invited to my NEW site List Impact.

http://www.listimpact.com/affiliate/banners/468x60b.jpg

Want me to build a profitable advertising site for you? Contact me.
I have a "done-for-you service" for serious marketers (limited).

I've never used color but I do use bold, italic or underline.

I plan to start using an attention-grabbing image, instead of text.  The reason is I personally tend to actually stop and take notice of an email when it opens to an image.  Most others I simply look for the credit link, since the website will do all the talking anyway. :)

Taking another kick at the can, because I can.

Way to go Joel.  I always insert an image on sites that allow color + an image.  Like you, my eyes are drawn toward the image 1st.  I'm guessing most people are like that.

• 2 weeks later...

I think colors used carefully will generate more return than not using colors. In my working life before retirement I attended seminars on the careful use of what is called white space and grouping of item into groups of 7 or less, along with the impact of images in creating reports. It seems that the better you use these the more it will be read and I think the same holds true to promotions.

These studies were done for the purpose of making reports that would be read and even remembered. Think about it when you read promos the ones you remember best are the ones using the principles proposed in the studies used for these seminars, There are complete studies on the web using these ideas that can be researched on the web, check them out.

I like more to use colors into a HTML message, where it is permitted by the sites. It's more sensitive for the eyes of the reader.

But I respect the rule of 4: no more than 4 colors, no more than 4 fonts (this is a tip from Marlon Sanders). I use 2-4 color and 1-2 fonts, and also the bold or italic.

But it must to respect the color combination, don't make a rainbow from your message.

There are some sites that don't allow the HTML message, but I love them because they are in my top sites which bring me the traffic.

http://www.1001nightsmailer.com - a paid membership site which allows free members too!

http://www.pizzasafelistmailer.com - my first safelist mailer site!

• 1 year later...

Did it today  :D

I think it's good to add color.

http://bestanimations.com/Signs&Shapes/Arrows/animated-blue-arrow-down.gif

Email 1000 Random Members Daily Without Credits

members for free. NO CREDITS REQUIRED. Increase

your reach with credits and hercublurbs.

My #1 Source For Free Advertising On Autopilot

Reliable traffic service online for over 7 years. 2 ways

to start generating traffic on autopilot along with

several FREE marketing and lead generation tools.

I use it right now in one specific ad campaign I am running for Leads Leap--it's strictly on viral mailers, and the email gets updated once a week. I add the newest update highlighted in a "new" color as the first entry, and drop the oldest off, so it's become almost a journal or ediary or something with the newest information at the top and oldest at the bottom.

It's proving to be surprisingly successful at getting signups. Higher than normal CTR, and higher than normal engagement. The numbers edge up a little bit every time I send it, and several downline members have asked me to do more detailed updates and put them in a team blog of some kind LOL. When I find the time I may do that.

For me, bolding and highlighting has proven to be marginally more effective than colored text, but I revisit the colored text once a year or so just to be sure.

Fortune Favors The Bold! http://fortunestraffic.com

Fortunes Traffic--for Zubees, Promos, Fun, and Traffic.

Interested in Hard Rock Gold Mining? Check Out My Other Half's You Tube Channel -- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbcYhenGjigBC5GgEjEANLQ

Guest mrclean0325

One thing I have noticed is people don't pay attention to the font size in their ads or emails. Having a very small font makes it nearly impossible to read on a mobile phone. I have found through some experimentation a Arial size 14 font is the most readable on all devices.

The main problem with using an HTML based ad or email is some email programs won't let any HTML display and only show the text part (our security consciousness about bad HTML in emails and such) or won't let the pix or other stuff through either. The email and ads then look like crap or the most important parts are missing. In these cases, if you have all your info in a nice graphic JPEG and no other text - they see a bank email - DELETE.

The only solution is to make sure the text of the ad copy or email stands on its own in case that is all the customer sees. Many seem to rely on the colors and shaders to do the work on poor copy. I use them too but for emphasis and not the message.

The same happens when you use tracking pixels and the mail program won't let it through. Gives way wrong numbers in your counts. Even if there was a 100% open rate it wouldn't show it.

THEN you have the problems your "security suite" may inject too. Even if you have your email set to show HTML, your security program may still not let it or it won't let it send back the hit data through the firewall. You tend to see marketer start whining about the low open rates all of a sudden right after a security suite updates, email programs have a security update, or the OS does...hmmm.

There is no perfect solution and you just have to keep track of your results to know what works best for you, your ads, and your customers.

• 1 month later...

I have never done a study, but my hypnosis training tells me that images are very important to people.  So, yes I always send in color + a picture or HTML on sites that allow those functions.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have found that on my own sites if I want to promote via a text or traffic link if I make it a single colour (yes I am an Aussie and we spell it that way LOL ) it does stand out from the rest of the links. With these type of ads you can use the font command for colour bold and size. So yes I do believe that colour is worth using.

Now graphics yes absolutely however I am still do not know how too include graphics in a solo to create that impact.

• 4 weeks later...

The one important factor to consider is whether or not the viewers will see the colors. I do use them when I can. I tend to agree with some comments made above that suggest they can be distracting. I have seen some emails that create eye strain just looking at them. When I do use them, I try to use color combinations that are tasteful and less eye straining and use bold and italic letters to draw attention to important points. I avoid wild or garish colors.

Free Video Chat Service! Get Connected And Stay Connected!

Click Here!