Marketing Checkpoint

pdf creation issue

rpsmith

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Has anyone any experience of pdf editors? I have a number of documents which have been created for a course that I lead, but the original docs that were created in MS Word are not available. I need to correct a number of errors in the pdfs without having to type in everything again.

Best regards, John.

I've used PDF escape, it's free..  It doesn't allow you to edit words in the pdf, but you can work around that by whiting words out and then typing in new paragraphs, it depends on how much you need to change.

Founder of Marketing Checkpoint

My Blog

Maybe a partial answer would be to do a cut and past from the PDF in Word and correct during that process then save it back into a new PDF document.

I used to go to a website call TUOWS where you could get all kinds of Shareware and/or Freeware, you might find what you need there.

Another possible answer would be to get the upgraded ADOBE program which then would allow you to edit PDF stuff directly, the problem here being that the upgraded ADOBE is not cheap.

Has anyone any experience of pdf editors? I have a number of documents which have been created for a course that I lead, but the original docs that were created in MS Word are not available. I need to correct a number of errors in the pdfs without having to type in everything again.

Best regards, John.

I might be able to convert them into a doc. format for you, send them to you and if you want you can send them back when you have finished for me to convert to PDF again. 

Maybe a partial answer would be to do a cut and past from the PDF in Word and correct during that process then save it back into a new PDF document.

I used to go to a website call TUOWS where you could get all kinds of Shareware and/or Freeware, you might find what you need there.

Another possible answer would be to get the upgraded ADOBE program which then would allow you to edit PDF stuff directly, the problem here being that the upgraded ADOBE is not cheap.

The C got dropped when I typed this in it should read TUCows. I have been there often and found tools that have solved problems like this so check it out at tucows.com. I just did a quick check and it is still a working site, however you will want to go to The main page does not have a link I could find to take me to the downloads. There you will find a few tools that might do what you need for free.

Strange, but I have just got an email from Avanquest pushing something called "TURBO VIEW & CONVERT" which they claim allows you to open files in 240 formats, edit them and then save them off in a host of formats.

Has anyone had any experience of this?

Best regards, John.

Any file conversion program is great as long as it is lifetime and not yearly subscription. I find that I only get stuck once or twice a year with this issue. I have image to PDF software/freeware and Doc to PDF conversion though there are a lot of image formats. Certainly 2 or 3 less problems per year. I wouldn't doubt their format promise though I only know of an approx. 10 GENERAL formats so they must convert specific software formats too. 

How much do they charge?

• 2 weeks later...

I just did a check and it seems that ms word has the ability to read a PDF file. If it can read a PDF file you should abe able to save a copy of it in any supported MS Word format, this also means that one it has been saved in a different format you should be able to edit it as much as you need. Microsoft has been working hard to work with various formats so maybe this is the answer you need.

Well, I have taken a closer look and it fine, except that I have not found a way to convert PDFs to Word, yet. They also have something called PDF Expert 9. Anyone had any experience of that. They claim you can edit PDFs directly with that.

Best regards and looking forward to hearing from you soon, John. 

I have found programs that will convert. If you need assistance, message, will be happy to keep myself updated.