Marketing Checkpoint

Lifetime Upgrades

one should be looking at Life time upgrades but only on sites where the payment record is impeccable and there are high chances that ownership of Te will not change hands.many times it happens that after selling lifetime upgrades ,the Te owner goes on to sell off his/her site and the new Te owner makes sweeping changes in terms and conditions.

So always tend to go for lifetime upgrades at known /reliable Te owner, obviously if you perceive the deal to be right. 

I also prefer having lifetime membership on sites but only on sites which are perceive to be offering good deal coupled with reliable owners

Thanks for the input John :)

Yeah as a site owner you definitely have to find the right balance for payment options and also get right what the member is actually receiving for their money.

market101 also made a good point though in that you can buy a 'lifetime' deal only for the site to disappear a few weeks later.

I'm not a site owner of course, but as my "current" situation is not where I want it to be I am looking for lifetime offers in sites that I believe in, simply because I don't want monthly expenses.

When it comes to the balance I quoted you on, I think from a business perspective it is important not to be too rewarding, and also not to be rewarding too little to free members.

I think a good site should be decently rewarding for free members with a decent boost for upgraded members, going from a business perspective as you are interested in it might be important not to offer too much there.

When it comes to lifetime upgrades if you wouldn't like to offer them as a standard because it may hurt your success, consider black friday, christmas, any other special holidays (perhaps the date you started your site). This way those members that would never take a monthly (and might not even take yearly) might possibly just strike at that lifetime...

Of course I know very little about running a business, so taking advice from me might ruin you, let's hope that doesn't happend because I don't know which hole to hide in  :D 

Some resources I use can be found over here

• 2 weeks later...

I guess this is a question mostly for site owners...but what's your opinion on Lifetime Upgrades please?

I see quite a few sites offer 'lifetime' deals and they are becoming increasingly popular.

Personally though I can't see how they can work from a business perspective.

I have quite a few loyal members that renew their yearly subscriptions and if they moved to a lifetime deal I would lose that income.

I'm guessing a lifetime offer would sell more but it would have to convert at something like 1 in 4 to replace the income from the yearly / monthly model.

I'm also thinking selling a lot of lifetime deals would hurt CTR and be bad for members.

There would be a lot more mail sent through the site (from the amount of Gold upgraded accounts) and it would reduce the amount of ads that members click on. Unless of course members can keep up with it all.

That's just my opinion though :)

There must be a good reason why owners offer lifetime deal and it would be great to get some feedback!

Actually it would be great to get some input from non site owners as well. I know some people prefer to pay for the smallest upgrade and run some tests before coming back with a bigger investment once the site has been proven to deliver.

Thanks

With rare exceptions, I stopped buying lifetime upgrades. I will take 3 or 6-months upgrades on occasion. Too many safelists are going out of business or being sold to other list owners who in turn are cannibalizing their existing lists. It is pointless to send 5,000 emails to get 1 click-thru. Consequently, I am reducing the number of lists to which I belong, which is currently 200+.

2nd468.jpg

I do not do 'lifetime' with start-ups.  Too risky.  Many do not grow and others go under.  I have done several 'lifetime' with well known admins who have a long history and that has worked out quite well.

There are two ways to face the future. One way is
with apprehension; the other is with anticipation  .

Hi Bruno,

How do your members earn it? :)

Hey! Im starting a contest from 1st of october to 1st of november on this first run to see how it goes.

You can find the link here: http://www.instantcommissionlist.com/minicontest.php

I believe is a plausible way to earn a upgrade. Unlike other sites, I will not force members to join some site in order to get something, but this way, I think we are helping eachother, the more referrals they bring the likely the members are to make a sale and earn commissions, and building their downlines.

And I get to keep the site more active. I will see how it goes :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I agree with Garrett, that safelists are part of a business, not the whole business.

I like Life Time memberships as compared to free member because the more I can mail out the more my ads get seen.

Usually a free member does not get to mail out as often as an upgraded member, plus clicking for credits is so

time consuming and taxing on my data package with my server. And depending on how many mailers you belong to

as a free member, it takes up a lot of time. So yes time is money.

As a Life Time Member, I think it would be important to click for some credits, not because you need them but because

you belong to the site and it keeps the site going.

Since I do not own a Safe List my thoughts are that if a member takes a Life Time membership, they may be more likely to

promote that site to get referrals who most likely will not upgrade to Life because it was to expensive, or maybe not offered at that time

or satisfied to take a lower upgrade to suit their budget.

I do not see Life Time Memberships offered all the time so when they are offered as a OTO once in awhile it isn't all members

who grab it at that time and I would think the owner would enjoy that lump some of money.

Free 'Advertising System' Traffic & Exposure

http://llclick.com/280m4k5s

Where you can get a lifetime upgrade at a good site they are really valuable. But generally I avoid them - especially the ones where the numbers don't add up.

Some questions to consider before taking a lifetime upgrade offer:

If they sell lifetime upgrades, and upgraded members get x thousand credits each month, are there going to be enough free members etc. for the site to deliver that volume of hits or emails each month?

Lifetime upgrades means no more income from the members who take the lifetime offer, so are there enough other paying members to cover the site's costs like hosting, commission payments etc?

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, now we need a list of good sites, offering lifetime memberships then.

I have upgrades in most of the mailiing sites owned by Marty Petrizza, with more of hers on my "wish list" for this year. I've had good residual income from all of them, and you even pick up a bit of cash if you're regularly clicking emails. I still have spending referrals in Email Hog, years after recruiting them, so that's my favourite - people spend money where they're getting value

I prefer the one time upgrades and usually go that way. On some sites that I am not sure about I take a monthly for a month or two to try it out and then either leave the site or get the lifetime. Of course I have been burned a few times with sites closing but that's always a risk. If you do the research on the site first to be sure that it is worth it, the risk is usually worth it.