#41 Bruno Duarte

Bruno Duarte

Mild

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 10 November 2016 - 01:55 PM

Anyone with opinion on the pros and cons on Lifetime vs Recurring?

cheers :)

#42 helpforothers

helpforothers

Gettin' Comfy

• Bronze
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 10:48 PM

I Like The Lifetime Membership Because You Only Pay One Time & Get Monthly Credits & You Can Cashout At A lower Rate.

#43 Phyllis Wolfe

Phyllis Wolfe

Solid Ground

• Bronze
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationManitoba, Canada

Posted 10 January 2017 - 06:14 PM

I agree with Garrett, that safelists are part of a business, not the whole business.

I like Life Time memberships as compared to free member because the more I can mail out the more my ads get seen.

Usually a free member does not get to mail out as often as an upgraded member, plus clicking for credits is so

time consuming and taxing on my data package with my server. And depending on how many mailers you belong to

as a free member, it takes up a lot of time. So yes time is money.

As a Life Time Member, I think it would be important to click for some credits, not because you need them but because

you belong to the site and it keeps the site going.

Since I do not own a Safe List my thoughts are that if a member takes a Life Time membership, they may be more likely to

promote that site to get referrals who most likely will not upgrade to Life because it was to expensive, or maybe not offered at that time

or satisfied to take a lower upgrade to suit their budget.

I do not see Life Time Memberships offered all the time so when they are offered as a OTO once in awhile it isn't all members

who grab it at that time and I would think the owner would enjoy that lump some of money.

### Sell What Everyone Needs TRAFFIC ###

Every Person on the Internet who is doing Business Needs Traffic

which is High Priority for any website, blog, sale.

http://trck.me/412524/

#44 cristinz

cristinz

Gettin' Comfy

• Bronze
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 03:06 AM

Where you can get a lifetime upgrade at a good site they are really valuable. But generally I avoid them - especially the ones where the numbers don't add up.

Some questions to consider before taking a lifetime upgrade offer:

If they sell lifetime upgrades, and upgraded members get x thousand credits each month, are there going to be enough free members etc. for the site to deliver that volume of hits or emails each month?

Lifetime upgrades means no more income from the members who take the lifetime offer, so are there enough other paying members to cover the site's costs like hosting, commission payments etc?

#45 randomcash

randomcash

Gettin' Comfy

• Bronze
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 08:59 PM

Ok, now we need a list of good sites, offering lifetime memberships then.

#46 Clare Bowen

Clare Bowen

Medium

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 08 February 2017 - 01:34 AM

Ok, now we need a list of good sites, offering lifetime memberships then.

I have upgrades in most of the mailiing sites owned by Marty Petrizza, with more of hers on my "wish list" for this year. I've had good residual income from all of them, and you even pick up a bit of cash if you're regularly clicking emails. I still have spending referrals in Email Hog, years after recruiting them, so that's my favourite - people spend money where they're getting value

Proud leader of the Team Synergy

banner-1485858209.png

#47 randomcash

randomcash

Gettin' Comfy

• Bronze
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 08:28 AM

Thanks Clare!

Anyone else as something ?

#48 ajay_dce

ajay_dce

Mild

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Locationindia

Posted 08 February 2017 - 12:52 PM

I have myself purvchased some lifetime upgrades. But after experiencing some TE's going down without info, Te's changing TOS time and again etc. Better stay away from upgrading lifetime

#49 dswival

dswival

Gettin' Comfy

• Bronze
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 11:38 PM

I prefer the one time upgrades and usually go that way. On some sites that I am not sure about I take a monthly for a month or two to try it out and then either leave the site or get the lifetime. Of course I have been burned a few times with sites closing but that's always a risk. If you do the research on the site first to be sure that it is worth it, the risk is usually worth it.

#50 ro3nny

ro3nny

Solid Ground

• Bronze
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 07:03 PM

i like lifetime upgrade,set and forget for promote mysite because no surfing i get credit every month

#51 Allen Tan

Allen Tan

Mild

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 10 February 2017 - 07:12 PM

I will never upgrade to lifetime anymore.. I had upgraded to 8 of them but all the sites had gone.

#52 captkirk

captkirk

Never Give in! and Never Quit!

• Moderators
  • 1,980 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 February 2017 - 12:27 AM

I will never upgrade to lifetime anymore.. I had upgraded to 8 of them but all the sites had gone.

Sorry that you feel that way. I can't count the many sites that I have joined thru the many years that have gone offline without a warning or trace.

But, I don't let that stop me from upgrading to lifetime if it's a great offer.

As they say, you win some and lose some. I also assume that you don't go to Vegas. :)

#53 Allen Tan

Allen Tan

Mild

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 12 February 2017 - 12:12 AM

Sorry that you feel that way. I can't count the many sites that I have joined thru the many years that have gone offline without a warning or trace.

But, I don't let that stop me from upgrading to lifetime if it's a great offer.

As they say, you win some and lose some. I also assume that you don't go to Vegas. :)

You are right  I don't gamble.

#54 Darren Olander

Darren Olander

Hot

• Administrators
  • 453 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 11:25 AM

The safest thing I think, if you don't want to spend money on a lifetime and see the site disappear, is to put the site to a test of time. If the site launched and has been around a year, then you have a decent chance it is sticking around, if it has been around 2 years then even better, if 3 or more years and the site is still active then it is excellent odds and a lifetime is probably wise if they offer it.

Many many sites launch and only after 2 or 3 months their activity is very low, those are many sites that sell lifetimes, so in this case don't get caught up in the hype of the launch unless you think it is worth spending that money to advertise during the hype phase - which just may be worth it if you can get a ROI. You can also use it for free until the site proves itself through time... the good owners will keep advertising their site and bringing in new members.

Founder of Marketing Checkpoint

My Blog

#55 Greg Wessels

Greg Wessels

Gettin' Comfy

• Bronze
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 03:24 PM

The safest thing I think, if you don't want to spend money on a lifetime and see the site disappear, is to put the site to a test of time. If the site launched and has been around a year, then you have a decent chance it is sticking around, if it has been around 2 years then even better, if 3 or more years and the site is still active then it is excellent odds and a lifetime is probably wise if they offer it.

Many many sites launch and only after 2 or 3 months their activity is very low, those are many sites that sell lifetimes, so in this case don't get caught up in the hype of the launch unless you think it is worth spending that money to advertise during the hype phase - which just may be worth it if you can get a ROI. You can also use it for free until the site proves itself through time... the good owners will keep advertising their site and bringing in new members.

I agree with what you stated Darren but there are exceptions when a site seems a good lifetime candidate.

Currently High Hits is running a lifetime, or at least I have been getting emails about it.  This is one I would NOT pick up

because Laura (site owner) has basically given the reins to Louise (partner) who I trust no longer.

When Louise owned Hits Booster Pro, I put in a payment request that went unanswered for many months or possibly a

year or more.  I contacted admin several times via support ticket, site admin contact, and even FB; all without a single

response.  And my request was not an isolated incident.  I have found a few surfers with the same problem and I wasn't

even looking.

In fact, I thought Louise was out of the TE game since she sold HBP and the joint TE she had with Laura.  And now a

couple months after that last site's sale Louise starts to run High Hits while Laura is busy with other projects.  Louise

has proven to me to be unreliable at best.

Btw, both High Hits and Hits Booster Pro have been around for many years so we are not talking newbie owners here.

The KRM sites are also currently running lifetime upgrades if you get the itch.  These sites have survived the test of

time (and PP): Dragon Surf, Tezak Traffic Power, Traffic Splash, and Fast Easy Traffic.  Not sure how long they will

offer them, perhaps just a Valentines Day special.

#56 Clare Bowen

Clare Bowen

Medium

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 16 February 2017 - 06:35 AM

Currently High Hits is running a lifetime, or at least I have been getting emails about it.  This is one I would NOT pick up

because Laura (site owner) has basically given the reins to Louise (partner) who I trust no longer.

And so every day this Louise Venison is pushing pushing pushing the lifetime upgrade, until 2 days ago........... Today, she says High Hits is for sale :huh:  :lol:

Proud leader of the Team Synergy

banner-1485858209.png

#57 ajay_dce

ajay_dce

Mild

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Locationindia

Posted 16 February 2017 - 12:03 PM

current scenario in te industry doesn't warrant going for lifetime upgrades.better play safe with short term upgrades only if you are convinced about te site

#58 Greg Wessels

Greg Wessels

Gettin' Comfy

• Bronze
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 12:58 PM

And so every day this Louise Venison is pushing pushing pushing the lifetime upgrade, until 2 days ago........... Today, she says High Hits is for sale :huh:  :lol:

Louise is totally untrustworthy - sell a bunch of lifetime subscriptions claiming a 'Valentines Day Special' and then sell the site.

But at least if you purchase now, you will save yourself "50 - 70 %".  :lol:

#59 Darren Olander

Darren Olander

Hot

• Administrators
  • 453 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 01:11 PM

Louise is totally untrustworthy - sell a bunch of lifetime subscriptions claiming a 'Valentines Day Special' and then sell the site.

But at least if you purchase now, you will save yourself "50 - 70 %".  :lol:

Yea seems highly unethical to me. That's one way to milk a site...

Founder of Marketing Checkpoint

My Blog

#60 randomcash

randomcash

Gettin' Comfy

• Bronze
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:59 AM

For real?

Geeeeeeee

She planned everything.