Marketing Checkpoint

`twitter` vs. `fb` vs `linkedin`

market101

1.  First, let me say that I realize there are many, many, more social and business sites than the three that I listed.

2.  I picked these three because they have a longish history and are adequate for the real  purpose of this discussion, which is stated in # 3.

3.  Why are people always asking me for my linkedin info, when they already have my fb or twitter info?

I just arbitrarily used  linkedin first. In other words, if we are already connected on one of the above sites, what is the purpose of being connected on all of the sites?  It seems like a huge waste of time.

What am I missing here?

There are two ways to face the future. One way is
with apprehension; the other is with anticipation  .

LinkedIn is more business oriented as opposed to just sending a tweet or update. You can even have a page to write an explanation or showcase your writing. It is meant to help you get a job or clients. Some people just prefer it.

Others prefer Facebook and a Facebook page. So, when you use many social media platforms, it is thought that, this way, you cover all the bases.

Andrea

Thank you all for your comments and insights. I mostly use Twitter and Linkedin for biz.  I use fb for friends and family.  I have received a huge number of people from Linkedin, who have joined my private list and therefore Linkedin is my fav.

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe that most have an obsession with their number of "friends" and "followers." Whether it's just a social resume to them or they want to make sure that they can reach out to you in any way they can.

Hi Kevin,

If they are really my friends, they can email me at my private email address B)

• 2 weeks later...

OK - most of us agree that Linkedin is a worthwhile program for business leads.  Now, back to my original question.  Do you feel that it is necessary to connect with the same people on FB, LInkedin & Twitter?  Are you picking up more leads that way or are you wearing out your welcome?

Well, if people ask, you pretty well have to link with them.  I try to find different people on the different sites myself.

OK - most of us agree that Linkedin is a worthwhile program for business leads.  Now, back to my original question.  Do you feel that it is necessary to connect with the same people on FB, LInkedin & Twitter?  Are you picking up more leads that way or are you wearing out your welcome?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Your missing the difference in quality between the 3 media sites ? LinkedIn is much more up market in the quality of its members overall. Being a pro quack your self I would have thought you already new this ?   So the marketing of your  business might need a different approach in all  3 programs.

To Your Sucess
Steve Man :D

Take your marketing to the next level with Referral Frenzy.

http://tinyurl.com/frenzy8048

• 2 months later...

I would ask you if you had a Twitter account because I prefer to use Twitter instead of the others social media sites.

1.  First, let me say that I realize there are many, many, more social and business sites than the three that I listed.

2.  I picked these three because they have a longish history and are adequate for the real  purpose of this discussion, which is stated in # 3.

3.  Why are people always asking me for my linkedin info, when they already have my fb or twitter info?

I just arbitrarily used  linkedin first. In other words, if we are already connected on one of the above sites, what is the purpose of being connected on all of the sites?  It seems like a huge waste of time.

What am I missing here?

• 2 months later...

Personally I believe these three social platforms have there own general interests..

Twitter - I have always struggled to even get 1 free signup through Twitter, BUT it is a great source if you simply want exposure.

Facebook - With Facebook it comes down to your methods. Free advertising methods such as Pages and Groups are really only productive if you own them. :)

Linkedin - Even though I have been growing my contacts on this site, I am still getting the hang of it. From what I have learnt at this stage it is like a business version of Facebook.. so this would be the best site for online business promotions etc.