Marketing Checkpoint

Work from home jobs that are Scams

mistracy39

I found a job working from home as a Logistic's Manager for a Company that pay's once a month.  After a month of me tracking and shipping packages for them witch was the job description,  I didn't get payed and this happened twice's I was working for two companies at the same time,  Do you know how stupid I felt??

Carter, Tracy D.

Hi Tracy,

Just consider that a valuable lesson.

In the future I would promote what the veterans and top promoter are promoting. If you look around the forum and click on their links you can see what are others are promoting. If you like what you see, you can then research the site to see how long they been online, Testimonials, Contact the owners of the site, and etc...

I don't hesitate to contact the sites if I have questions are to see what kind of response that I get from them.

For me, I consider ALL of my experience Good or Bad as valuable lessons.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest mrclean0325

The way these scams usually work is you are shipping out products bought with a stolen credit card. They use the "logistics managers" address to ship it to, then the "logistics manager" ships the items to a drop address. This way the only address the company who got scammed with a stolen credit card is the "logistics manager". By the time the other address is found out - they are long gone and the person in the middle is charged with fraud and transporting of stolen merchandise. Depending on if there were state lines crossed, it can be very bad.

I would contact the authorities to report it before they come knocking on your door.

My daughter fell for a similar scam from Craig's List for transferring "packages". They would send a huge money order you were supposed to cash and send some of the money on to another address. You kept the remainder for doing the transfer. They sent her a bogus postal money order to around $5K she was to cash. She was to keep $400 and send the rest to an address by Western Union (in Nigeria of course). We took it right to the postmaster when it arrived. Basically the bank would cash it, later find it bogus, and you would owe the money.

I looked into a mystery shopper position one time and had the same thing happen. Got an envelope with a bogus postal money order for $10K with similar instructions. It too went to the post master. All I did was fill out a form on a website that looked "real" to apply for the position.

There are some real work at home jobs out there (mostly customer service and order processing on the phone), you just have to be careful. They will follow the usual process the same with an offline position. You apply, they interview you, and all the rest. You NEVER pay any money for them either. It is an actual job as you will spend your shift on your computer getting the usual breaks and being paid by the hour. They usually have some stringent requirements for equipment, Internet connection, and the area where you will be working in your home.

You can find many companies who do "telecommuting jobs"; from Apple to some local firms. It is no easier than getting the job in person as all the same things still apply. They are looking for someone with education, experience, or proven ability in most cases. There are also agencies for being a virtual assistant. The best way to find a real online job is to go to companies in your field and look at their "careers" section for telecommuting positions.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Would you be interested in taking surveys? There's a lot of legitimate companies out there like: OpinionOutpost.com, QuickSurveys.com, SwagBucks.com

You could use them regularly to make some good money I just don't have the patience for them lol and at least you know you are guranteed to receive the cash your worked for.

Hope you find something!  :D

http://bestanimations.com/Signs&Shapes/Arrows/animated-blue-arrow-down.gif

Email 1000 Random Members Daily Without Credits

members for free. NO CREDITS REQUIRED. Increase

your reach with credits and hercublurbs.

My #1 Source For Free Advertising On Autopilot

Reliable traffic service online for over 7 years. 2 ways

to start generating traffic on autopilot along with

several FREE marketing and lead generation tools.

Would you be interested in taking surveys? There's a lot of legitimate companies out there like: OpinionOutpost.com, QuickSurveys.com, SwagBucks.com

You could use them regularly to make some good money I just don't have the patience for them lol and at least you know you are guranteed to receive the cash your worked for.

Hope you find something!  :D

Thank you. I am doing surveys regularly and make at least $80 everyday from paid surveys only.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I found a job working from home as a Logistic's Manager for a Company that pay's once a month.  After a month of me tracking and shipping packages for them witch was the job description,  I didn't get payed and this happened twice's I was working for two companies at the same time,  Do you know how stupid I felt??

I am sorry this happened to you. The best legit sources for work at home telecommuting jobs is ratracerebellion dot com and the pennyhoarder dot com sometimes and realwaystoearnmoneyonline dot com are the websites I use. (I hope this is okay admin)

I don't know the url for the current one. I sometimes see it on TE's and email lists. You will know it because it say E-MAIL PROCESSORS WANTED.

These email processor sites can be found on the payspree marketplace. Unfortunately, there are some good Opps there that tend to be pushed down by these kind of shady sites, so you never know what you are promoting when using payspree marketplace.

That really is a bummer, unfortunately, its common too. Doing a good background check on the company before applying to a job is almost a must these days.

As far an affiliate, there are many ways to earn online, but all do require some effort in order to make it happen.

Some people move from one to the next and ironically, never moving at all from the same place. So my advice here, would be that, if you find something online that you really see the potential, stick with it and ignore the flashy, shiny opportunities that come knocking so that you can avoid doing the mistake of standing on the starting point all the time, and make the effort instead, there are no shortcuts :)

• 1 month later...

These email processor sites can be found on the payspree marketplace. Unfortunately, there are some good Opps there that tend to be pushed down by these kind of shady sites, so you never know what you are promoting when using payspree marketplace.

Yes traffic exchange owners need to be more active in vetting splash pages being shown on there exchanges.Of course this might hit there profit level.  If there no contact  details then be suspicious.

To Your Sucess
Steve Man :D

Take your marketing to the next level with Referral Frenzy.

http://tinyurl.com/frenzy8048

It is trust and legit survey websites : MintVine , GiftHulk , Creation Rewards , OfferNation , and my favorite Fusioncash .

I am interested, but also a little cautious. Tried a couple of survey sites some time ago and kept finding that I was "ineligible" to take the surveys. Are there restrictions to these?

Free Video Chat Service! Get Connected And Stay Connected!

Click Here!