Photo

What Was Your First MLM / Networking Company?

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 captkirk

captkirk

Never Give in! and Never Quit!

• Moderators
  • 2,189 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 April 2016 - 09:13 AM

Hi Fellow MCP Members,

Tommie Kirkland (Captkirk) here.

I learned everything that I needed to know about Networking and Residual income from AMWAY.

Anyway, What was your first MLM / Networking Company?

#2 Darren Olander

Darren Olander

Hot

• Administrators
  • 484 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 12:41 PM

I think it was called Business Makers or something like that, I forget the name exactly but basically it was a scam that promised a "guaranteed" income, that they would build your business for you. :(

Founder of Marketing Checkpoint

My Blog

#3 captkirk

captkirk

Never Give in! and Never Quit!

• Moderators
  • 2,189 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 April 2016 - 01:15 PM

I think it was called Business Makers or something like that, I forget the name exactly but basically it was a scam that promised a "guaranteed" income, that they would build your business for you. :(

So, your first MLM was a learning experience in what "NOT" to join. 

#4 QueenMaa

QueenMaa

Solid Ground

• Bronze
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 11:23 PM

My first network marketing company was Vemma.

#5 Paul Coonan

Paul Coonan

Breakin' Ground

• Bronze
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 03:49 PM

AllAdvantage, a paid-to-be-inline downloadable ad bar, online. I also learned from Amway before the net.

#6 No Longer Here

No Longer Here

Gettin' Comfy

• Bronze
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 08:49 AM

Amway in 1979.

No longer using Safelists and Traffic Exchanges.

#7 ViralAdStore.com

ViralAdStore.com

Solid Ground

• Bronze
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 03:42 PM

Probably Global Domains International (GDI) and E-Lottery (VWD)

I used to enjoy building both of those online but I found GDI too much hard work for little return and VWD collapsed.

2500 FREE Credits at ViralAdStore.com for Marketing Checkpoint members!

Use Promo Code: marketingcheckpoint in the Members Area > My Account > Promo Codes

#8 market101

market101

Hot

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 April 2016 - 09:47 AM

AMWAY - long before the internet. Great Direct selling company.  Much easier now-a-days - people can order online. Talk about residual income - I still earn money every month from the work I did 20 years ago.

There are two ways to face the future. One way is
with apprehension; the other is with anticipation  .

#9 Bruno Duarte

Bruno Duarte

Mild

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 24 April 2016 - 06:12 AM

Mine way iLiving App. But i never went full force on the mlm industry as pretty quick found what what works best for me.

I dont even know if this opportunity exists anymore..

#10 nyraymac

nyraymac

Breakin' Ground

• Bronze
  • 3 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 26 April 2016 - 12:30 AM

My first was Melaleuca, great company, awesome products, and fantastic support, It was just something of a fad, at least that was how I seen it then. My up-line wen on to become a millionaire and if I am not mistaken is still 

with the company today and in addition authors Several Books on the topic of MLM  His name is Russ Pailey. Although I never stayed long enough to do anything with Melaleuca, I whole heartedly endorse them and still use their all natural products and tea tree oil http://www.melaleuca.com/?mobile=no.

As for me I'm into MLM and recruit on demand http://www.mlmrecruitondemand.com/?id=nyraymac

#11 jonjenkins

jonjenkins

Solid Ground

• Bronze
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationLampeter, UK

Posted 26 April 2016 - 12:37 PM

I think my first one was Herbalife. It was early days in internet terms,
and there was a lot of emphasis on phone recruiting, with 3-way calls etc.
I quite liked some of the products, but don't use them any more.

#12 robertdorsey

robertdorsey

Solid Ground

• Bronze
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 May 2016 - 06:22 PM

Hi there;

Even before Amway I was first introduced to Multi Level Marketing through my dad who brought home two bottles of yellow and green tablets along with a protein shake mix that I would take before heading off to school at the age of 12.

The company was called Nutri-Bio. My dad was signed up as a distributor, but later I wondered why he quit.

I soon figured it out when I would see the same products on the shelf of Safeway grocery stores.

Then along came Amway....

Later

Robert

#13 joyhealey

joyhealey

Breakin' Ground

• Bronze
  • 9 posts
  • LocationHarrow, NW London, UK

Posted 26 May 2016 - 12:15 PM

My VERY first was selling burglar alarms!! How on earth I imagined I could do that I have no idea. I sold one to my poor sister and it broke down the day after the company collapsed. She kept it blinking ominously on the sideboard for many months as a warning !

Since then I have had many "learning experiences", until finally settling on my current company that fixes all the problems I found. 

Looking back over a chequered MLM career, one company I did well with was Dorling Kindersley Family Library (educational books), but then the UK changed the laws on book pricing and everybody was just cutting prices, which destroyed the whole thing. Great shame - but my back was starting to hurt from lugging boxes of books about.

I was most successful with VWD (e-Lottery) a few years ago and my MLM income from that exceeded my job income. Luckily I kept on both and just used my VWD commission to do up the house and help my son start his business - otherwise it would have been a disaster to have lost that income.

I tried several nutritional MLMs but my team and I usually quit because we weren't able to meet the auto-ship requirements working on a part-time basis.

I did Kleeneze too (way back when) and the whole family used to help deliver catalogues (pre-Internet) often hanging them on the washing line to dry when people left them out in the rain!

Lots of laughs and a few tears along the way - but many friends made and lessons learned!

Looking for a part-time (or full-time) online business?

To learn how I can help you save time, money and stress, visit my blog at: JoyHealey.com

#14 bbking

bbking

Breakin' Ground

• Bronze
  • 8 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 June 2016 - 03:50 PM

My very first MLM was Shaklee, followed by Amway, followed by Avon, followed by Watkins, back to Amway, then SFI, then GDI, back to SFI and now a permanent resident of GDI  ( I think I hated working for other people....lol )

#15 mrclean0325

mrclean0325

Medium

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • LocationPA, USA

Posted 06 June 2016 - 01:18 AM

Mine was a company called "Mix-i-Go" (I think that is how they spelled it), a fuel additive to get better MPG and clean the fuel system way back in the late 70s. It was right at the end of the first "fuel crisis". I am not sure if they still exist or not. Back then I had hair and my hairdressers boyfriend was in it and go me into it. Those were the days... :P

"Just because it quacks, don't make it a duck..."

Discover over 100 sites to make a bit of cash...

CLICK HERE TO CHECK IT OUT!

#16 lpnva

lpnva

Breakin' Ground

• Bronze
  • 8 posts
  • LocationRoanoke,Va. U.S.A.

Posted 01 July 2016 - 06:34 PM

Amway many many years ago!

#17 redhat39

redhat39

Solid Ground

• Bronze
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 05:44 PM

My first one was Global Domains International (GDI), never made a dime with it. Tried numerous team builds and ad co-op schemes but none of them ever produced any results.

The MLM that I have had the most success with is Pureleverage. I guess because they offer services people actually need and will use.

I'm currently trying out GotBackup which has a mass appeal but may be in too competitive a market. Time will tell I suppose.

#18 maria20

maria20

• Bronze
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 03:28 AM

Amway is the my first MLM company, long years ago. Due to huge scam, I've left from there. Nowadays, we can see lots of multi level marketing companies in online. But, we can't easily guess which one will be genuine for customers. 

#19 robertdorsey

robertdorsey

Solid Ground

• Bronze
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 July 2016 - 11:50 PM

When I was in my teens, I remember walking my neighborhood carrying my little tray of demonstration products with Amway. Sold a lot of product, but sucked at getting anyone to join me in the business.

Later

Robert

#20 incomeskills

incomeskills

Gettin' Comfy

• Bronze
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationBoulder, CO

Posted 18 July 2016 - 11:03 PM

Global Domains International in 2006. Not a huge fan of MLM!
NEVER Get Ripped-Off Buying Solo Ads Again!<p> Go to... qualitysoloads.weebly.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users