Marketing Checkpoint

Facebook Pages? You can get banned pretty easily...

Darren Olander

I was watching a facebook page that was very active with about 500k fans.. they grew to that size and activity by uploading videos (not aware of the copyright owners). The page got deleted this week by facebook because of copyright infringement. 

While it may be a fast way to grow your page by uploading viral content that you yourself don't own the rights to.. it is extremely risky and seems that it will eventually catch up with you.. no matter how big your page has grown. Just a warning for the wise.. man would it suck to lose a huge page that you sunk many hours into growing! 

After some research it seems this is a pretty common thing to happen to facebook pages.

Good luck out there...

Founder of Marketing Checkpoint

My Blog

Thanks for the heads up!  I guess the lure of more and more fans was too great for them :)

Btw really appreciate your "Muter" firefox tip from the other day.  I like to keep lots of tabs open and now I can do so without fear of constantly getting startled lol.

Thanks for the heads up!  I guess the lure of more and more fans was too great for them :)

Btw really appreciate your "Muter" firefox tip from the other day.  I like to keep lots of tabs open and now I can do so without fear of constantly getting startled lol.

Awesome, I'm glad it helped!

Founder of Marketing Checkpoint

My Blog

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mrclean0325

Copyright infringement is a HUGE lawsuit type of business. I know Getty Images has a team who does nothing but scan the web for people using their images without a license and then suing them for a lot of money. Even using supposed "PLR" images or others that are no-license doesn't always mean they are not questionable. I often wonder about people who use various images that I know are a licensed image like Marilyn Monroe, Scoobie Do, Spiderman, and many others - actually are paying for a license or are just hoping they don't get caught.

I personally know a few people who got a several hundred thousand dollar lawsuit filed against them for copyright infringement - they all lost. They "borrowed" the images and didn't think anyone would mind. Google has also had to take down a lot of videos for the same reason. People posting movies, TV shows, music videos, or other works they had no right to post. Serious stuff you shouldn't take for granted...