Marketing Checkpoint

What's Your Best 1 Up Or 2 Up Program?

captkirk

Hi Fellow MCP Members,

What's Your Best 1 Up Or 2 Up Program? The type of programs where you pass up your 1 or 2 sales to your upline to be fully qualified and then you receive the rest of the sales from your downline to infinity.

Guest mrclean0325

Personally I wouldn't ever touch one of those. Most people who sign up will just get a single sale and passing it up means they made nothing for all their hard work. For them it is very discouraging when they realize the work involved and have nothing to show for it. Yes, they should realize they will make more after that; but, people will be people. Sure, it is nice if you are the upline, but doesn't bode well to build a team in most cases.

Personally I wouldn't ever touch one of those. Most people who sign up will just get a single sale and passing it up means they made nothing for all their hard work. For them it is very discouraging when they realize the work involved and have nothing to show for it. Yes, they should realize they will make more after that; but, people will be people. Sure, it is nice if you are the upline, but doesn't bode well to build a team in most cases.

Which ones are you talking about that don't pay you for your first sale?

My preference are the "Reverse 1 Up" or "Reverse 2 Up" programs, where you get paid first, before you do any pass ups.  

My personal favorite is National Wealth Center.  

Not going to post any links, since I assumed you just wanted to know what our favorite programs are.  If you do want the link, let me know.

My preference are the "Reverse 1 Up" or "Reverse 2 Up" programs, where you get paid first, before you do any pass ups.  

My personal favorite is National Wealth Center.  

Not going to post any links, since I assumed you just wanted to know what our favorite programs are.  If you do want the link, let me know.

Hi Kurt,

Post the link. :)

Guest mrclean0325

I have seen a few over the years where the first sale goes to your upline. Sometimes it is the second sale. I can't remember the names right off the top of my head (I am OLD and have no hair - get over it!) but I remember looking at one similar not that long ago.

Then there are the "odd/even" ones where you alternate who gets the commission. To me, if I am the one doing the work - I want it ALL. I don't mind someone making something for my efforts as long as I don't lose anything in the process. I just don't see the sense in giving away ANY of my income. Does that sound greedy? No , just practical. Been in way too many that just "went away" because they were not sound plans in the first place and the "greedy" factor took over my better sense from the large numbers on the pay plan.

No matter what the pay plan is - it won't work unless others can EASILY duplicate the effort to make the sales. No sales=No money. From hard personal experience, if it is something I can't make money all by myself (the downline should be "gravy" money) it is not worth the effort. Money can be replaced, TIME cannot. When you are younger, so what if you lose 6 months or so screwing around with something. When you get old, time takes on a bit different meaning. There is none to waste....before you know it you are a lot older and sometimes not much wiser! ;)

I think the point is that if you're only relying on your own efforts, your returns are always going to be limited, so whenever possible you want to 'viralize' you traffic and your income.

In theory, programs where your referrals pass up more referrals to you, who in turn pass up more referrals ad infinitum, fulfil this requirement beautifully, and mean the program can keep generating you an 'automated' income long after you've turned your efforts to something else.

In practice, however, I've found that most of my referrals in ANY program won't bring in (m)any referrals of their own.

So in a sense, I can see where you're coming from in preferring to rely on your own efforts. That said, if you're going to work hard at promoting anyway and intend to bring in a lot of referrals, what's to lose by passing up one or two of them? After all, if only one or two of the others work even half as hard as you, you'll quickly get more passed up in turn...

The Prosperity Marketing System passes up the 2nd and 4th sale. Personally I think it is an important thing to create leverage, otherwise you have no way to let your downline make sales for you. Passing up a couple customers in order to get many more back in return from your downlines is more than worth it in my opinion.

Founder of Marketing Checkpoint

My Blog

The Prosperity Marketing System passes up the 2nd and 4th sale. Personally I think it is an important thing to create leverage, otherwise you have no way to let your downline make sales for you. Passing up a couple customers in order to get many more back in return from your downlines is more than worth it in my opinion.

Hi Darren,

Post your link to Prosperity Marketing System so that we can check it out.

Marvin Williams is your sponsor. You can see his details under "Member Home" menu and then "Your Sponsor".

Thanks Darren. I have been a member for years, I never knew that Prosperity Marketing System was a reverse program. It was among the programs listed in the downline builder. Now I know and have upgraded!

Now, let me see what the program is all about... LOL

I joined All In One Profits a little over a year ago and started passing every other referral up to my sponsor, but it didn't take me long to figure out that was not working for me (and probably not for my sponsor either, because he finally quit when I stopped passing up) I should have known, that no matter how many referrals I get, most of them will never get any. That results in most of them (even the passed up ones) quitting when they fail to make any money.

The solution was simple, I no longer promote my own referral link, so I NEVER pass anyone up. Instead I promote my referrals links in a rotator and pass them DOWN. Since we get 100% commissions, the first one I pass down to someone starts making them money and they no longer quit by the bucket loads. Then the next referral I get for them gets passed up to me, so my income keeps growing. When they see it works, a few will get excited and apply the same strategy with my help, which insures my income will continue.

No it's not a path to riches, but I use the services anyway, so why not make a few hundred bucks. It also makes better friends when I help them make money and they are more likely to help me back. That's the kind of list the money is in.

If you were going to help someone get referrals, would you rather it be someone who is brand new and still wondering if they made a mistake by joining, or someone who is already MAKING MONEY and eager to make more?

sig.jpg

I joined All In One Profits a little over a year ago and started passing every other referral up to my sponsor, but it didn't take me long to figure out that was not working for me (and probably not for my sponsor either, because he finally quit when I stopped passing up) I should have known, that no matter how many referrals I get, most of them will never get any. That results in most of them (even the passed up ones) quitting when they fail to make any money.

The solution was simple, I no longer promote my own referral link, so I NEVER pass anyone up. Instead I promote my referrals links in a rotator and pass them DOWN. Since we get 100% commissions, the first one I pass down to someone starts making them money and they no longer quit by the bucket loads. Then the next referral I get for them gets passed up to me, so my income keeps growing. When they see it works, a few will get excited and apply the same strategy with my help, which insures my income will continue.

No it's not a path to riches, but I use the services anyway, so why not make a few hundred bucks. It also makes better friends when I help them make money and they are more likely to help me back. That's the kind of list the money is in.

If you were going to help someone get referrals, would you rather it be someone who is brand new and still wondering if they made a mistake by joining, or someone who is already MAKING MONEY and eager to make more?

I was a member of All In One Profits. But I didn't do anything with the program because I couldn't get over the idea of giving my sales away.

The membership price is great and the tools are value to the marketers....

If it was a 1 Up or 2 UP program I would be promoting it. :)