Marketing Checkpoint

Someone told me about THWGlobal and I have opened an account there, however I think that this might fall into the category of "to good to be true. They promise $25 p/hour and this is where I feel that it falls into the category of "to good to be true.

I know that in marketing on the internet it takes effort and lots of promos. In order to make money you need people to follow you into whatever program you are in. Here they promise $25 p/hour without the effort that other online programs require. Also at the start all your given is 3 Aff links, no promo materials, none of the materials I have grown used to finding when I enter a program, suspecious.

If you have information, etc in this program share it here and I will share my experiences here. Lets see if this is legit or not. Any comments welcome.

Garrett

There aren't many details being given yet about things like minimum payout, etc. Supposedly as it's still in prelaunch. I know several people (myself included) who have joined because it's free, just on the off-chance that it might be legit, but I'm not promoting it until I see how it pans out...

The general consensus is that it seems Too Good To Be True.

They went from pre-launch to soft-launch (whatever that means) on July 4th.  I have my free membership locked in and will be watching from the sidelines to see if something actually comes from these guys.  Last time I checked, the Alexa rank was pretty good but a lot of the traffic was coming from Russia. Hmmmm...

There aren't many details being given yet about things like minimum payout, etc. Supposedly as it's still in prelaunch. I know several people (myself included) who have joined because it's free, just on the off-chance that it might be legit, but I'm not promoting it until I see how it pans out...

The general consensus is that it seems Too Good To Be True.

I'm with you on the sidelines, I find this all ???????

They went from pre-launch to soft-launch (whatever that means) on July 4th.  I have my free membership locked in and will be watching from the sidelines to see if something actually comes from these guys.  Last time I checked, the Alexa rank was pretty good but a lot of the traffic was coming from Russia. Hmmmm...

Russia does make it very questionable.

Guest mrclean0325

From what I have read on the site, and understand, they will not even start or "launch" doing anything until they reach 5 million signups. They do show this on the main page. Since they are not even at a million yet, it may be a while. I too joined to see what happens. They will not let anyone go over 10 hours of viewing at "up to $25" an hour per week. So it may be you get the same as watching a video on a PTC, $0.01. There is also a binary compensation plan in place where it seems everyone who signs up after you is in one leg.

It may end up like so many others and produce nothing. It may be the greatest thing since sliced bread. Who knows at this point. the site is very sparse on any real information.

Hello folks!

Let's be honest, you can't take any site serious if they have no legitimate address or do not respond to any emails no matter if they are in the EU, UK, US or on the moon. This one looks like an email fishing system ...

They were making some money from founding members by all looks of it.

My sponsor is getting nicely formated notices from them - he passes them on to me .... sounds a bit strange if you ask me!

Franto Hruz in Toronto

-- == Join me at the Viral Marketing Centre for some advanced strategies and mutual support == --

Skype - franto.hruz / Twitter - @f_hruz 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello folks!

Let's be honest, you can't take any site serious if they have no legitimate address or do not respond to any emails no matter if they are in the EU, UK, US or on the moon. This one looks like an email fishing system ...

They were making some money from founding members by all looks of it.

My sponsor is getting nicely formated notices from them - he passes them on to me .... sounds a bit strange if you ask me!

I haven't spent any money here yet and don't plan on doing so. I will look at the videos when I have the time but all that they are doing so far is very questionable.

Guest mrclean0325

An update on this...

They have started to beta test the site and it is working for seeing videos. For those who have joined, it is in the backoffice under your messages. I am a bit impressed so far. The amount of content is pretty impressive. The site does look a lot like YouTube, but the videos are HD and play pretty well. So there has been some serious work done and some money put into it.

Though even if it does start and does pay, it may still end up like Get Paid Social, Tsu, and so many others. A great idea that started out with big promises and ideals and just didn't pan out. Only time will tell...

An update on this...

They have started to beta test the site and it is working for seeing videos. For those who have joined, it is in the backoffice under your messages. I am a bit impressed so far. The amount of content is pretty impressive. The site does look a lot like YouTube, but the videos are HD and play pretty well. So there has been some serious work done and some money put into it.

Though even if it does start and does pay, it may still end up like Get Paid Social, Tsu, and so many others. A great idea that started out with big promises and ideals and just didn't pan out. Only time will tell...

An update on this...

I took a look at the videos and for the most part they look good. I have watched quite a few of them. Here is the warning I followed one of the links and found myself at a site where they pulled a scam on me. I experienced this link in the past and got in touch with the Geek Squad since I have an account with them and all it took was for them to find the link and remove it. If you are not careful with this link it could cost you big bucks. This is just a warning to beware.

Garrett

• 3 weeks later...

I was in it for about a week. All I got from it was watch some videos in different catagories. The only contact that could be made was through my referrer, and that was one-way him sending me emails to watch videos, then at the start of week two thwglobal started sending me emails saying if I didnt start using my account they would drop me so I did them a favor and unsubscribed.

I joined, as it will provide some really valuable data for my information pile. When it went into Beta testing, I started watching videos--about 20 minutes (or 10 videos) a day. This means, at the average video length, we'll be watching 300 videos in 10 hours, and getting paid 25.00. So, let's "go to the whiteboard" and check some math here:

On Clixsense in the Websites explorer section, you are watching, on average, 2.5 minutes of video for 1 cent. If you get a slide show, it averages just under 3 minutes for 2 cents (10 slides on Hypermax offers), and 1 cent for 5 slides, which can range from 1 minute to 2 minutes. So, 30 cents/hour on a good day= 3.00 for 10 hours.

Lately, there have also been large numbers of 1/2 cent ads on Clixsense featuring XOXOLY videos. These ads pay you 6.00 for 10 hours, at Clixsense rates. I mention them specifically, as They represent what I *think* thwglobal is going to be doing.

When XOXOLY videos first started showing up 3+ months ago, the XOXOLY site was basically new and "naked"--only the videos, Facebook comments, and an ad or two. Then, over time, the site filled up with ads of 3 types--the "in video" ads, the banners on the sides served by known ad serving companies, and "other", unidentified, ads. 

So it would seem that this new website decided to jump start their online presence by spending a very large chunk of change on Clixsense ads. These produced a large amount of 24/7 traffic, plus a lot of buzz. They then used that buzz and the numbers to establish accounts with ad serving companies to get the "best rates" (those companies pay different rates based on several factors--total raw visitor count, site stickiness, and full engagement for starters). By getting their accounts AFTER they had established traffic, they will get paid more money than they would have otherwise.

At that point, they were also able to show prospective clients they had traffic to sell their own ad space also, or arbitrage ad space. XOXOLY has almost no written content, and all their videos, plus about 1/2 their ads, come from other sources. But they are making enough profit that they can afford to use Clixsense as a major traffic/advertising driver. Even at the bulk rates they likely negotiated with CS, it's still far from small change.

In the traditional advertising world, the rule of 5 applies--an ad is a success if you can show 5x the ad cost in profits on paper. So if you buy a 100.00 ad in a magazine, the ad is a success and worth continuing if you make 500.00 in NET profit (not gross). On line the math is tougher, for a huge pile of reasons--but there is also more leeway, so to speak. Online, an ad that gets you 0 sales but 50 signups to your ezine can return thousands over time. On the other hand, a totally free ad on a good site make make you hundreds. 

This company can make money at least a half dozen ways--they can:

1. get paid by Vimeo, Wotchit etc. for propagating videos.

2. They can negotiate a share of embedded video advertising revenue.

3.They can also be a broker and sell that embedded ad space for affiliate fees.

4. They can direct sell views of videos.

5. they can direct sell likes and comments of videos.

6. they can get paid for hosting banners etc. in the remaining page space.

7. They can direct sell the remaining page space.

And that is just the beginning. Can they afford to pay 25.00/hour? Believe it or not, it's entirely possible--IF they get enough tier 1 users, IF they get enough quality comments that "count" for traffic, IF some of the advertisers with banners/buttons get sales or visitors from those banners, IF they add other engagement options. 

Do I think they can do it, even with all the above factors? Not right out the door. BUT, they are also now offering a wildly overpriced "business" package of some sort, around 4 figures, supposedly "discounted" during "soft launch". And we have no idea at all how much startup capital is involved (if any), what kind of deals are already in place (if any).

I'm enjoying the quality of the videos, speed of the site, and the relaxation time while gathering data. If they pay me, cool beans LOL. If they don't, nothing lost. But it isn't a program I would ever promote actively anyway.

Fortune Favors The Bold! http://fortunestraffic.com

Fortunes Traffic--for Zubees, Promos, Fun, and Traffic.

Interested in Hard Rock Gold Mining? Check Out My Other Half's You Tube Channel -- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbcYhenGjigBC5GgEjEANLQ

Guest mrclean0325

Very nice and well thought out report! I was just doing similar myself. The HUGE problem is the "UP TO" $25. This can mean anywhere from almost nothing to $25 dollars. So even if they COULD pay you $25, will they? I have been timing the amount of time to actually have the 10 hours of time spend watching the videos. The back office logs every video and you can see the cumulative time. The problem is they do not credit the time watching the mandatory pre-video commercials. Since all of the all of the videos are usually very short, my actual time spent clicking, watching the commercials, watching the video is going to be a lot more than the "10 hours". Since they say they will pay for commenting, liking, and sharing too... this will increase the time spent to get the 10 hours of actual video watching time.

Even if it took 20 hours of actual time to watch the 10 hours of video, at the $25 it still wouldn't be bad. Still about $10 per hour. If each video has a different payout (like I am afraid it will be) this may be what the "up to" will be about. So the same time spent with different video paying differently may produce a lesser amount. Since you are limited to the 10 hours per week, it may end up more than 20 hours since you will have to increase your liking, commenting , and sharing to increase the money.

Another is when they will payout. The other advertising type sites I have that do revue sharing of some type take up to 60 days to get paid. So until they actually show what is the real plan...it is all conjecture. It would be nice if it did work as we think it will. Until everything is confirmed, I can't justify spending a lot of time I could be doing other thing that DO make me a bit of money.

Very nice and well thought out report! I was just doing similar myself. The HUGE problem is the "UP TO" $25. This can mean anywhere from almost nothing to $25 dollars. So even if they COULD pay you $25, will they? I have been timing the amount of time to actually have the 10 hours of time spend watching the videos. The back office logs every video and you can see the cumulative time. The problem is they do not credit the time watching the mandatory pre-video commercials. Since all of the all of the videos are usually very short, my actual time spent clicking, watching the commercials, watching the video is going to be a lot more than the "10 hours". Since they say they will pay for commenting, liking, and sharing too... this will increase the time spent to get the 10 hours of actual video watching time.

Even if it took 20 hours of actual time to watch the 10 hours of video, at the $25 it still wouldn't be bad. Still about $10 per hour. If each video has a different payout (like I am afraid it will be) this may be what the "up to" will be about. So the same time spent with different video paying differently may produce a lesser amount. Since you are limited to the 10 hours per week, it may end up more than 20 hours since you will have to increase your liking, commenting , and sharing to increase the money.

Another is when they will payout. The other advertising type sites I have that do revue sharing of some type take up to 60 days to get paid. So until they actually show what is the real plan...it is all conjecture. It would be nice if it did work as we think it will. Until everything is confirmed, I can't justify spending a lot of time I could be doing other thing that DO make me a bit of money.

believe me, when they go live I will be tracking the time carefully as part of my data collection, just as I do at any site new or old--and if they don't pan out as a direct income source, then I will, in all likelihood, be dropping them.

But-- All websites aren't necessarily "direct" income producers, but can produce income none the less. In the case of You Tube, Vimeo, Uvioo, and now this one, there's a wealth of data to be collected, archived, and analysed, and a world of people who will pay for the information.

For instance, I have been getting paid since 2014 for tracking the propagation of Memes--specifically pet related memes--by one group of enterprising cultural anthropologists at a big university getting a grant from our dear Feral gov't. I have been keeping the data and running semantic analysis on it and breaking it down in hundreds of different ways for my own records, as a "hobby"--and have already sold piles of data for piles of money to three or four sociologists, a few psychologists, and a rival group of cultural anthropologists as well. Which means that every minute I spend lurking on Reddit, or posting on Reddit, or lurking on 4chan or 8chan or FB or Twitter makes me money....

The single most valuable commodity in the universe is information.

Writing is a good income, affiliate programs and direct sales can be good income. But year in and year out, the best income is found in information. And since every single website offers information of one kind or another, EVERYTHING can translate into money, sooner or later--even scam programs and memes ;-)

Interested in Hard Rock Gold Mining? Check Out My Other Half's You Tube Channel -- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbcYhenGjigBC5GgEjEANLQ

Guest mrclean0325

Information is valuable, but like everything else...it is subject to what people feel it is worth. Yes writing can be a very lucrative income source, IF you are good and can find the right buyers. It definitely won't be through any of the "freelancing" sites though. I have made money using them, but it became less worth the hassle and time consumed as people seem to want more and more for less and less. I have turned down more people and let them keep the content to not have to do keep spending time dealing with them. Life is too short. I do it because I enjoy it and can make a buck or two from it. When it becomes a chore you lose your inspiration and it becomes a J.O.B. I do sometimes go back to some of my favorite freelancing sites to "get my feet wet" again though. I like the challenge, sometimes, of the project they have.

Information is valuable, but like everything else...it is subject to what people feel it is worth. Yes writing can be a very lucrative income source, IF you are good and can find the right buyers. It definitely won't be through any of the "freelancing" sites though. I have made money using them, but it became less worth the hassle and time consumed as people seem to want more and more for less and less. I have turned down more people and let them keep the content to not have to do keep spending time dealing with them. Life is too short. I do it because I enjoy it and can make a buck or two from it. When it becomes a chore you lose your inspiration and it becomes a J.O.B. I do sometimes go back to some of my favorite freelancing sites to "get my feet wet" again though. I like the challenge, sometimes, of the project they have.

Yes, information is subject to what people feel it's worth to a great extent. But it's also possible to sell it over and over again in different forms. Freelance writing, for me, was a stepping stone (at least in the typical form). I used it to find my initial clients, and get some good clips for the resume. It got me to where I am when it comes to digital products--a nice steady client list always looking for updated sales material, articles, newsletters, and other easy stuff at fair prices. For years now all my projects have come from word of mouth, or in the case of selling information and research services, repeat customers. I prefer it to freelance websites because I get paid what I am worth, and I know what my clients like and want.

When you work with the intelligentsia, or the paranoiac professors as I like to call them, once they decide they can trust you not to out them, trust you to do good work, and trust you to do ANYTHING for a big enough pile of money in terms of the subject matter being written about, they will stick with you through thick and thin. The professional and college crowd are my offline bread and butter, along with tutoring idiotic college freshmen (typically athletes) in basic English Grammar. If anyone had told me 30 years ago that there would come a time when you could get into ANY college without being able to effectively write, I would have told them they were delusional. Sadly, I see it all the time now. You know things are bad when you have to train your real world employees on the addition and subtraction of fractions--but I do. I even made a set of the old fashioned "pie" pieces to do it with. 

The Post-grad, the doctoral, and the gov't grant addicts are the bread and butter of the information world. I once told my other half, only half jokingly, that if he handed me a trash bag full of miscellaneous fast food receipts I could have the information sold to 4 people in less than 24 hours. Despite the apparent lack of actual education occurring on college campuses around the country, the teaching staff, the research fellows, the masters' and doctoral candidates, the adjunct professors, and all kinds of other goofballs are always looking for data on something, and they will pay top dollar to get it. It's an ever expanding market. But more than that, for me, it's a deeply satisfying hobby. I like collecting information, so the income is merely icing on the cake, so to speak :-)

Guest mrclean0325

LOL, it sounds like you have some pretty nice gigs.

You are a better person than I since you have the patients to teach them. I tried it once and the ones taking the course were "forced" (especially the athletes) so they could continue to play but they didn't see the point since they would be picked up by a pro team who could care less if they could add or write. The educational system in this country is SO broken it isn't even funny. Has been for awhile now. The other day one of my daughters friends children were asking for help with a math problem and tried to show how they are doing math now...what are they thinking?

I used to deal with some "higher learning" facilities to help them upgrading their tech. I am not sure what box of cracker jacks these guys who run the tech departments got their credentials. Most were lacking in the basics. One asked me what the IP address was of the computer we just connected and I did the "IPconfig /all" and he thought I was a god, he had never seen that before. Another one had problems with a fiber not working and had no idea they had to be clean...I could go on but it is much too sad. :wacko: