Marketing Checkpoint

LOL, it sounds like you have some pretty nice gigs.

You are a better person than I since you have the patients to teach them. I tried it once and the ones taking the course were "forced" (especially the athletes) so they could continue to play but they didn't see the point since they would be picked up by a pro team who could care less if they could add or write. The educational system in this country is SO broken it isn't even funny. Has been for awhile now. The other day one of my daughters friends children were asking for help with a math problem and tried to show how they are doing math now...what are they thinking?

I used to deal with some "higher learning" facilities to help them upgrading their tech. I am not sure what box of cracker jacks these guys who run the tech departments got their credentials. Most were lacking in the basics. One asked me what the IP address was of the computer we just connected and I did the "IPconfig /all" and he thought I was a god, he had never seen that before. Another one had problems with a fiber not working and had no idea they had to be clean...I could go on but it is much too sad. :wacko:

It can be tough to break into academia, but when you do, the sky is the limit ;-). I consider tutoring the young folk to be my personal cross to bear, my toll for rolling down easy street. But yes, they are a serious chore at times, as are all the young people at Reddit I counsel when I hang out over there. There are times when I really feel like hunting down their so-called parents and tarring and feathering them for unleashing their utterly useless offspring on the world. And when it comes to the Cracker Jack Box degrees---Oh, I know exactly where you're coming from LOL.

Back last year I finished a 2 year stretch of suffering, a PhD dissertation on feminist influences in early Christian religion, as evidenced by the Grail Mythos etc.. Another one of those deluded feminazis "proving" that the Da Vinci Code was real (it most categorically isn't, not as portrayed), that Christ had been a happily married man ( probable, if he existed, though he would NOT have been married to someone like Mary Magdalene), and that without Mary's feminist influence on the apostles the fledgling Catholic/Christian church would never have existed at all. That last is because according to the feminist view of that time and place, Mary was doing most if not all of the preaching after Christ died on the cross, and she, his mother, and a bunch of unnamed females gave him all his really good ideas in the first place. 

This stunning example of academic inanity also proved that several popes were cross dressing females, and that Pope John Paul the 2nd was the last descendant of Christ and Mary Magdalene. 

It could have been worse, I suppose--though  i'm hard pressed to produce an immediate example of "worse" at this time of the morning LOL. The whole cross dressing pope theory literally left me speechless. After all, how in the heck are you supposed to produce acceptable citations for a crackpot hitherto unheard of theory like that?!? That stage of the dissertation from H*ll was in my opinion, the nadir of my researching career--and also my greatest triumph. Being reduced to such circumstances is humbling. Actually pulling that assignment off was a serious adrenaline rush :-).  but believe me--I tacked an amazing idiot surcharge on that invoice. 

And just in case her crackpot theories ever escape academialand, I have already written several absolutely devastating rebuttals, and I have friends in the right circles who owe me--big time. At the first sign anyone other than her delusional review board is actually reading that pile of pure unmitigated B.S., I will torpedo it, and keep doing so until it disappears for good. Whenever I write a piece of soaring B.S., I ALWAYS write the rebuttal along with it for my records. If I'm writing for the liberal/leftist nuts, I don't even offer them notes on the rebuttal--as no liberal thinks anyone can effectively counter their devastating genius.

If I'm writing for a sane or relatively sane person who just doesn't have the time or the ability to slip a little mustard into some deadly dull pile of useless nonsense, I provide rebuttal information, typically written from a liberal viewpoint, so they can practice countering the insane ones. Of course even the relatively sane paranoiac professors are nuts when compared to normal people.

Last week at the gym I had to show a couple of college freshmen how to open a Master Lock Combination lock--despite the presence of the nice sticker with the pictures on the back. I told the girl to turn "clockwise" (silly me). She didn't know what it meant. So I told her "right"-- and she turned LEFT.

Like any good parent, the first thing out of my mouth was literally "no, dear--your OTHER right". And her friend hadn't corrected her. When they finally got it open, not once but twice, you would have thought they had won a Nobel or something. It turned out this was all her mom's fault, as she had asked for a combo lock expecting one of the new push button or electronic ones. I told her to get a nice lock with a key. The saddest and scariest part of the whole thing was listening to them arguing over who would get o drive home as they left the locker room....

I go to a Chuze Fitness center. There are analog clocks on every wall--but I have had probably a few dozen young people, both a) complain about the lack of clocks, and B) ask me what time it is, though I don't wear a watch.

Our tech will truly be the death of us, as a race. I figured that one out a long time ago--which is why I made collecting information of all kinds my hobby. I read Canticle for Leibowitz-- and I believe it's true. So I and a motley collection of tin foil hatters, librarians, and shut ins collect and archive things. Somebody has to keep track of the knowledge that is disappearing, as well as the new stuff. But it is depressing, indeed..... :(

Fortune Favors The Bold! http://fortunestraffic.com

Fortunes Traffic--for Zubees, Promos, Fun, and Traffic.

Interested in Hard Rock Gold Mining? Check Out My Other Half's You Tube Channel -- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbcYhenGjigBC5GgEjEANLQ

Guest mrclean0325

I feel your pain. I learned to read at a very young age and it has been a great advantage as I grew older. Both my wife and I have instilled reading (or at least tried) in our children. We also made sure they learned to tell time on an analog clock first. Some young people have no idea how to even count money or give proper change without a cash register telling them how much. A very sad state of affairs.

I used to work for a small cable company in a university town (until I was injured on the job but that is another story) and each year when the students came in, the BIG fun started. I wonder how some of them can even dress themselves. The service calls went through the roof at the time. We tried to make the stuff as stupid proof as possible. Papers with direction, color coded cables, and little colored dots and everything.

Most of the service calls went this way. My Internet (TV or whatever) doesn't work. Do you have it connected like shown in the paper? YES!! We'll send someone out. When the tech got there, the equipment was sitting there and plugged into the wall, but not connected to the TV or modem. When asked where the cables were in the bag, the answer was usually, "Oh, you need those too?"

My favorites were the "computer science" students. One in particular was the most fun. He called and said his speed stunk and wanted a tech immediately. When I got there he proceeded to "instruct me" on the Internet and networking and whatever other drivel he thought would impress a lowly cable guy. I did a speed test on his laptop and sure enough the speed sucked. So I check the connections and found the modem sitting by the laptop and connected to the wall cable correctly with NOTHING going from it to the laptop. I checked the laptop and he was connected to somebody's WiFi connection. i asked for the bag the modem came in and connected the Ethernet cable to the laptop and changed over the setting and it was screaming. I then spent the next half hour trying to explain to him how I fixed it.

The worst were the parent calling and screaming about their child not being able to watch their MTV since they couldn't figure out how to connect the equipment. So instead of calling us, they called mommy or daddy crying who then called us. Then it became a three legged dog trying to relay information since the "child" didn't want to talk directly to us.

If I had a dollar for every service call for dead or no batteries in a remote, TV on the wrong channel, or broken TV....well it would be a LOT of money. I could go on boring you for hours with such stories, but I won't. :P

I feel your pain. I learned to read at a very young age and it has been a great advantage as I grew older. Both my wife and I have instilled reading (or at least tried) in our children. We also made sure they learned to tell time on an analog clock first. Some young people have no idea how to even count money or give proper change without a cash register telling them how much. A very sad state of affairs.

I used to work for a small cable company in a university town (until I was injured on the job but that is another story) and each year when the students came in, the BIG fun started. I wonder how some of them can even dress themselves. The service calls went through the roof at the time. We tried to make the stuff as stupid proof as possible. Papers with direction, color coded cables, and little colored dots and everything.

Most of the service calls went this way. My Internet (TV or whatever) doesn't work. Do you have it connected like shown in the paper? YES!! We'll send someone out. When the tech got there, the equipment was sitting there and plugged into the wall, but not connected to the TV or modem. When asked where the cables were in the bag, the answer was usually, "Oh, you need those too?"

My favorites were the "computer science" students. One in particular was the most fun. He called and said his speed stunk and wanted a tech immediately. When I got there he proceeded to "instruct me" on the Internet and networking and whatever other drivel he thought would impress a lowly cable guy. I did a speed test on his laptop and sure enough the speed sucked. So I check the connections and found the modem sitting by the laptop and connected to the wall cable correctly with NOTHING going from it to the laptop. I checked the laptop and he was connected to somebody's WiFi connection. i asked for the bag the modem came in and connected the Ethernet cable to the laptop and changed over the setting and it was screaming. I then spent the next half hour trying to explain to him how I fixed it.

The worst were the parent calling and screaming about their child not being able to watch their MTV since they couldn't figure out how to connect the equipment. So instead of calling us, they called mommy or daddy crying who then called us. Then it became a three legged dog trying to relay information since the "child" didn't want to talk directly to us.

If I had a dollar for every service call for dead or no batteries in a remote, TV on the wrong channel, or broken TV....well it would be a LOT of money. I could go on boring you for hours with such stories, but I won't. :P

These would be the same little darlings that can't seem to understand why they got dinged for spelling when they used spell check/grammar check. I'm sure you can imagine the "homonym" conversation....When I do break down and tutor, I  have that conversation at least once a day, regardless of the language the student speaks. Living in Tucson, English speaking and writing students are getting rarer and rarer, of course.

Some typical excuses....

I used spellcheck, Windows is stupid.

I used Grammar check, Windows is stupid.

I saw the movie.

I saw the TV show based on the movie.

I didn't think he was serious about reading the book!

I played the video game based on the movie.

Oh, come on. Nobody actually  _____________________________ anymore, do they? (fill in the blank with a simple, common sense skill like washing dishes).

Isn't there an app for this?

There's an app for that....  A side note on this one. I was in the grocery store the other day, and they had rearranged the place. I asked the clerk where an item was, and he didn't know, he literally said : I don't know, but there's an app for that....

And from the kids at Reddit :

Do all old people know weird sh*t like this?

How do old people KNOW this sh*t????

How come when YOU say it, it makes sense??

How come other old people don't talk to me like this?

Wow, dude. You mean moms really used to stay home?

Dude, can you red pill me on this? ELI5...  (translation--can you tell me the truth about this subject, but explain like I am 5 years old?)

I should have stuck with the blue pill, this/that is some f*ed up sh*t. 

Interested in Hard Rock Gold Mining? Check Out My Other Half's You Tube Channel -- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbcYhenGjigBC5GgEjEANLQ

Guest mrclean0325

ROTFLMAO!!! I see it is not different on the other side of the country. The mighty hope of our great nation! The main reason you should be very nice to nerds - they WILL be your boss someday. lol

ROTFLMAO!!! I see it is not different on the other side of the country. The mighty hope of our great nation! The main reason you should be very nice to nerds - they WILL be your boss someday. lol

I would agree--except that Reddit has a huge population of nerds, and the new, improved species of nerd is terribly inferior to nerds of our generation. Some of them have never heard of Heinlein. Or Spider Robinson. Or Harry Harrison, I don't dare ask if they know Issac Assimov--if I got a clueless look or a "who?" I would probably die of a broken heart.

• 3 weeks later...

Having not visited the site, personally, i'm wondering if they had a summary of their comp. plan should their site be actively offered by affiliates?

i read above that the poster wasn't planning on actively posting about the site (which implies a more residual / passive approach)?

To earn and get paid at THW Global, you have to fill out their demographic survey that asks for lots of personal info. It is clear from their terms of service that they have the option to sell your information to others e.g. data brokers. Looking at their posted live statistics, less than half of the people signing up are completing the required survey. 

2nd468.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I am always amazed by these companies that come online with no real address, no experienced staff in place that they care to share but they offer the world.  The business concept is not solid.  What they can do is create a huge mailing list of individuals with demographics , likes, buying habits, etc.  I doubt seriously if they can afford to pay 5 million people $25.00 per hour.  The next step is the $995.00 package with the $39.00/month payments? Whoa.

Part of my mission online is to investigate these companies.  Just  do a Google Search, Check some reviews, read them to see if they make sense.  A lot of reviews are self serving and always lead to Wealthy Affiliates because that is one of their Marketing strategies that they teach... but if you look and read long enough you will find some good information that will at least make you stop and take another look at the new Shiny Company

Guest mrclean0325

I have pretty much lost any hope on this one. For the past few weeks the ads won't play right and it is hit or miss with the videos. You get a lot of errors when trying to view them too.

• 3 weeks later...

Folks, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is and usually is. I ran into a pay per click site called $2 clicks or something like that. They promised to pay $2 per click. But let's be real for a moment. Who's going to pay $2 for each click? Who can afford that kind of promotional cost? Especially when there are better and more cost effective ways to promote?

Free Video Chat Service! Get Connected And Stay Connected!

Click Here!

Hello folks!

Let's be honest, you can't take any site serious if they have no legitimate address or do not respond to any emails no matter if they are in the EU, UK, US or on the moon. This one looks like an email fishing system ...

They were making some money from founding members by all looks of it.

My sponsor is getting nicely formated notices from them - he passes them on to me .... sounds a bit strange if you ask me!

I fully agree with you. we should check fully before investing time n money.