Marketing Checkpoint

All of us (even me), fall for the "shiny object" syndrome from time to time--jumping from one hot new "weird trick" to another.

Most of us have our own favorite strategies and sites we use online as well. But even those of us who have been plugging away at internet income for decades sometimes overlook the obvious.

There is still a real world out there.

I use all the old stand bys online--my small list of old school PTCs, old school TEs (with the new ones mixed in). Safelists and viral mailers, guest blogging and running my own blog off and on. I also use social media extensively, and Craigslist. Even so, according to last months' sign up figures, almost 30% of my newest and most active members in all my programs came from a source that I would bet NONE of the other marketers here have used lately. And from historic records, I can tell you that almost all of the active clickers in my old school TE and PTC programs--the ones that have been working with me for (in a few cases) over 10 years and follow me from program to program--my own core "instant down line" (more on that later)-- came from this traffic source.

And last month's stats are NOT unusual at all--they are the norm, for every program I actively promote. If you use this strategy properly, you'll find you only have to advertise a given program once a month or less to get a real income stream going. And if you build a core downline using this method, you can reach a point where you don't have to promote a program AT ALL--because when you join, you automatically bring 20 people in with you, who are making you money from the first day.

This secret traffic weapon is free to use, readily available in most parts of the world, and unlike all the other sources listed, almost never used by internet marketers. So, instead of having your ad competing with hundreds of others for the same programs,  it will probably be the ONLY ad for your opportunity, for weeks or even months. This weird traffic trick can generate dozens of signups or active prospects a day, and it's only ONE of the untapped traffic sources I have been using for decades.

Community. Bulletin. Boards.

Even in our digital age, many grocery stores, laundromats, libraries, and other businesses have bulletin boards customers can post ads on. Typically, the ads are cleaned out once a week where I am, though there are some bulletin boards in my neighborhood that only get cleaned once a month (and sometimes less!). And people actually check these boards, read them, and act on what they see there. My ads are typically either fliers with both a QR code and tear off strips with the URL/email addy, though I also will use a dozen or so business card in those locations where there is a card tray.

Last Monday, I posted a flier with a QR code and a dozen tear off email addy strips at my favorite supermarket. By Wednesday, I had to replace the flier (all the tear offs were gone), had gotten 11 emails, and 30 people had used the QR code to get to the program being advertised (Clixsense, in this case). By Friday, I had 43 new members in my Clixsense down line, and all are working the program daily. As a matter of fact, some of us got together at a local donut shop to discuss strategies, and 6 already have signed up people themselves.

I had advertised a rotator link to Clixsense, that I had loaded with the referral IDs of 10 of my most active level 2 members. so each of those members got a happy surprise last week--4 new active referrals  :D

I  advertise Clixsense 12 times a year, always using my downline members' referral links. My referrals know that if they are active, at some point they will be promoted by me. I don't promote my own ID, as I only want "core downline" members joining at the moment. But I have no doubt that if I focused on it, I could build a down line with several thousand people in it in less than a year using only bulletin boards  :D . I have done so in the past, using the same tools, and each time I ended up adding 50 or more people to my core downline, and that is where the real money is!

Tips:

Scout your bulletin boards, and it won't take long to see which ones are likely to be the most responsive.

ALWAYS carry both fliers and business cards with you--you never know when you'll see a new bulletin board.

Use this to reward active downline members--set up a rotator with 10 slots, and run a monthly contest. This has proven over time to be the best way to motivate referrals, as people who have active downlines that are growing tend to stay active themselves--and in most programs, if they do drop out, that nice active downline goes to the next active member up the chain.

TRACK your ads. How?

1) Use a custom tracking URL--I get mine at Leads Leap. When I am getting serious about an ad campaign, I will take the extra time to code each different bulletin board URL so I know which boards perform the best.

2) Set up a special email addy strictly for bulletin boards and my other secret sources.

3) I also have a special dropbox I use when offering a free report, and the free reports I advertise all, have "code" titles, so I know they came from my "special" advertising sources (and which one they came from).

4) Remember--the people you recruit this way may well be the best income producers you ever have--if you can turn them into core downline members. Even if you can't, they will generally be the most active downline members you have. I have found over the last 20 years or so that my bulletin board signups stay active in programs far longer, and are more likely to recruit more people that do the same.

I love the internet, and internet marketing. I like the challenges, I like the ability to test multiple ads and approaches at very low cost or free sources. It's great. Even so, the real world will always have a place in my marketing strategy, because it works.

Fortune Favors The Bold! http://fortunestraffic.com

Fortunes Traffic--for Zubees, Promos, Fun, and Traffic.

Interested in Hard Rock Gold Mining? Check Out My Other Half's You Tube Channel -- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbcYhenGjigBC5GgEjEANLQ

Guest mrclean0325

DANG IT! Why did you let that cat out of the bag! lol

Man, I hope I don't go tomorrow and see them filled and mine buried....

I find it easier to just use a different email address for each location (get them all over for free) then have all of those forwarded to your main email you are using for this. I then sort them into folders for each location, makes it easy to see which one is working better than others. i can just open the mail account and see the one on 4th and elm did 15 today. I have had a problem at one time or another with all of the popular tracking services. If the links don't work - you are out of business. I like to reduce the moving parts to the minimum. When you see blank white pages in the safelists and TEs - it is usually a tracker gone bad which means no business today and wasted time and credits.

If you use snail mail for anything (yes it is effective too for postcards and various other marketing items) use a department number which is different for each mailing batch or location. This can also work if you just use a phone number for them to call. Just answer the call with, "This is ACME, what department is this in reference to?" Very few use the phone anymore though.

Another good one I used was before people really knew about Netflix or Gamefly was to put up a drawing box for a "free" month where they entered their name and email info and put it in the box. Of course everyone "won" a free month. you just emailed them with the good news and gave the link to collect their free month (I was also in the affiliate program for both too) at the end of the email was another link stating, "If you want more free offers, goodies, and ways to make more money - enter your info on the link below". Of course you had the Netflix in video rental stores and the Gamefly in game stores. Both of which don't much exist anymore but the same idea could be used with something else. I just haven't had the desire or want to figure another one out....

DANG IT! Why did you let that cat out of the bag! lol

Man, I hope I don't go tomorrow and see them filled and mine buried....

I find it easier to just use a different email address for each location (get them all over for free) then have all of those forwarded to your main email you are using for this. I then sort them into folders for each location, makes it easy to see which one is working better than others. i can just open the mail account and see the one on 4th and elm did 15 today. I have had a problem at one time or another with all of the popular tracking services. If the links don't work - you are out of business. I like to reduce the moving parts to the minimum. When you see blank white pages in the safelists and TEs - it is usually a tracker gone bad which means no business today and wasted time and credits.

If you use snail mail for anything (yes it is effective too for postcards and various other marketing items) use a department number which is different for each mailing batch or location. This can also work if you just use a phone number for them to call. Just answer the call with, "This is ACME, what department is this in reference to?" Very few use the phone anymore though.

Another good one I used was before people really knew about Netflix or Gamefly was to put up a drawing box for a "free" month where they entered their name and email info and put it in the box. Of course everyone "won" a free month. you just emailed them with the good news and gave the link to collect their free month (I was also in the affiliate program for both too) at the end of the email was another link stating, "If you want more free offers, goodies, and ways to make more money - enter your info on the link below". Of course you had the Netflix in video rental stores and the Gamefly in game stores. Both of which don't much exist anymore but the same idea could be used with something else. I just haven't had the desire or want to figure another one out....

I like to use the email and folder method for classifying types of bulletin boards--I separate bulletin boards into business, non-profit, gov't, for instance. So the BBs in grocery stores, gyms, and laundromats will get the "business" email, the ones in thrift shops, community food banks, churches get the "non-profit", and the libraries and DES offices get "gov't". It's amazing how many Clixsense refs you can get at the DES office just by trolling the line at 6 in the morning with business cards, you know... same with the line in front of the day labor (kelly temps is the best line for PTCs/affiliate programs). Since I can have unlimited emails with my hosting, I create them at will, they forward to folders on the server, and I grab them from that point.

I use postcards around the holidays--as a matter of fact, in mid september I'll often buy a hotlist for postcards and send out about 500. I have a really killer postcard about getting free gift cards for christmas I made probably 15 years ago, and just update with the current hot program. This year's will probably have Clixsense, Swagbucks, and Gifthulk. Since the file is in my Avery Online account, I can do what I wish.

Then there's the Christmas Express Funnel---get this:

Prep the postcards. Include a "SPECIAL TIME SENSITIVE CODE"-- if they take action before XX-XX-XXXX, then they get 100.00 (or 200.00, or whatever) worth of FREE promotion of their referral links and follow up!

So, new ref completes the steps--typically sign up, complete X amount of tasks in Y amount of time.

Then I load their link with 9 other peoples' links into a special rotator, and advertise it with my "slush fund" (this huge pile of advertising I hold in reserve) on my highest performing sites, and also use it on the next batch of 100 postcards to go out, and each person also gets fliers and business cards placed around their part of town with their links. It's rare for someone to end up with less than 10 or 12 refs from their free gift--and then, of course, I am the one who emails their refs and provides them with the secret insider reports on making good money with these programs.

I DO make sure the referral links in the guides belong to the original person who completed the offer and won the free gift, of course--I also have special training reports for them to use with new refs. Heck, I even have some pretty cool powerpoint presentations my recruits in my core down line can use when they have real life get togethers with their growing core down line. Typically around this time of year I will be sitting in on 2 or 3 get togethers a week, with people I have recruited from a snail mail or from BBs, if I take the time to recruit.

I don't generally use a phone--as I seldom answer my cell phone and haven't had a line line for literally 10 years, maybe longer. My son Ryan just gave me a smart phone, and I haven't even added it to my plan yet LOL. When I do it will be used basically for downloading games from Clixsense etc to try them out, and for receipt hog and other receipt programs....

I'm sure between all of us here, we can come up with a ton of programs we could use the old "free month" technique with. As a matter of fact, I just thought of something really cool that *should* work with ICanget2 and local businesses....HMMMM.....Gotta scoot, there's a major brainstorm coming  :D . I'll get it polished up, try it out locally, and if it works, I'll run it by you and Capt. Kirk  :ph34r: ......

Fortune Favors The Bold! http://fortunestraffic.com

Fortunes Traffic--for Zubees, Promos, Fun, and Traffic.

Interested in Hard Rock Gold Mining? Check Out My Other Half's You Tube Channel -- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbcYhenGjigBC5GgEjEANLQ