Marketing Checkpoint

I this the year of the mailers?

I've found I actually get better results often times from smaller sites - and on the point of there being "too many" or whatever that's all malarky.. if there were too many then none of mine would be making any money.. seems silly but it's true, I get growth every day on my mailers so that's a huge signal to me that they are doing just fine, in fact I personally would like to spend more money on my mailer campaigns but It's hard for me to even find some that I feel are worth it (low value - price vs results)..

Sure there are tons but just like we see in the traffic exchange, there may be thousands of them but there are always room for more good ones, people are craving better places to spend there money on and if we don't have some crappy ones in the mix then we won't be able to well which ones are good lol

I guess I also should add here.. I can see where people think it'st he same people using all the sites but that is obvioulsy not the case or why are we advertising at so many of them?

We will all see a lot of cross over because we are smart enough to know to reach different markets - but the top % of core users of any type of site will not be the same as the other..

..the only exception to this and the point where I would argue that there ARE too many is in the case when it is the same owner releasing the same site after site after site and just moving their same members on to the next OTO - sites owned by the same person will tend to have mainly the same core (if they're smart enough to be using a funnel) and although that is great for the site owner, I do think as an advertiser it really loses it's luster on their product when you are spending money to advertise to almost the identical market on 6 different sites when you could reach a 10% larger / shifted market just by spending that money on a site someone else owns instead

John, you make a great point. Without a bunch of mailers you wouldn't have any reasonable way of comparing services from one mailer against another. Plus, to know if your campaign is doing well, advertising in multiple places at once and comparing results, again, is the effective way to decide which services are worth the time/money. Of course if you are looking for specific results, that plays a factor as well.

Hustle. Do everything in your power to reach beyond your goals.