Marketing Checkpoint

Major PayPal Changes Are Coming....

Guest mrclean0325

Guest mrclean0325

PayPal will be "enhancing" their TOS effective March 29th, 2017. Here is the link to Acceptable Use section.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/acceptableuse-full

It looks like they are going to be dropping a lot of different kinds of sites and not just TEs and safelists. Looking at the list, there will be a lot of the ways most of us make a bit online (besides the ones already hit) being affected by these changes. As we all know, whether we think they are in a category doesn't mean PayPal won't put them there and when they do - it is goodbye PayPal for a payment option.

If any program you are involved with that still uses PayPal and can be considered any of the wording used in the Acceptable Use; it will probably be dropped after March 29th.

They are also going to be increasing fees which seems pretty much across the board. Most will cause issue with those outside of the US.

Just a heads up so you can prepare and plan when this takes effect as it may get you if you don't.

PayPal will be "enhancing" their TOS effective March 29th, 2017. Here is the link to Acceptable Use section.

It looks like they are going to be dropping a lot of different kinds of sites and not just TEs and safelists. Looking at the list, there will be a lot of the ways most of us make a bit online (besides the ones already hit) being affected by these changes. As we all know, whether we think they are in a category doesn't mean PayPal won't put them there and when they do - it is goodbye PayPal for a payment option.

If any program you are involved with that still uses PayPal and can be considered any of the wording used in the Acceptable Use; it will probably be dropped after March 29th.

They are also going to be increasing fees which seems pretty much across the board. Most will cause issue with those outside of the US.

Just a heads up so you can prepare and plan when this takes effect as it may get you if you don't.

Seem like the same kinds of sites that don't me their TOS now. I didn't see anything new that stands out.

Well they didn't give me a choice, no more PayPal for me. I really hope more people will start to adopt bitcoin... ZERO fees. These processors sure take a chunk out of every transaction, but it doesn't have to be that way!

What's a good thing to use to factor in the bitcoin exchange rates? Aren't there pretty high fees to convert bitcoins into USD and withdraw the money?

What's a good thing to use to factor in the bitcoin exchange rates? Aren't there pretty high fees to convert bitcoins into USD and withdraw the money?

If you must exchange it to USD then yes there will be a fee.. but there are a lot of online businesses that accept bitcoin directly so instead of using your credit card, just use bitcoin. As the amount of merchants accepting bitcoin grows, there will be less and less reason to exchange bitcoin back to your local currency. I am even paying my programmer in bitcoin now. 

Founder of Marketing Checkpoint

My Blog

• 2 weeks later...

This Acceptable Use Policy is dated July 1, 2015 so nothing new here at all.

As for the rest of the 'update' its just the cost of doing business.  PP's not the only game in town, its just more opportunity for BTC.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if anyone would like to comment on this "back and forth" I came across in the Warrior Forum regarding safelists and Paypal...curious what members here think ?!?

Paypal has pretty much decimated half of the safe-list/email marketing industry. How have they been doing this? Any merchant with a Paypal account Talk that is conducting business within the safe-list/email marketing world is permanently having their Paypal accounts shut down.

Don't believe me then check out some of the threads in this forum: Sharing & Advertising Community

...and talk to Darren Olander, Maryanne Myers, etc etc who have all been dumped by Paypal and are in the process of trying to pick up the pieces.

===========================================================================================================

You are talking about one small segment of internet commerce. Safelists are notorious for chargebacks or refund requests and for good reason. 

I know how safelists work and can do well with them, but most people do not and when they pay a safelist for pageviews and get absolutely no return then they will seek refunds and if no refund is given then they will initiate a chargeback.

If the safelist owners want to keep paypal accounts in good standing they should take it into their own hands and teach people how to use them. many safelists are encouraging people to build a downline and to paypal this could look like a pyramid scheme.

I am currently a member of 50+ safelists and I know how to use them but my guess is many people do not. And many will continue to join and get angry because they feel they were lied to. 

So what I am saying is do not blame paypal because your business is shady

al

You are talking about one small segment of internet commerce. Safelists are notorious for chargebacks or refund requests and for good reason. 

I know how safelists work and can do well with them, but most people do not and when they pay a safelist for pageviews and get absolutely no return then they will seek refunds and if no refund is given then they will initiate a chargeback.

If the safelist owners want to keep paypal accounts in good standing they should take it into their own hands and teach people how to use them. many safelists are encouraging people to build a downline and to paypal this could look like a pyramid scheme.

I am currently a member of 50+ safelists and I know how to use them but my guess is many people do not. And many will continue to join and get angry because they feel they were lied to. 

So what I am saying is do not blame paypal because your business is shady

al

If refund and chargeback rates were the thing they cared about, I would still be using PayPal.. I rarely ever had a chargeback, so my % of chargeback is almost 0... way below any average they would expect. Also been in business for well over a decade. But they did not take these things into consideration, so it really does not matter to them.

Founder of Marketing Checkpoint

My Blog

Guest mrclean0325

When I got the email from PayPal it linked to the "new" page and it had a much more extensive list of No-No type things that went into more than currently there. I don't remember any of the specifics right off the top of my head, but I do remember it going into just about every category of stuff most people here use. It was pretty much an expanded version and went into more detail since the current one is a bit ambiguous on some items. Since the page is no longer there and showing the old one, I wonder if they are changing it again or had it up unintentionally when I saw it. I wish I had screen captured it but didn't think it would not be there to refer back to.

bitcoin seems to be a good rosect atleast for next 35 years before it again gets taken over by newer cryto currencies. but yes paypal, payza are no more attractive 

For residents of the U.S., PayPal is probably still #1 because it has no receive fees vs. it would cost the equivalent of about a 2% fee (at Coinbase) to change Bitcoin to USD.