Marketing Checkpoint

Promote Your Ads on Advertising sites or Social media sites? Why?

captkirk

Hi Fellow MC Members and Guests,

If you had to make a choice between posting your advertising on Advertising sites or Social Media sites which one would you prefer and why?

Traditional Advertising Sites:

- Classifieds
- Traffic Exchanges
- Viral Mailers / Safelists
- Ad Boards
- FFA (Free For All)
- Banner Ad Network
- Viral Ad Sites
- And Etc...

Social Media Sites:

- Facebook
- Twitter
- LinkedIn
- Google+
- Youtube
- Instagram
- Tumblr
- And Etc...

For me, I prefer the traditional online advertising sites because people know that you are advertising and not trying to make friends but to get sales and/or signups for the program that you're promoting.

Plus, I'm looking to attract experienced Salesmen, Webmasters, Veteran Marketers, Newbies that know how to post Text Ads, Banners Ads, and Etc...

Of course it's best to use ALL methods of advertising, But if you had to pick one which would you prefer, Traditional Advertising or Social Media? Why?

Tip: Regardless of the advertising methods that you use, Always Be Promoting/Advertising your websites!

• 2 weeks later...

I like traditional advertising sites although I do use social media as well. I've gotten some sales from Facebook and I got some referrals from advertising on Google+. I try to be at many places as I possibly can. Google+ has lots of communities that you can post your ads in. You can also get found on Google's search engine when you post on your Google+ page. I like traditional sites for advertising because I believe they give you more variety. You can posts banner ads and text ads. Usually, on social media sites you cannot use banner ads. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'd prefer social media marketing only if you have already build a respectable following (not follow-back type of followers but engaging readers with interest).

*******************************************************************************************************************************

Conquering Fiverr How to make $33,928 a month freelancing on Fiverr - 100% Money Back Guarantee!

Unleashing Yourself - Develop Discipline, Master Your Habits & Succeed In Any Area of Your Life - 100% Money Back Guarantee!

*******************************************************************************************************************************

For ranking a your own website/blog better on Google search, it's recommend to have social media accounts for your business, even if it does not give remarkable traffic. For advertising just referral links or squeeze pages, it does not make sense for me, there are other much more responsive traffic sources..

True, but now FB is cracking down on group postings. I once tried to post to the groups I belonged to and got FB notices that I was spamming. So, I have come to question the value of it now.

When you posting on FB you have to have different look for your ads in order not to be cached by FB on spamming.

• 2 weeks later...

I use many of the sites that  Tommie mentioned, but LinkedIn is still my favorite because it lists the business skills and interests of all of it's members.  The key word there is "business".  All of the members are interested primarily in business.  If people are interested in socializing they can go to FB.

There are two ways to face the future. One way is
with apprehension; the other is with anticipation  .

I use many of the sites that  Tommie mentioned, but LinkedIn is still my favorite because it lists the business skills and interests of all of it's members.  The key word there is "business".  All of the members are interested primarily in business.  If people are interested in socializing they can go to FB.

I couldn´t agree more with you! 

It is opposite regarding Facebook. Today it is more for business then for socializing.

• 2 months later...

I prefer traditional marketing also, but I can't help mentioning LinkedIn. It is a wonderful resource for Affiliate Marketers.

There are two ways to face the future. One way is
with apprehension; the other is with anticipation  .

I love social media sites for traffic, mostly from Youtube and Quora.

Lately, I've been getting slammed with strikes. Be prepared to play the wack a mole game on social media. I have 5 YouTube channels.

Upgraded mailer sites are the way to go for sure.

Webinar Reveals how to be Coached<p>by a #1 Vendor/AffiliateWebinar Access

• 2 weeks later...

I use both, but usually I promote different links/offers/squeeze pages via Twitter to what I'm promoting via traffic exchanges, for example.

It's a different audience with different needs and must be targeted accordingly. Basically, it depends on what you are promoting - you need to ask yourself where the best audience is for your product.

I use both, but usually I promote different links/offers/squeeze pages via Twitter to what I'm promoting via traffic exchanges, for example.

It's a different audience with different needs and must be targeted accordingly. Basically, it depends on what you are promoting - you need to ask yourself where the best audience is for your product.

How can you promote your pages via Twitter to what you promoting via traffic exchanges? Interesting!

Well, for example, right now I'm mainly promoting a simple squeeze page appealing to IMers looking for more traffic - I'm promoting this via TEs, viral mailers, free ad sites, etc. because that is where the people are at who are interested in what I'm offering.

But on Twitter, where a lot of my followers are in the motivation/inspiration/personal development niche as well as MLM and social marketing, I take a different approach - I post regular videos which I think will interest my followers, and link from there to a slightly different offer. It's all about targeting.