Marketing Checkpoint

What Are Safelists and Do They Work?

Q. What are safelists and do they work?

A. Safelists are a type of email marketing to a closed group of people. Here's how it works most of the time.

Everyone who joins the safelists agrees to receive mail from other safelist members.

Members of the safelist can send a certain number of emails to the list - usually one email per day.

The email can be for anything ... it can be a pure ad, an article, almost anything.

Email is sent via the safelist website. In other words, members do not download a mailing list but rather they send email after logging in to the safelist site.

Some members can send more email than others. This is usually based on paying a fee or recruiting others or length of time as a member.

Safelists do not work well. They expose you to tons of email solicitations and do not generally yield much in the way of results. Any results you do get from safelists are usually someone seeking something free. Sales results are very low.

The reason that safelists don't work is that almost everyone who uses them registers with a free email account (such as Yahoo or Hotmail or Gmail) and then never checks that account. So, they get to send email but never really have to read any.

There are some exceptions, but they are very few indeed. I would never recommend you paying to be on a safelist. Instead, focus that time and energy on more proven marketing methods. Never confuse effort with results. Safelists can take hours a day of effort but provide very little return on that time investment.

http://trck.me/214155/banner.jpg

Rudi Vanhaecke
Bronze Team Leader SFI
Inrernet Marketing Professional

http://i41.tinypic.com/1zp626e.jpg

Waterstraat 59
8730 Beernem
Belgium
Europe

rudihomebusiness@gmail.com
Mobile: +32496292333
Phone: +3250791910

@instant_fortune..

http://sfi4.com/11219288.3000/FREE

• 10 months later...

Do you really think this is true?  If so how do they stay in business?  And how do they manage to enroll so many subcribers?  Someone must be looking at all those ads that go out.

Also, unless you are a paid member, you have to read those emails to get credits to send your own mail.  Why would we all be taking the time to use them if they don't work?

Free 'Advertising System' Traffic & Exposure

http://llclick.com/280m4k5s

• 2 years later...

Consistency in advertising is one of the biggest keys to any success using safelists. Arguably, there are more effective means of advertising, but each takes time to learn and have pitfalls to avoid. One thing I have learned is to promote using several methods and seeing which ones bring the best results.

Free Video Chat Service! Get Connected And Stay Connected!

Click Here!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

simply put it only requires 1 email address as opposed to safelists.

ive learned that from the capt. but some use enhanced viral mailers have also built-in traffic exchanges. like this forum has a viral mailer built-in to it.

thanks for asking

Interesting views. What are viral mailers?

• 6 months later...

Q. What are safelists and do they work? A. Safelists are a type of email marketing to a closed group of people. Here's how it works most of the time. Everyone who joins the safelists agrees to receive mail from other safelist members. Members of the safelist can send a certain number of emails to the list - usually one email per day. The email can be for anything ... it can be a pure ad, an article, almost anything. Email is sent via the safelist website. In other words, members do not download a mailing list but rather they send email after logging in to the safelist site. Some members can send more email than others. This is usually based on paying a fee or recruiting others or length of time as a member. Safelists do not work well. They expose you to tons of email solicitations and do not generally yield much in the way of results. Any results you do get from safelists are usually someone seeking something free. Sales results are very low. The reason that safelists don't work is that almost everyone who uses them registers with a free email account (such as Yahoo or Hotmail or Gmail) and then never checks that account. So, they get to send email but never really have to read any. There are some exceptions, but they are very few indeed. I would never recommend you paying to be on a safelist. Instead, focus that time and energy on more proven marketing methods. Never confuse effort with results. Safelists can take hours a day of effort but provide very little return on that time investment. http://trck.me/214155/banner.jpg

I do see what you are saying to give you a bit of credit but I agree with the lady that responded and gave Safelists a better name.. I do understand that they can be voluminous but then like any tool you have to learn to handle it. It is best to take a percentage view. if someone has seen your ad they are going to pass on by. That means the percentage approach is even more emphasized. not everyone will open an email and as I read in the intro the providers you use would

see to that..obviously some Safelist work better than others and they each target different markets as well as countries if you use a tracker. Being able to target a wide audience means you have first choice when pushing something new so one should have a bit of vision and know-how to ride the waves. When I started i was worried about having people to contact but finding out about safelists solved that problem. yes you mentioned that but everything has power if you build a bit of synergy into it. Right now I have a niche that I want to get promoted and safelists are not as prohibitive as some other platforms. I am excited by the fact that there are tools to help you navigate safelist's where other people actually see your ad. Remember the gold story , the man who gave up when one more dig would of given him victory. Take another look you might find more than you did last time.

Do you really think this is true?  If so how do they stay in business?  And how do they manage to enroll so many subcribers?  Someone must be looking at all those ads that go out.

Also, unless you are a paid member, you have to read those emails to get credits to send your own mail.  Why would we all be taking the time to use them if they don't work?

No, its not true. I have done them and owned them since January of year 2000.

People would not buy memberships, even on ALL of mine, repeatedly if they did not work.

YES you get other offers (email ads) but this is your target audience.

They join programs.

They promote programs.

They add more programs to their roster.

PHP Programmer - Internet Marketer - Web Designer - Advertising Network Owner

Celebrating 22 years in business - Since 1998

https://webstars2k.com

Interesting views. What are viral mailers?

The very same thing as a safelist.

"Mailer" is just another name for them that started in the early 2000's. No one knows who started calling them that.

Then "viral" was added to it around 2009 or so. Its not "viral", its just another name to try and set it apart from "safelist" I assume. (Just a selling tactic)

PHP Programmer - Internet Marketer - Web Designer - Advertising Network Owner

Celebrating 22 years in business - Since 1998

https://webstars2k.com