#21 mrclean0325

mrclean0325

Medium

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • LocationPA, USA

Posted 02 August 2016 - 07:12 PM

In my experience - don't bother with anything to do with MMO on a "free" platform. On a lot of them posting any affiliate link is against the TOS and you are toast. Even if they THINK it is an affiliate link. If they don't like your content - you are toast. Basically for any reason you might not think is bad, they can terminate you. Everything is gone at that point.

Even with Facebook, a lot of people rely on their groups and fan pages. Most don't realize Facebook can, and has, taken over ones that get a lot of traffic and they are out in the cold.

Remember, you are "cyber-squatting" on their property and they control it and can change it at any time.

On the customer side, I have a hard time believing the free Wix, Weebly, Blogger, or other free sites telling me how much money they can make me or they make when they can't even afford a website with real hosting. You also see them disappear pretty quick on the safelists and TEs when they get too much traffic... :rolleyes:

"Just because it quacks, don't make it a duck..."

Discover over 100 sites to make a bit of cash...

CLICK HERE TO CHECK IT OUT!

#22 Steve Man

Steve Man

Gettin' Comfy

• Bronze
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationLondon UK

Posted 21 August 2016 - 05:49 PM

Hey Matt I find most blogs are just dribble and no use full information and maybe some have entertainment value.  I personal think the time devoted to blogs could be spent better else where marketing wise.

To Your Sucess
Steve Man :D

Take your marketing to the next level with Referral Frenzy.

http://tinyurl.com/frenzy8048

#23 Steve Man

Steve Man

Gettin' Comfy

• Bronze
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationLondon UK

Posted 21 August 2016 - 05:53 PM

You don't  most people run out of steam after the first Blog then just dribble comes out. There time would be spent much better doing other forms of marketing.

To Your Sucess
Steve Man :D

Take your marketing to the next level with Referral Frenzy.

http://tinyurl.com/frenzy8048

#24 Kevin J Timothy

Kevin J Timothy

Mild

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay, Florida

Posted 23 August 2016 - 01:14 PM

I try to post hubs on Hubpages and my personal site...maybe 2-3 times each month. 

But more time should be spent on promoting your old (but evergreen) articles/videos/etc. 

#25 chrystalia

chrystalia

Gettin' Comfy

• Bronze
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 06 September 2016 - 01:01 AM

My motto: Write Daily. Keep everything. Let Posting take care of itself.

1. Write daily. Every day, without fail, I write up and save anywhere from 2-5 "things"--poems, sales letters, articles, short stories, it doesn't matter what. Like old school pen and paper writers, I keep "the trunk" full. That way, when I need something fast, or inspiration, or an idea has marinated long enough, it's there. All writers have a trunk--mine just happens to be a 2TB external hard drive, with full double encryption :-). I even keep the journal in there.

2. I keep EVERYTHING. Because I have been writing 37 years now, off and on--and I have used things I wrote 2 decades ago probably a dozen times in the last few years, when filling orders for clients. Before computers, I had speckled composition books filled with observations, thoughts, aphorisms, and useless trivia (and I still have those notebooks, BTW).  You never know when something will come in handy, or fit beautifully with that crazy idea you had 5 years ago, or be the answer to a plothole that has been annoying you for years. So save it all. Digital storage is cheap.

3. When I get the new site operational, in the beginning I will be posting regularly--but it won't be "me" all the time, per se. I already have about 50 evergreen articles in my chosen niche stored away, that can be optimized seven ways to Sunday for a huge variety of keywords. Those will be set up to autopost once a week. "I" will be writing in between, as and if needed--but mostly promoting the site through posting on social media, disqus, Reddit, and everywhere else, and engaging members in the comment and forum sections.

In my experience, your readers will let you know how often you need to post-- if, for instance, your readers fully engage your content with comments, observations, and questions, you can use their feedback to decide what to write next and how quickly to deliver it. My M.O. is usually to under-promise and over-deliver, so people stay very happy. Ideally, you want your readers actively suggesting new topics, and actively asking you when your next post will be live. But it can take a while to get there :-). 

At the least, once a month. Preferred, once a week (with no direct duplication multiple places, take the extra ten minutes to manually "spin" your content. simply re-posting the same article everywhere looks bad). Ideally, once a week posting, the rest of the week engaging commentators on your own site and elsewhere while the next masterpiece is patiently waiting to be autoposted LOL.

Fortune Favors The Bold! http://fortunestraffic.com

Fortunes Traffic--for Zubees, Promos, Fun, and Traffic.

Interested in Hard Rock Gold Mining? Check Out My Other Half's You Tube Channel -- https://www.youtube....jigBC5GgEjEANLQ

#26 felgall

felgall

Solid Ground

• Bronze
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 07:32 PM

I have daily blog posts on each of my blogs (they are evergreen topics so some days it is simply reminding people of pages added some time ago so not always about new content.

I also regularly visit forums on related topics and answer posts there.

regards,
Stephen Chapman

Club Membership: http://memsite.club/
Learn JavaScript: http://javascriptexample.net/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: blogs, ezines, articles

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users