#41 mrclean0325

mrclean0325

Medium

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • LocationPA, USA

Posted 18 June 2017 - 03:27 PM

Yes, list building is important to building something sustainable though many fail at building a well monetized list. In my opinion building a list is very much like building a blog. You have to niche down to something you can post good relevant content in a niche that can be monetized. Essentially every email in your autoresponder is a "post" and should give good content and a recommendation (affiliate link). Just like a blog, you have to produce good valuable content to send out in a niche you know well. It is easy enough to get people to sign up. To keep them, and have them buy stuff, is a whole other ballgame. Especially if they sign up interested in the traffic clickbait you use then you switch gears on them and send them stuff they may not be interested in. This is why the more successful email marketers have their lists subdivided - A list for MMO people, a list for health people, a list for diet people, a list for exercise people, etc. and send each list valuable content for that interest along with recommendations and such.

Sending people interested in MMO diet stuff usually doesn't work well in the long run.

Most of the list building I see done are "one trick ponies", the clickbait is for a single program and they have one or two emails for it then not much or you get hammered about the single program with the same emails every day. Like, if they haven't bought yet - I will keep sending them emails until they do. Of course there are the ones who try to use their list to promote everything under the sun and just think sending the "next shiny object" email will get them sales.

Just think about the lists you stay on and why you keep reading them. Also think about the lists you don't stay on and why you unsubscribe. 

"Just because it quacks, don't make it a duck..."

Discover over 100 sites to make a bit of cash...

CLICK HERE TO CHECK IT OUT!

#42 Bruno Duarte

Bruno Duarte

Medium

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 23 June 2017 - 01:08 PM

I guess, a combination of both is the ideal.

5MF_2_468x60.gif.gif

#43 market101

market101

Smokin'

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 July 2017 - 10:44 AM

There are many comments above about TEs being past their prime.  Meanwhile we are all being bombarded with new cryptocurrency sites.  I notice that many of the bitcoin sites allow you to surf for microscopic amounts of bitcoin and then you can advertise your site.  Are bitcoin sites the new TEs?

There are two ways to face the future. One way is
with apprehension; the other is with anticipation  .

#44 Bruno Duarte

Bruno Duarte

Medium

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 05 July 2017 - 04:32 PM

Im still not into bitcoin and this type of currency yet....maybe im too old-fashioned for this particular trend...

5MF_2_468x60.gif.gif

#45 mrclean0325

mrclean0325

Medium

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • LocationPA, USA

Posted 06 July 2017 - 02:36 AM

Im still not into bitcoin and this type of currency yet....maybe im too old-fashioned for this particular trend...

Don't feel alone. It is scary enough when paper money isn't really backed by anything but the government. These have even less backing than that and now that the regulators are getting involved, who knows....

#46 captkirk

captkirk

Never Give in! and Never Quit!

• Moderators
  • 2,701 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 July 2017 - 05:14 AM

You're not alone, I'm still not into bitcoin. I have joined several sites but I don't get it yet. :ph34r:

#47 vginasands

vginasands

Solid Ground

• Bronze
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 03:25 PM

I think people need to be very careful with the Bitcoin frenzy.  History does not always repeat itself.  Since most people don't understand the whole Bitcoin marketplace there is a lot of room for Scam Artist to profit from this new Millionaire Maker. Some of these offers speak to the Bernie Madoff syndrome - just greed - no real subsctance.

I would suggest that before you spend your money on this new currency - do your due dilligence and check out the people who are creating these new Bitcoin Exchanges, traffic sources that only pay in Bitcoins and new "get rich quick with Bitcoin programs.  

As far as Traffic Exchanges, I did some research and these programs have flourished onine because they draw a large group of people who think they can get traffic for nothing. I have used them so I am guilty but also want to move my marketing into the 21st century.  Trafifc exchanges are horse and buggy marketing .. they no longer make sense.  Manual marketing unless you are on the telephone is just a waste of precious money and time.

"With a traffic exchange, your traffic is not looking for what you have to sell.  These individuals are disengaged.  People using traffic exchanges have have their own agenda - not looking for your product - they are trying to sell their product.  The nature of the traffic is people looking to “click for pennies”, they are not reading your content, They are forced to look at your site so they can get x number of people to look at their site.  This is NOT targeted traffic but random viewers, not actively searching for a solution, and they are not looking to buy from you..

I really get upset when a major marketer or major program like WorldProfit  proclaims that they have the secret to unlimited traffic and then they show  a list of 20-30 traffic sources which are all interconnected traffic exchanges sites, you join one and then you are taken to another one and another one.  What a waste. You start getting so many emails that you only have time to read not market your own produc.   In addition when you use these programs you notice that you see the same programs advertised over and over again .  Usually the programs that you see are from the vendor who told you that these traffic sources were legitimate.  (HUH)

Who has the time or even the money to spend on these programs.  If a marketer is part time, he has little time or patience to click on all these random sites trying to get traffic or build a downline.

The people who really benefit from these exchanges are the owners.   That is why they are so prolific there is money to be made  Someone reported that they made $250,000 using Traffic Exchanges, I would like to analyze that data and the time spent "exchanging information".  You would almost need a Virtual assistant who did nothing all day but click and read and delete messages.  I think automation is the name of the game.  

Social Media is the new Traffic Exchange.  The big boys or should I say "The Real Big Dogs of Internet Marketing are rolling out software daily that automates lead generation, product launches, you can market to a huge number of prospect with the click of a button.  If you had a choice as tohow to get leads and expand your reach... would you really choose  a manual traffic exchange? 

Just m, 02 cents or less

#48 mrclean0325

mrclean0325

Medium

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • LocationPA, USA

Posted 06 July 2017 - 06:15 PM

I do tend to agree with most of what you are saying. Though I don't think traffic exchanges will go away anytime soon. This is from using them and observing them for a number of years. They are really the only option for folks with little money to advertise to be able to have a chance to earn a little bit extra from their own "sweat equity". Some use them to earn enough to go to other methods and others have built up a decent business and income from using them.

Sure there are the other "free" ways to advertise like forum marketing, comment marketing, SEO, and the like... but they are more a game of chance that someone will find your link and click it.

As far as social networks go, I have seen a lot of different programs to get leads and sales come and go. The idea of going to where the most people are is the main driving force behind them.

The problem I see is just about everyone on Facebook is looking to have some fun and see what their friends post. I don't know many who go to Facebook and think, "I will find something to make money here" or "Let me look up that product I am thinking about buying". Even if you have a large number in your friends list, even a single post doesn't mean but a small percentage of them will see your post the way Facebook works.

Most marketers I have in my list on LinkedIn post biz ventures, but most people use it to find new or different jobs. How truly effective their marketing is I don't really know....but I am sure you can purchase their course on LinkedIn marketing to make a mint. :D

I think it all boils down to what you use and get good at working. I see too many people try to get good at everything all at once and get overwhelmed in the process. With any of them using the mindset of "I will post this once and make a lot of money" is what causes many to not see any results in anything.

#49 rpsmith

rpsmith

Hot

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 07:04 PM

I am going to be blunt here and I do not mean to offend. After all, I do still dabble with TEs, but I really do not see the value in Traffic Exchanges. I have tried for years now to understand how and why they survive and for the first time I have read someone make a comment that kinda makes sense. None-the-less, it all still mostly seems to me like everyone promoting the same old offers with perhaps the occasional unique and worthwhile product or service.

Of course it has to be said though that there are also some very clever and innovative Traffic Exchanges that have stepped beyond just surfing for credits. My big concern as a paying advertiser would be am I getting my monies worth if people are just mindlessly clicking for credits to promote their own offers.

Maybe I am missing something still...

I tend to agree with you on the issue of TE's. I have long questioned their value as sources of potential buyers. I have had better results from safelists. Though the use of them can be a time consuming issue in and of itself. I tend to veer towards content marketing, and trying to create mailing lists of my own. Mostly I use paid advertising sources now. My results from that has been much better. I tend to shop around.

To Suceed online you need leads to make sales!

Get them from Google+ and Twitter! Free Trial!

Click Here!

#50 Zanezim

Zanezim

Solid Ground

• Bronze
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 04:29 PM

I'm in 100 % favor of getting referrals for traffic exchanges. The less surfing you have to do!

#51 Maryanne Myers -Webstars2K

Maryanne Myers -Webstars2K

Gettin' Comfy

• Bronze
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 04:52 PM

Are bitcoin sites the new TEs?

No, as many are not into crypto yet. 8 years isn't long enough to do such as massive change. It took forever many, many years before stores even made a website on the internet - I mean that it was a common thing to do so (and before that happened some even laughed that it would be needed). So not the new TE (yet at least, until the late adopters are in, but still doubt it would completely replace anything).

PHP Programmer - Internet Marketer - Web Designer - Advertising Network Owner

Celebrating 21 years in business - Since 1998

https://webstars2k.com

#52 marketpon

marketpon

Solid Ground

• Bronze
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 11:51 AM

What is the best free sties which you use and referral grow

0 user(s) are reading this topic