Marketing Checkpoint

Community Rules

Matt Koshko

Blanket statement: Play nice, play fair, be respectful.

As a member of our community you are expected to follow the rules. Most importantly, the use of common sense plays a factor. But, to make sure everyone is on a level playing field, here's how we have structured the community.

RESPECT. Whether you're a seasoned professional or a brand new marketer, we treat everyone with the same respect and expectations. You are welcome to bring your opinions, just be respectful.

Administrators: These are individuals in the community who oversee all content and decisions, ultimately making sure all is running smooth. Administrators are real people, too.

Moderators: Individuals labeled as Moderators help maintain appropriate content. They may move articles, topics, replies, comments, etc. without notice, but they also follow the same guidelines. We rely heavily on our Moderators to help be the first stage when an issue arises. And if you have a question, feel free to ask them.

Discussions: This is the heart of the community content sharing where you are free to engage through questions, experiences, and the long list of categories. Do your best to fit your topic and replies in the appropriate categories, and if Admins/Mods think they are better suited elsewhere, we'll make the change.

Users who repeatedly make short posts that are meaningless just as a qualification to earn rewards will be banned from posting. Please make sure that you are making posts that contribute to the discussion.

Discussion Signatures: Branding is important. We want you to build yourself as the sought-after professional. You may utilize a forum signature to showcase yourself with a short bio or other kind of catchy content. You may use one banner, no taller than 90px, and one affiliate link.

Affiliate Links: Generally affiliate links are off-limits unless otherwise specified. However, because of our unique mailing opportunity as well as the ability to advertise banners, you are still able to get in front of people with your advertisements.

Adult Content: Sorry, wrong place to share. Simply put, if you're caught sharing content of this kind in any way, consider yourself banned permanently.

Private Messaging: Privately contacting members is a valuable capability but is monitored carefully. Spamming your links, mass messaging, and otherwise harassing members will get you blocked from this capability indefinitely.

Foul Language: Western culture has decided there is an ever-growing list of insulting, foul, and "bad" words that make people uncomfortable. Intentionally utilizing such language against someone else may result in censorship and/or warnings. Your reputation will take a hit; think before posting.

The "Program Threads" forum has it's own rules. Please read them here.

Hustle. Do everything in your power to reach beyond your goals.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello Matt, how are you?

How does reputation points work?  I could not find any where it is listed.  Is there a place I missed?

Thanks,

Phyllis

You earn reputation when people press the green upvote icon on the bottom right of your posts, and you lose reputation when they press the red downvote icon.

Founder of Marketing Checkpoint

My Blog

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have now added the following statement to the Rules:

Users who repeatedly make short posts that are meaningless just as a qualification to earn rewards will be banned from posting. Please make sure that you are making posts that contribute to the discussion.

Founder of Marketing Checkpoint

My Blog

• 2 weeks later...

I Fully agree with this post as I`m very New here I promised to follow all the rules set by the site Owner/Admin

Regards

Pastor Gabriel Helene

We wouldn't expect anything less from the Pastor. :)

• 2 months later...

I have now added the following statement to the Rules:

Please take Darren warning to heart. I'm deleting posts and next will start limiting offenders from posting in the forum all together.

An example of what we're talking about:

- Thanks

- me to

- :)

- Right

- Etc...

• 5 weeks later...

Great rules to be enforced. I like to see structure that we all have to follow in order to maintain a certain respect in the community. The boundaries and guidelines make a big difference, we are all here for knowledge sharing with each other the mindset to improving each others skillset that requires a special focus to learning in building meaningful relationships to better provide the foundation in being a great asset to the community. Thanks Darren Olander for providing a great community for all of us so that we can provide and learn from the community.

Great rules to be enforced. I like to see structure that we all have to follow in order to maintain a certain respect in the community. The boundaries and guidelines make a big difference, we are all here for knowledge sharing with each other the mindset to improving each others skillset that requires a special focus to learning in building meaningful relationships to better provide the foundation in being a great asset to the community. Thanks Darren Olander for providing a great community for all of us so that we can provide and learn from the community.

1. "Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success." --Henry Ford

• 2 weeks later...