Marketing Checkpoint

People Need To Be Warned!

Thomas H. Keoppel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes I have found this on all my sites when I approve members emails.

My thoughts are that when the text you post directly after the link or the quote does not have a space then the program you are posting to thinks it is either part of the text or the quote.

I have seen the same thing on Facebook when you are posting a comment to a post and you include someone name it automatically searches user names and changes it to a link so you have to add a space to prevent the link.

I wonder how long though before the programs catch up and realise people are using spaces to keep the message how they meant it to be, and it gets changed to suit the programs instead of the user.

Hi Thomas,

I noticed on a couple of sites that the personalisation does not work if you include an exclamation mark directly after the [first_name] or what ever the code is. However, leaving a space after the bracket and then adding the exclamation mark appear to work fine. Strange. Have you noticed this?

Best regards and looking forward to hearing from you soon, John.

thanks for sharing

• 3 weeks later...

Is this true for all mailers or just a specific script? In the first post, it was mentioned the script owner should warn people.

Also, having a preview option would be really helpful, like that suggestion.

Earn upto $200 a day.. start with as little as $5!

This is changing the RevShare industry..

https://mypayingads.com/page/landing/2/156807

• 3 months later...

It's not true for all mailers (safelists). It depends on the programming done in it. If a replicated script (sold script to many sites) if one does it they all most likely do it on all the sites with that script. On almost all of my sites you can use apostrophe's and quotation marks, even glyphs in the subject line. It's very simple on the programming side to be able to do it, but you have to know how, and its not some sort of security issue at all if you know what to do to combat the hacker beasts.

BTW personalization is just a code word. Like you can put Hi [bUNNY] and behind the scenes it grabs the name, if the site tells you to use BUNNY. You dont even need brackets even, you just have to not assume every site uses the same code words. Its whatever a site wants to use. Personalization is not the same everywhere, its not some Universal thing I mean. I see members put Hi [Firstname] on ads and my scripting ignores it because its just a code word for another site. It would not work unless the specific site says to use it.

PHP Programmer - Internet Marketer - Web Designer - Advertising Network Owner

Celebrating 22 years in business - Since 1998

https://webstars2k.com