Marketing Checkpoint

Standard Emails vs List Solo

Steve Jones

I think we should start a campaign to rid the internet of Standard Emails!  To me, once again, they are Spam.  Our agreement is that to send emails, we need to read emails to collect enough credits to mail to the other members.  So, why do we get a Standard Email?  We get no credits.  We did not agree to get "no credit" emails.  They do not help us achieve our goal.  There may have been a time that these were useful, but they are just an irritation these days!

List Solos.  They are starting to be an option on some sites.  At least you get credits, and more credits than a regular List Email.  You do have to pay a small fee of around a buck, but there's also an added benefit for the reader and some sites have more members than others so you get a good bang for your buck.  These make much more sense than Standard Emails to me.  

What do you think?

I'd have to agree that standard emails are pretty useless now. I think some sites have them or keep them because either they've had them forever already, or it just comes with the script so it is a feature they've kept. Telling such owners that you only want credit mails may get them to change up how they are running their site.

Founder of Marketing Checkpoint

My Blog

I agree with Darren about the standard mailers.  Some of the older scripts have this option as a default so I assume most owners just leave it as it is.

I think solo mails are great as long as the owner doesn't abuse it.  Selling too many solo ads just diminishes the effectiveness of the regular credit emails.  If you can earn enough credits in a day from just reading solo ads why bother with the rest?

I agree with Darren about the standard mailers.  Some of the older scripts have this option as a default so I assume most owners just leave it as it is.

I think solo mails are great as long as the owner doesn't abuse it.  Selling too many solo ads just diminishes the effectiveness of the regular credit emails.  If you can earn enough credits in a day from just reading solo ads why bother with the rest?

Great point Jerry. I'm not a fan of solos personally - which is why I don't sell them at my sites - I mean if you want to reach the whole membership just have enough credits or upgrade.. BUT if you are to sell solos I feel the credits people earn for reading them should be the same as regular credit mails (unless you send like only one or two solos per day, then it's probably ok) so users won't feel a need to completely ignore regular credit mails.

For example, I've seen sites where I received dozens of solo ads per day and they offered 10 times the credits as the regular credit mails - so in that case why would I ever read the regular credit mails when I can just read all the solos and earn way more credits?

Founder of Marketing Checkpoint

My Blog

• 10 months later...

It's right Darren, I have some sites where I read only solo ads, because the credits for a link are too low and I consider that I waste my time to surf credit links. If would not be a great difference between one and another, normally I should read both of them.

http://www.1001nightsmailer.com - a paid membership site which allows free members too!

http://www.pizzasafelistmailer.com - my first safelist mailer site!

• 1 month later...

I agree i've quit a few sites that I was getting dozens of solo ads from. I didn't want to have to pay extra to send the solo ads myself but figured nobody was reading the credit links with so many solo ads coming in. Seems like i was on the right track.

The 10K Challenge is the easiest to follow step-by-step training system and funnel that you've ever seen. Just give it a chance it is completely free there are no upgrades available in this. There is a downline builder of over 60 top mailers, many with promo codes to ensure you start strong with tons of advertising. The 2 Phase Video Training containing 4 levels of clear step by step training and support is unlike any of the others. You'll see the difference and power the minute you login. You'll be impressed and excited.

• Join Now
  • Add me on Google+ or other social network
  • Let me know you're serious and I'll stop promoting me and start promoting your link instead
  • Contact me

http://the10kchallenge.com/images/promo/468x60_03.gif

• 2 months later...

I have to agree with all of you.  Solo Ads are rapidly replacing email ads.  Whether or not people read them or just click on them for the points would be an interesting debate.  But, what about bulk email?  We seem to be shying away from that subject.

There are two ways to face the future. One way is
with apprehension; the other is with anticipation  .

I'm only using safelists that reward me with credits for every email I read.  I agree with Jerry, if people just scan for 'solo' in their inbox because they know they get much more credits , regular credit emails can get lower results.

You're invited to my NEW site List Impact.

http://www.listimpact.com/affiliate/banners/468x60b.jpg

Want me to build a profitable advertising site for you? Contact me.
I have a "done-for-you service" for serious marketers (limited).

• 3 weeks later...

I always just assume that the more it costs, the better it probably is lol :)

Free standard emails = probably not very good.

Credit emails = a bit better as there is incentive to click my link

List Solo = A bit better than credit mails

Contact solo = the grandaddy because it goes right to peoples main contact email and costs the most.