Marketing Checkpoint

Who Likes Email Marketing?

You are asking some very good questions here. I am building a following where ever I can so I keep growing my mailing lists while making new contacts, exploring new marketing strategies and sharing my insights.

Some of the tools I use are quite well built , easy to use, and FREE for you to get at Build-my-Biz-Online.

Grow-Your-List-&-Income is one List Building Program I like to recommend for its viral nature, its great value and profitability - you pay $10 once and make $10 for each and every sale you make. For that you also get a whole library of 100 ebooks you can brand with your own CB ads. You also get a FB fan page maker, a List Builder and a built-in Mailing Program. Your $10 commission goes instantly into your own PayPal account ... I can even show you how to set up an affiliate system where you can offer to pay $5 for every sale they will bring to you ... :) 

The main problem I have noticed with email marketing is undeliverability by so many of the email providers. The other issue has to do with keeping your list fresh so they actually look forward to receiving the next message from you. For that you have to think of good information you can provide more often than just sending out promotional offers all the time.

To create a dialog with your list members, send them some questions, start a discussion and get them to respond to you so you have a better understanding of what they really want and expect from you so they will not just ignore your messages or even simply remove themselves from your list - makes sense, eh? 

Franto Hruz in Toronto

-- == Join me at the Viral Marketing Centre for some advanced strategies and mutual support == --

Skype - franto.hruz / Twitter - @f_hruz 

I like email marketing because it is inexpensive ( mostly free).  What's not to like?  I have a large list and the majority of people do not want to spend more than a few dollars.

There are two ways to face the future. One way is
with apprehension; the other is with anticipation  .

• 3 weeks later...

For those using email marketing, you may want to avoid what we call "list burn-out". It's when the people on your list get immune to your constant trying to squeeze money out of them by your endless offers, and offers, and offers. The best use of email marketing is not much "direct response", but "connecting, and building long term relationship with those people in your list."

Get blogging, get others blogging, and get paid... www.GomerMagtibay.net

For those using email marketing, you may want to avoid what we call "list burn-out". It's when the people on your list get immune to your constant trying to squeeze money out of them by your endless offers, and offers, and offers. The best use of email marketing is not much "direct response", but "connecting, and building long term relationship with those people in your list."

I totally agree there.

I use a lot email marketing. It is a very cheap way to spread the world with your promotions.

You can use it with Traffic Exchanges, safelist and all those that you can reach. But without spamming.

:D

Get 60 to 120 Dollars Daily to Your PayPal Account

http://www.infoproduct69.com/6millions/splash6m-2.html

Gomer's got it right.  Most of us are sick and tired of receiving emails every day from the same advertiser.  Many of you have a list.  I hope you are not wearing them out by over-doing it with your ads.

I have a private list called the "ACTIVE PLAYERS"  List.   I promise all the members when they sign up, that I will not send more than 1 email per month and I KEEP MY PROMISE!

It is very rare that anyone leaves this list.  Of course it helps to have good content :)

There are two ways to face the future. One way is
with apprehension; the other is with anticipation  .

Gomer's got it right.  Most of us are sick and tired of receiving emails every day from the same advertiser.  Many of you have a list.  I hope you are not wearing them out by over-doing it with your ads.

I have a private list called the "ACTIVE PLAYERS"  List.   I promise all the members when they sign up, that I will not send more than 1 email per month and I KEEP MY PROMISE!

It is very rare that anyone leaves this list.  Of course it helps to have good content :)

Very good points Solid Ground

• 4 weeks later...
The main problem I have noticed with email marketing is undeliverability by so many of the email providers.

This is not a problem of the email providers but a problem with the tools You use....

The cheap autoresponders that are only used by Affiliates and MLMers ususally

are blacklisted by the email providers because they flood their servers with mails

that trigger every Spam Filter and are full of affiliate links...

It is also a problem today when Your autoresponder claims Your mail is coming from You@YourBusiness.com

or someone@gmail.com while it is being send from massmailer@cheapautoresponder.com

Some provoiders will not deliver mail that has a "faked" header information.

Deliverability only depends on the reputation of the sending server and your content!

In my experienc it is the best to not send any affiliate links in your list mailings. You get SPAM flagged

and your readers unsubscribe when You send out ads! If they wanted to read ads they would have joined a safelist !

Only send them REAL content. Then let them click through to a website for more...

There You can do pre-sellling and put your affiliate link...

Increrases deliverability, Increases the time your subscribers stay subscribed,

increases open rates and best of all: It Increases Conversions.

DON'T sell... Help out!

Don't force them or ask them to buy - ALLOW them to buy at the bototm of great

content on your site !

• 2 weeks later...

I have somewhat of a love/hate relationship with email marketing. Yes, it can be effective if you have enough ad sites to make a dent in the industry, but it is also so very expensive to join and upgrade PLUS the costs go even higher when you start looking at login page ads, banners, solo ads, etc.

Another downside is the consistancy and repetition required before you even think about turning a profit. From my experience it is an absolutel MUST to mail at least once a day over and over again, to not only get your message out, but also brand your name and build some trust.

What advice do I have? Join different ad sites, test, hopefully make a few bucks, and then allocate a decent size chunk of those profits back into testing new ad sites.

I love email marketing!

I haven't met too many business owners that don't like it.

In fact, I've met more business owners that discount

email marketing than those that actually don't like it. 

Email technology is quite trendy and sources project

the usage of it to be astronomical in just a few years.

It's an efficient way to reach the masses (provided

that you own a list) unlike direct mail.

That stuff you find in your post box from time to

time is a total hit and miss.  Most people won't even

read that stuff - because it was relatively random.

Funny how brick and mortar companies can "spam" my

post box but spam complaints can arise from email.

You can't knock the automation of email marketing.

But again you should have your own list of folks that

agreed to get communication from you.

I do not like email marketing as its pretty troublesome at times. The messages within the campaign could get

"outdated" over a period of time. Also there is a need to broadcast often or else the list turn "stale" and the subscribers "disappeared"

However, there is no choice but to utilize tools such as this in order to stay competitive in the market.

My previous experiences with Imnica, TrafficWave, aWeber and now 12 Second Commute shows that there are good and bad email system too else I won't be changing so many times. Fortunately, as Platinum Member of 12SC, all my campaigns, ad trackings, capture page creation are now unlimited, thus reducing so much cost!

"Friendship is the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person, having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words." - George Eliot

Have a Day of Abundance & Happiness!

Make Money Smartly Blog

• 1 month later...

I do not like email marketing as its pretty troublesome at times. The messages within the campaign could get

"outdated" over a period of time. Also there is a need to broadcast often or else the list turn "stale" and the subscribers "disappeared"

However, there is no choice but to utilize tools such as this in order to stay competitive in the market.

My previous experiences with Imnica, TrafficWave, aWeber and now 12 Second Commute shows that there are good and bad email system too else I won't be changing so many times. Fortunately, as Platinum Member of 12SC, all my campaigns, ad trackings, capture page creation are now unlimited, thus reducing so much cost!

Yes I hear you, I have sort of given up on email now, even though I had over 2,000 opt ins I din't make a dime after months of trying.

You might want to find out why and whether something you did is not getting the results you want. As for myself, I am not making great money but every now and then, I earn some pocket money. I guess its still working afterall. :)

"Friendship is the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person, having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words." - George Eliot

Have a Day of Abundance & Happiness!

Make Money Smartly Blog

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Email marketing is one of the best ways to keep in touch with your list, however, you must first have a list to email to. so before you can get into email marketing, you must first learn to market online with a strategy of building that list in the first place.

Kinda like, which came first; the chicken or the egg. lol

Later

Robert

For traffic exchanges, I use email marketing as an attention grabber to get one email in their hands, since I know future email campaigns (to the same list) will have much lower response. If I can structure that message to keep them reading and plant a seed so they see me as a trusted advisor (instead of a pushy pitch man), the next time they see a new squeeze page of mine they will get curious. You actually can build a following on a traffic exchange if you work at it, which is why I only use one to concentrate my effort. Then I have one simple link to my own website at the bottom. Not massive traffic, but much higher quality. Don't kid yourself, there are plenty of prime prospects on traffic exchanges that need help and are willing to pay for it.

sig.jpg