Marketing Checkpoint

What About Traffic Monsoon?

Most if not all revenue share sites are scams from the start, and just cause problems with paypal for the honest owners. The real problems is not the scam sites but the members that run to every high flying new scam site that opens, because they think they can get a piece of the scam. A perfect example of this, is the first few posters in this forum thread, take the time, go reread the first page. There are many sites that have been in business for more than ten years that pay every month that do not have many members, why because the scam seekers avoid them!

I believe Traffic Monsoon was a very good program for quite awhile to many people, but I never wanted to join there because the owner is appearantly a serial scammer from the review I chose to believe when I looked at it long ago. I'm not sure if that's the case but it certainly does seem like he ended up running with the money from TM as well. 

The review I read mentioned he was behind a large number of scam sites and always ended up taking the money. That being said he is certainly good at marketing, might be because he's made a gatrillion dollars from scams to use for promoting new things though :D 

I'm not sure where he is at with law right now, I read some issues about that.. But in case he does launch something new I would take a look at it strictly from an advertising point of view - could I get value from the site by advertising something I believe in there? If yes then I'd consider it, I wouldn't be in it to try to earn and definately wouldn't promote it but that's just my opinion :)

That's the typical thing about scams I think, they'll often pay for awhile, the longer the better so that they can get more money to take in the end by having people promote (because they make money)...

Of course there are many typical revshares around with honest admins that do their best and don't want to take the money and run, the only issue here is how long it can work because they need to make a model that is as sustainable as possible and it would still fail sooner or later.

If you know what a revshare is and the risks involved and whatnot, but are not sure about the rest and you're looking to get into a revshare my advice would be to see what kind of packs they are offering and especially the number of downline levels.

If they for example offer a 12% commissions on lvl 1 referrals, 10% lvl 2 and anything like that it definately wont be sustainable for very long or it is simply something planning to scam early because there is no way they can pay people. If anything they would propably pay selectively so that some people can spread the word that they get thousands of dollars from it to bring more people, at least these are my thoughts on that matter  B)

Some resources I use can be found over here

i have lost huge amount there

A question though...

As you look back, there were surely signs that showed that this was not a legitimate income generating opportunity. I was "this close" to signing up.

What did you find to be the signs that led to you losing money in Traffic Monsoon, and it ending in failure?

Are you a member, why do you say it was a ponzi? I am just curious. You paid 50 for an advertisement. after 55 (approximately) days you got back 55. As part of the revenue sharing aspect. It was clearly stated that there was no guarantee that there would be revenue to share. Also from what I understand, the company had more money then it owed out on the revenue sharing part, hence no ponzi. There were other ways the site made money besides the revenue sharing part. 

Traffic monsoon would still be going strong if it wasn't for the govt. intervention. All revshares are different, some try to pay down multiple levels. TM didn't. It was a straight traffic exchange and no profit was guaranteed. Theres a big misconception here I think from people who weren't members and going by rumor. I bought all the traffic options on there and only one was in the revenue sharing. Other online businesses have faced the govt. in these types of cases before, some win some lose. We shall see. If it comes back I will be in there again. Driving traffic to my links and hopefully sharing in revenue.

Traffic monsoon would still be going strong if it wasn't for the govt. intervention. All revshares are different, some try to pay down multiple levels. TM didn't. It was a straight traffic exchange and no profit was guaranteed. Theres a big misconception here I think from people who weren't members and going by rumor. I bought all the traffic options on there and only one was in the revenue sharing. Other online businesses have faced the govt. in these types of cases before, some win some lose. We shall see. If it comes back I will be in there again. Driving traffic to my links and hopefully sharing in revenue.

Thanks Bobby, That's nice to hear. :)

Guest mrclean0325

It continues to amaze me when people don't do any research into things. They have no idea of what is legal or not. They have no idea of what a sustainable business model even is. It seems people will join any scam as long as there is a promise of big easy money and they do pay, at least initially.

Doing just quick a Google search, I found these two sites that have a good amount of information on them about the "what and why". There are way too many other programs that use a similar business model and I am sure they are in the SECs sites to get the same fate as Traffic Monsoon and the others who did the same thing in the past. Unfortunately, it won't stop until the consumer gets educated on what is a good and sustainable business model and what is legal or not. It doesn't matter what my or anyone elses "opinion" is about it - the law is the law and not knowing what is legal will get you into trouble.

This site goes into what has happened, and is happening, and seems to be updated regularly as there is new news.

http://hotmlmcompanies.com/traffic-monsoon-shut-down-by-sec/

This one goes into a bit more on the business model, Mr. Scovilles history, and other pertinent information.

https://taratalkstoday.blogspot.com/p/traffic-monsoon-scam.html

If after reading these, and hopefully doing some research on your own, you still think traffic Monsoon was a legal and sustainable business model - I wish you luck. I personally know too many people who have had their lives ruined by not knowing the law. Copyright, licensing of images, the FTC, the SEC, and many other ways you can be slammed pretty hard for thousands (sometimes hundreds of thousands) in fines and possible jail time.

Sure, people get away with a lot of crap online. At least this case is pretty visible and we can see what is happening. Unlike a lone website owner who got slammed with a $100,000 bill from Getty Images or another license holder of an image they thought was legal to use and their site disappears or using the wrong words in your sales page and the FTC fining you out of existence or getting caught using a "loophole" and getting your accounts shut down. These things happen all the time and we don't hear or know about them. We just ask in forums what happened to the site.

Do yourself a favor and just go the the SEC and the FTC websites and read about what is legal. it will really open your eyes.

Be safe out there! :)

Those sites are run by marketers. lol. Thats the old "this is a scam, join my scam routine"  If TM is found guilty then by law it was illegal. We shall see. There will be a lot of businesses that are going to fall under the microscope of the govt. Doesn't make them scams. Nobody got ripped off at TM, you paid 50 dollars for traffic and it was delivered. I think most of the members were happy with TM.