Marketing Checkpoint

Popups in traffic exchanges?

While I agree that pop ups have a place when used correctly. I would beware of popups as a rule. I have noted that a few of them contain phishing or malware scripts in them. I haven't seen many in a while, but it is always good to keep your security software up to date. When I run into one nowadays, my security programs block them.

Free Video Chat Service! Get Connected And Stay Connected!

Click Here!

pop ups are really annoying. also annoying are ads by te owners on sites where after loggin user gets bombarded with upgrade offer variety click after click before he /she actual starts to surf

Nope they don't bother me at all, it's part of doing business with them. If a person don't like it they have a choice. Start their own business or just don't use the sites.

BTW, I did start my own business! :)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I treat pop-ups as inevitable evil. In each field of activity there are problematic places. The miners, for example, do not have everything smooth with security.  :)

I think that this is an inconvenience that can be tolerated. Another question - the effectiveness of pop-ups. They irritate users. I think advertisers themselves should refuse to use them.

• 5 months later...

If the popups are not aggressive then it's o.k as marketing use these as a modal for their CTA. The advertising is shrinking as the day goes by so every effort is made to keep the visitor on the site long enough to make a decision to buy or long enough to show you an ad in order to generate revenue.

What marketers should do is design their popup to be non intrusive - not to load to cover the content the visitor is obviously reading if could be like a flashing beacon in the top left hand corner that says "click here as soon as your are done viewing".

For traffic exchanges it's a distraction and would have to communicate exactly what the visitor is looking for otherwise it will become irrelevant and annoying.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I am cautious about pop ups these days. I have noted that there are some who use them for the scam "virus warning" I have warned about in another thread. I ran into one a few days ago. I also ran into one that was like the old "mouse trapping" pop ups seen years ago. The fact that they are still around is something of a surprise to me.

Free Video Chat Service! Get Connected And Stay Connected!

Click Here!

• 1 year later...