Marketing Checkpoint

Do you send your ads in color?

I wonder how many people take the time to send their ads in color on sites that allow HTML?

Marketing Checkpoint  is very easy. Everything you need is already here.

I always take the few seconds that it takes to send in color and even ad a picture.

There is no doubt that your recipients eyes are drawn more easily to color ads than black & white.

What say you?

http://emotions-are-stronger-than-intellect.blogspot.com

I don`t think it really matters for me, rather info in the message

I agree with many of the comments in this category. (Too numerous to mention).  Here is something I have been doing lately, where HTML is allowed, just post a picture.  Let's face it, since the web site is doing the selling, this saves the reader time.  Also, you might just print 1 word or 1 very short phrase that is designed to make the reader curious.

There are two ways to face the future. One way is
with apprehension; the other is with anticipation  .

I don`t think it really matters for me, rather info in the message

I agree that the message is super important, but if your contact never sees the message ........  I believe that it is our job to do the best that we can to lead the reader to the message.  It all starts with your subject line.  Is it compelling?  Does it make us curious.  OK, now they have clicked on it.  What are they seeing?  Is your message too long, too short or even boring.  Is it plain old black on white?  Here's where color and/or a photo can help.  There is no question that our attention is drawn to pictures before words.  My last comment:  Don't forget you only have a few seconds to grab someone's attention.  Make the most of it.

I wonder how many people take the time to send their ads in color on sites that allow HTML?

Marketing Checkpoint  is very easy. Everything you need is already here.

I always take the few seconds that it takes to send in color and even ad a picture.

There is no doubt that your recipients eyes are drawn more easily to color ads than black & white.

What say you?

http://emotions-are-stronger-than-intellect.blogspot.com

In emails, I use Plain text no color or pictures.

I like it plain and simple. If I'm not interested in your subject title, I don't care how much colors or pictures that you use in the body of the text.

Okay, I have been online a long and have seen it all or most of it. :)

In emails, I use Plain text no color or pictures.

I like it plain and simple. If I'm not interested in your subject title, I don't care how much colors or pictures that you use in the body of the text.

Okay, I have been online a long and have seen it all or most of it. :)

Tommie, I get it. You don't like it.  OK, but what about what the majority of people like.  You are selling to them, not to yourself.

Tommie, I get it. You don't like it.  OK, but what about what the majority of people like.  You are selling to them, not to yourself.

I didn't say that I didn't like it. I just use plain text in my emails.

I signup a lot of people with plain text, I guess they're more interested in what I'm offering. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I dont use much colour.

Bold, Italic, and sometimes background color. But Im a bit too carefull with it.

I also always heard rumours, expecially in Safelists that html usually might decrease in views because it can trigger spam.

Can anyone confirm this? or is it just a myth?

Best

Bruno

• 1 month later...

Whenever I can use color I will do the Title in color. Most people will not read the email unless there is something in the Title that gets their attention. I also found that when I am adding a list of benefits within an email, I like to add color to the specifics of each point. For example, if the benefit is 'use the mailer to promote your main business', I will do color for the specific benefit and bold text.

I find that people will glance at the title, maybe scan the email, and only click through if something stands out that they believe they need. I use low, non-glaring colors, usually red like above, or green or blue. For me, glaring color is a turn-off. I don't like bright yellow highlighting.

• 2 weeks later...

I think if used properly color makes ads more inviting and attractive. Same reason we don't have black and white tv anymore.

Pennerme makes an excellent point.  I have always believed that ads are more attractive if they are in color.  He points out that TVs are in color and of course professional ads are almost always in color.  I'm sticking with color in my HTML ads and on all sites that allow it.

I agree that the message is super important, but if your contact never sees the message ........  I believe that it is our job to do the best that we can to lead the reader to the message.  It all starts with your subject line.  Is it compelling?  Does it make us curious.  OK, now they have clicked on it.  What are they seeing?  Is your message too long, too short or even boring.  Is it plain old black on white?  Here's where color and/or a photo can help.  There is no question that our attention is drawn to pictures before words.  My last comment:  Don't forget you only have a few seconds to grab someone's attention.  Make the most of it.

Seems like most of us agree on the message being important. What about flashing banners?  When I see a bright flashing banner, it actually hurts my eyes and I delete it as quickly as possible.  Unfortunately I do not get to read the ad associated with it.

I tend to think colors are a good idea. Simple black and white makes it hard on the eyes when you look at this stuff for awhile. However, I also think that people need to learn what colors go together and which ones don't. I have seen some color ads that are hard to read or too much of an eye strain to try to read.

Free Video Chat Service! Get Connected And Stay Connected!

Click Here!

• 2 weeks later...

I always use  HTML/color when available.  My eyes are always drawn to color/pictures before I see the words.  I believe that the majority of people in the world  follow this pattern.  How many websites do you see in black &  white?   How about ads on TV?  Color or black and white?   Do you think there is a reason for this?   I think the professional ad people  who do this for a living sit around all day and figure out what works best and then test it and go with what their statistics tell them. Hence - color TV and color websites.

• 4 months later...

I have been experimenting with colors for a long time and have found that my color ads bring in more clicks than black and white.

• 1 year later...