Marketing Checkpoint

Do you Tweet?

wordsmatter2me

Does anyone use or know of platforms that help grow Twitter followers? Is this a good idea or should I keep it strictly organic???

Download FREE Dropship Detective Report - Learn the Secrets of Dropshipping Success.

I can recommend many things, but there are only a few things I can recommend with confidence.

Always looking for quality...

Does anyone use or know of platforms that help grow Twitter followers? Is this a good idea or should I keep it strictly organic???

Brian, there's a pretty good free program I use called YouLikeHits which will help you get followers for credits.

The followers aren't targetted, though, and I'd generally advise you use your YouLikeHits credits instead to get retweets, likes, etc. which will help you grow your following more organically.

The main advice I'd give about using Twitter as a traffic/referral tool is that you have to INCREASE YOUR USE OF IT in order to see your number of Followers rise. It's not something that you use sporadically. If you notice, the Google headline tag is , "Twitter. It's What's Happening". The key word being "Happening".  It's a moment to moment information stream about the happenings within the chosen pursuits of users' everyday lives. If you want to increase your engagement metrics (with number of Followers being a main quantifier), then you need to be in that homepage feed DAILY. At any given moment, twenty to thirty feed stream posts are occurring and it's just a ruthless user-barrage (lol!). You must be fleet of finger, and persistent of post to start to force your signal through that unruly onslaught of (potential) information overload.

​I've been a user since 2011, but it wasn't until these last few weeks that I was fully able to understand the real power of constant engagement and the reciprocal response on the platform. The more I posted throughout the day and night, the more the homepage feed profile gave what I was posting about weight, and consequently, attention. Whatever you do on Twitter has the potential to connect with someone, and you have to put in work daily to stay in the stream so that you do start to attract those that you have commonalities with. I ran an experiment named #AllNightTwitter (as I'm a natural insomniac and sleep MAYBE 3 hrs nightly), where I just ran wild posting, crazying out, and just having a good ol' time in general. But, I kept it within the pool of my divergent interests. I found that my engagement efforts netted me a triple-fold increase in the number of Followers I was able to attract and am still benefitting from that surge from the experiment.

​I find that when you're chronicling your efforts daily, you're getting increased exposure even in competition with all the other voices in the stream. The benefits don't just stop there. You'll start to get a more detailed overview of your daily operations and see the areas where your game needs work. As well, you'll start to get a natural sense of the posting ebbs and flows throughout the day and week, and can even prepare a blizzard of posts that can help you dominate the homepage feed during those daily ebb periods. Because of the clarity that this experiment brought me, I'm able to know how to drive traffic and convert signups to my brand-new publishing platform.

Great way to handle and participate in social sites.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

An often overlooked Twitter 'hack' is to make sure the main website you want people to visit is in your BIO rather than just the regular space Twitter provides for your website link.

People will only see the regular website link if they actually visit your full profile, but when Twitter recommends you to other users they will only see your bio...

Usually people will decide whether to follow or ignore you based on whether your bio grabs them, without necessarily visiting your full profile, so getting the bio right is paramount.

If you have a link in there, too, you can generate traffic from people who've never followed you or even visited your profile page!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I do have reasonable success using Twitter but it's taken me a long time to figure out what works and what doesn't.

I've tried various different approaches using multiple different accounts - some of those I really thought would work well have flopped.

For example, I've tried accounts specifically based around internet marketing, including accounts specifically and overtly designed to help people generate free traffic. Obviously, such accounts appeal to people in the work-from-home niche trying to make money online. In these accounts I've done lots of tweets recommending various free programs that I personally use to generate traffic and I imagined I'd get loads of uptake but the results were disappointingly poor.

I've also run more professionally-pitched accounts aimed at already-successful entrepreneurs, business people and folk in the 'success' field. These tweets were mostly posts linking to the kinds of articles such an audience would be interested in. I promoted more professional tools and services via links in my bio, direct messages to new followers and just the occasional tweet. Such accounts are less 'spammy' than the first example and yielded better results.

Right now I'm concentrating on a third methodology, which seems to be working quite well. I'm running an account based on a subject that I have a personal interest in and a lot of knowledge about (veganism). I would definitely recommend this since merely churning out tweets that you don't engage with will end up just being a drag in the longer term and you won't be able to keep up the momentum needed to provide quality content.

In this account I don't directly promote ANYTHING at all except a daily online newsletter which is basically a round-up of the top vegan news stories from around the web. All I have done is place 4 ads for a range of vegan products here and there throughout the newsletter and through these ads have sold over £200 of products in the last month - certainly not a huge profit but considering I've just started this, I expect it to grow over time and it has a lot of potential.

You can view the newsletter here to see what I mean, and see how I run the Twitter account here

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Totally agree, I have actually made a few good leads from 'X'.  I have started using threads and its so much more friendlier. https://www.threads.net/@haccp76_xyo_coin

I would suggest building up your Twitter  followers (which is now 'X') and strike up a 

friendship  with a few. Don't cram your ads down their throat send maybe two

or three a week. You can follow me here==>twitter.com

Thanks,

Randy Felts

:) FREE DOWNLOAD ACCESS: Unlimited Promo Codes for Unlimited FREE Traffic: CLICK HERE   :) Unlimted FREE Traffic Vault Rocks!!

Its funny this topic should come up. I used to tweet all the time.

I really got away from it.  I see it maybe becoming popular again

now that its not a place for nothing but grumbling lol.

It did need a good cleaning up.

Lets see how did i use twitter?

i would use it to place ads which is totally acceptable.  and i would

look at the hash tags and see what was popular.  If anything looked

appropriate for my ad I would use it.  And yeah it got my ad in the

first page at twitter sometimes.

Try it.

How does threads work for internet marketers?

OytX5V1.gif

The main advice I'd give about using Twitter as a traffic/referral tool is that you have to INCREASE YOUR USE OF IT in order to see your number of Followers rise. It's not something that you use sporadically. If you notice, the Google headline tag is , "Twitter. It's What's Happening". The key word being "Happening".  It's a moment to moment information stream about the happenings within the chosen pursuits of users' everyday lives. If you want to increase your engagement metrics (with number of Followers being a main quantifier), then you need to be in that homepage feed DAILY. At any given moment, twenty to thirty feed stream posts are occurring and it's just a ruthless user-barrage (lol!). You must be fleet of finger, and persistent of post to start to force your signal through that unruly onslaught of (potential) information overload.

​I've been a user since 2011, but it wasn't until these last few weeks that I was fully able to understand the real power of constant engagement and the reciprocal response on the platform. The more I posted throughout the day and night, the more the homepage feed profile gave what I was posting about weight, and consequently, attention. Whatever you do on Twitter has the potential to connect with someone, and you have to put in work daily to stay in the stream so that you do start to attract those that you have commonalities with. I ran an experiment named #AllNightTwitter (as I'm a natural insomniac and sleep MAYBE 3 hrs nightly), where I just ran wild posting, crazying out, and just having a good ol' time in general. But, I kept it within the pool of my divergent interests. I found that my engagement efforts netted me a triple-fold increase in the number of Followers I was able to attract and am still benefitting from that surge from the experiment.

​I find that when you're chronicling your efforts daily, you're getting increased exposure even in competition with all the other voices in the stream. The benefits don't just stop there. You'll start to get a more detailed overview of your daily operations and see the areas where your game needs work. As well, you'll start to get a natural sense of the posting ebbs and flows throughout the day and week, and can even prepare a blizzard of posts that can help you dominate the homepage feed during those daily ebb periods. Because of the clarity that this experiment brought me, I'm able to know how to drive traffic and convert signups to my brand-new publishing platform.

Yes and consistency plays a huge part.  This is excellent advice.

OytX5V1.gif

To be honest Threads is the same as other social media platforms.  Its friendlier and more engaging.  If you have an Instagram account you connect both and market on both platforms using the bio to place a landing page link and intro information.  I have used it quite a lot and have seen a significant increase in leads and signups to my own programs.  Take a look here for the setup - https://www.threads.net/@haccp76_xyo_coin

Like all platforms it does take time to get the snowball effect with leads. Like, repost, quote, comment, etc, etc.  WIth loads of engaging content.

Its funny this topic should come up. I used to tweet all the time.

I really got away from it.  I see it maybe becoming popular again

now that its not a place for nothing but grumbling lol.

It did need a good cleaning up.

Lets see how did i use twitter?

i would use it to place ads which is totally acceptable.  and i would

look at the hash tags and see what was popular.  If anything looked

appropriate for my ad I would use it.  And yeah it got my ad in the

first page at twitter sometimes.

Try it.

How does threads work for internet marketers?

:) FREE DOWNLOAD ACCESS: Unlimited Promo Codes for Unlimited FREE Traffic: CLICK HERE   :) Unlimted FREE Traffic Vault Rocks!!

• 4 weeks later...

Tweeting is always helpful because you never know when it's the "right time" for a viewer. Sometimes the viewer is looking at some other post, & sees your offer. That may be the time they're ready to receive it. That is why I don't ever under-estimate the power of free ads.

Wishing you success in all things,

Cynthia @ Skydestinybiz

• 3 weeks later...

I run a few tests using ChatGPT and Hashtags.  The results were remarkable.  Even with a couple of hundred followers you can amass great engagement with the right keywords, Hashtags.  Now plenty of photos and videos attract more views.

I did notice more engagement when Twitter turned to 'X'  I have a few video on the subject in my new course.

Its at the Top of Google for the keywords 'Affiliate Buzz X'  at the moment.