34 replies to this topic

#21 HomeOffice

HomeOffice

Breakin' Ground

• Bronze
  • 8 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec, Canada

Posted 04 December 2016 - 08:07 PM

The main advice I'd give about using Twitter as a traffic/referral tool is that you have to INCREASE YOUR USE OF IT in order to see your number of Followers rise. It's not something that you use sporadically. If you notice, the Google headline tag is , "Twitter. It's What's Happening". The key word being "Happening".  It's a moment to moment information stream about the happenings within the chosen pursuits of users' everyday lives. If you want to increase your engagement metrics (with number of Followers being a main quantifier), then you need to be in that homepage feed DAILY. At any given moment, twenty to thirty feed stream posts are occurring and it's just a ruthless user-barrage (lol!). You must be fleet of finger, and persistent of post to start to force your signal through that unruly onslaught of (potential) information overload.

​I've been a user since 2011, but it wasn't until these last few weeks that I was fully able to understand the real power of constant engagement and the reciprocal response on the platform. The more I posted throughout the day and night, the more the homepage feed profile gave what I was posting about weight, and consequently, attention. Whatever you do on Twitter has the potential to connect with someone, and you have to put in work daily to stay in the stream so that you do start to attract those that you have commonalities with. I ran an experiment named #AllNightTwitter (as I'm a natural insomniac and sleep MAYBE 3 hrs nightly), where I just ran wild posting, crazying out, and just having a good ol' time in general. But, I kept it within the pool of my divergent interests. I found that my engagement efforts netted me a triple-fold increase in the number of Followers I was able to attract and am still benefitting from that surge from the experiment.

​I find that when you're chronicling your efforts daily, you're getting increased exposure even in competition with all the other voices in the stream. The benefits don't just stop there. You'll start to get a more detailed overview of your daily operations and see the areas where your game needs work. As well, you'll start to get a natural sense of the posting ebbs and flows throughout the day and week, and can even prepare a blizzard of posts that can help you dominate the homepage feed during those daily ebb periods. Because of the clarity that this experiment brought me, I'm able to know how to drive traffic and convert signups to my brand-new publishing platform.

#22 davepilgrim

davepilgrim

Medium

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 01:59 AM

Thanks, HomeOffice... I think you illustrate what a lot of people are missing - namely that there's a lot more to Twitter than just posting the occasional Tweet and hoping for the best.

There's a lot to be learned about using Twitter and it's a fascinating and rewarding journey.

The people saying it doesn't work for them because they only have a few followers are missing the point. That's like saying traffic exchanges don't work for them because they only surf 5 sites a day!

If you USE Twitter frequently and intelligently you will grow your following and your engagement. There's plenty of free tutorials out there about how to do this.

Even with few followers yourself you can use things like #Hashtags to reach a lot more people.

I don't use Twitter all the time - I tend to go through ebbs and flows - but I have two main Twitter accounts. One is a where I tend to tweet about inspirational stuff and stuff close to my heart. I primarily use this to spread ideas, positivity and 'good karma'. This account currently has 1,408 followers.

Then I have another account which I've had lying dormant for ages and have only very recently started using again. This is where I tweet about free traffic resources. This currently has 2,172 followers (although many of them are 'junk' accounts) and attracts people who are interested in website promotion, affiliate marketing, etc. This account is mostly automated and the tweets optimized to reach a large target audience.

If Twitter didn't work the biggest multinational companies in the world wouldn't spend millions of dollars tweeting!

coinbase-referral-earn-bitcoins-promo-fr

#23 Kevin J Timothy

Kevin J Timothy

Mild

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay, Florida

Posted 06 December 2016 - 05:53 PM

It certainly works, however, I find that if you go into it with the sole purpose of showing others self-serving links it becomes counter productive. Folk will just simply unfollow. I also found that constructing the right Twitter bio is almost as important as tweeting consistently. Many third party Twitter tools and aggregators will use both hashtags (and keywords) to assist THEIR users in finding you.

For example, if your Twitter bio is all about the tourism industry you may want to include popular (and relevant) hashtags in such bio. It may take extensive research in discovering already trendy hashtags, but once it's supplanted in your bio it makes for some good organic traffic...and followers.

Don't do what most do and place a vague sentence in the Twitter bio. Don't even attempt to be clever or cute. Let the people know what to expect from YOUR feed, and in the process allow your profile to be found. The hashtag really is powerful.

#24 HomeOffice

HomeOffice

Breakin' Ground

• Bronze
  • 8 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec, Canada

Posted 11 December 2016 - 04:48 PM

It certainly works, however, I find that if you go into it with the sole purpose of showing others self-serving links it becomes counter productive. Folk will just simply unfollow. I also found that constructing the right Twitter bio is almost as important as tweeting consistently. Many third party Twitter tools and aggregators will use both hashtags (and keywords) to assist THEIR users in finding you.

For example, if your Twitter bio is all about the tourism industry you may want to include popular (and relevant) hashtags in such bio. It may take extensive research in discovering already trendy hashtags, but once it's supplanted in your bio it makes for some good organic traffic...and followers.

Don't do what most do and place a vague sentence in the Twitter bio. Don't even attempt to be clever or cute. Let the people know what to expect from YOUR feed, and in the process allow your profile to be found. The hashtag really is powerful.

​Kevin - that's a really good point about the untapped Organic Traffic sourcing - going to be exploiting and experimenting around that suggestion, thanks. davepilgrim, thanks for that comment, I'd been researching various ways that I could drive further engagement on the platform. Another tactic that I find works well for further personalizing your metrics, is that of actively retweeting the postings of people that Follow me. It shows them that I'm paying attention to what they say and commiserating with them by spreading their words farther than they'd be able to by themselves, therefore exposing them to another audience who may not have known this person was in the community or that they had a connection. Since I made that initial post, I gotten another twenty Followers just as a result of my constant, daily blogging on the platform.

#25 captkirk

captkirk

Never Give in! and Never Quit!

• Moderators
  • 2,577 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 December 2016 - 11:08 AM

The main advice I'd give about using Twitter as a traffic/referral tool is that you have to INCREASE YOUR USE OF IT in order to see your number of Followers rise. It's not something that you use sporadically. If you notice, the Google headline tag is , "Twitter. It's What's Happening". The key word being "Happening".  It's a moment to moment information stream about the happenings within the chosen pursuits of users' everyday lives. If you want to increase your engagement metrics (with number of Followers being a main quantifier), then you need to be in that homepage feed DAILY. At any given moment, twenty to thirty feed stream posts are occurring and it's just a ruthless user-barrage (lol!). You must be fleet of finger, and persistent of post to start to force your signal through that unruly onslaught of (potential) information overload.

​I've been a user since 2011, but it wasn't until these last few weeks that I was fully able to understand the real power of constant engagement and the reciprocal response on the platform. The more I posted throughout the day and night, the more the homepage feed profile gave what I was posting about weight, and consequently, attention. Whatever you do on Twitter has the potential to connect with someone, and you have to put in work daily to stay in the stream so that you do start to attract those that you have commonalities with. I ran an experiment named #AllNightTwitter (as I'm a natural insomniac and sleep MAYBE 3 hrs nightly), where I just ran wild posting, crazying out, and just having a good ol' time in general. But, I kept it within the pool of my divergent interests. I found that my engagement efforts netted me a triple-fold increase in the number of Followers I was able to attract and am still benefitting from that surge from the experiment.

​I find that when you're chronicling your efforts daily, you're getting increased exposure even in competition with all the other voices in the stream. The benefits don't just stop there. You'll start to get a more detailed overview of your daily operations and see the areas where your game needs work. As well, you'll start to get a natural sense of the posting ebbs and flows throughout the day and week, and can even prepare a blizzard of posts that can help you dominate the homepage feed during those daily ebb periods. Because of the clarity that this experiment brought me, I'm able to know how to drive traffic and convert signups to my brand-new publishing platform.

Sound like you been following me around an doing what I do. LOL

You should do that with all of the programs that you use and promote.

The name of the game is Exposure, Advertising, Promote, and Etc... :)

#26 helpforothers

helpforothers

Gettin' Comfy

• Bronze
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 10:52 PM

yes

#27 rse2free

rse2free

Gettin' Comfy

• Bronze
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 11:30 PM

Nope, lately I just tweet about simple issues, nothing relate to internet marketting.

#28 Brian Francis

Brian Francis

Solid Ground

• Bronze
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 25 December 2016 - 07:05 AM

Does anyone use or know of platforms that help grow Twitter followers? Is this a good idea or should I keep it strictly organic???

Download FREE Dropship Detective Report - Learn the Secrets of Dropshipping Success.

I can recommend many things, but there are only a few things I can recommend with confidence.

Always looking for quality...

#29 davepilgrim

davepilgrim

Medium

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 25 December 2016 - 02:04 PM

Does anyone use or know of platforms that help grow Twitter followers? Is this a good idea or should I keep it strictly organic???

Brian, there's a pretty good free program I use called YouLikeHits which will help you get followers for credits.

The followers aren't targetted, though, and I'd generally advise you use your YouLikeHits credits instead to get retweets, likes, etc. which will help you grow your following more organically.

#30 Kamilla66

Kamilla66

Gettin' Comfy

• Bronze
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 04:08 PM

Do you Tweet?

After signing up on a few viral mailers I noticed the statement of "Maximize Your Advertising"

Tweet your Affiliate Referral Link. I have done this yet I noticed it only gets one jackpot points

If you tweet, share with me your honest results if you you do get any referrals.

And does tweeting increase your advertising views?

#31 Kamilla66

Kamilla66

Gettin' Comfy

• Bronze
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 04:08 PM

Tweeting does not help much

#32 smalpani7

smalpani7

Mild

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 09:25 PM

Great way to handle and participate in social sites.

#33 Kamilla66

Kamilla66

Gettin' Comfy

• Bronze
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 04:06 PM

yes

#34 davidweb09

davidweb09

Solid Ground

• Bronze
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 18 January 2017 - 01:01 PM

Yes, Tweets with hashtag is best way to get real followers.

#35 davepilgrim

davepilgrim

Medium

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 02:23 PM

An often overlooked Twitter 'hack' is to make sure the main website you want people to visit is in your BIO rather than just the regular space Twitter provides for your website link.

People will only see the regular website link if they actually visit your full profile, but when Twitter recommends you to other users they will only see your bio...

Usually people will decide whether to follow or ignore you based on whether your bio grabs them, without necessarily visiting your full profile, so getting the bio right is paramount.

If you have a link in there, too, you can generate traffic from people who've never followed you or even visited your profile page!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tweet, referrals, viral mailers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users