Marketing Checkpoint

Lifetime Upgrades

It's gotten to the point where it is rare that I take an upgrade lifetime or not. And trying to pick a winner out of all that have started recently is difficult. I am sticking with the proven owners who have stood the test of time. (Maryanne M., Darren O., Marty P., and a few others).

2nd468.jpg

I used to do lifetime upgrades, but have been burned too many times.  I have decided to stick with free and occasional small upgrades.  I guess it really depends on how much risk you are comfortable with!

There are two ways to face the future. One way is
with apprehension; the other is with anticipation  .

• 2 weeks later...

Go (Invest) with the ones that have been there for a long time and not the new ones.

http://bestanimations.com/Signs&Shapes/Arrows/animated-blue-arrow-down.gif

Email 1000 Random Members Daily Without Credits

members for free. NO CREDITS REQUIRED. Increase

your reach with credits and hercublurbs.

My #1 Source For Free Advertising On Autopilot

Reliable traffic service online for over 7 years. 2 ways

to start generating traffic on autopilot along with

several FREE marketing and lead generation tools.

• 5 months later...

I am always on the lookout for Lifetime Upgrades. Because I have a vested interest, it gives me more of an incentive to promote that site.

I have only got 4 lifetime upgrades so far but I prefer them to monthly and yearly upgrades.

Feel free to connect with me here: WealthyAffiliate.com

Need more leads on social media? This free training will help.

I have joined many lifetime upgrades over the years. Some of them, the ones that are still in business, I still use.  However, I have not seen any better results than I do with free sites.  One of the things I look at when deciding whether or not to keep advertising on any particular site is:  ARE THEY GROWING"?  If they are stagnant or losing members, I am likely to reach the conclusion that they are no longer viable.  Just my two cents. 

There are two ways to face the future. One way is
with apprehension; the other is with anticipation  .

• 1 year later...

A lifetime upgrade costs less than if you pay monthly and get rid of recurrent payments.

Plus, if you take it in a pre-launch it is cheapper than normal price.

http://www.1001nightsmailer.com - a paid membership site which allows free members too!

http://www.pizzasafelistmailer.com - my first safelist mailer site!

• 2 weeks later...

I meant, it lists 70 now, if you see this let me know if that works better :-)

Yeah, definitely!  Did you know that recently I have received a sign up & $7 sale from Hotspotmailer? :)

On topic: If you look back and see how many sites that offered lifetime upgrades are around and how many sites have disappeared, you will understand the worth of lifetime upgrades.  To a customer, a 3 year or a 5 year upgrade does not look appealing but the term 'lifetime upgrade' does.  But in reality most sites does not even last 3 years.  Does that mean you should not go for lifetime upgrades?  No.  By all means, take the lifetime upgrades whenever it is offered by trusted admin.  But at other sites, take the short term upgrades.  Just my 2 satoshis FWIW. 

Yeah, definitely!  Did you know that recently I have received a sign up & $7 sale from Hotspotmailer? :)

On topic: If you look back and see how many sites that offered lifetime upgrades are around and how many sites have disappeared, you will understand the worth of lifetime upgrades.  To a customer, a 3 year or a 5 year upgrade does not look appealing but the term 'lifetime upgrade' does.  But in reality most sites does not even last 3 years.  Does that mean you should not go for lifetime upgrades?  No.  By all means, take the lifetime upgrades whenever it is offered by trusted admin.  But at other sites, take the short term upgrades.  Just my 2 satoshis FWIW. 

Oh good :-) Really glad to hear that too. I've been doing little changes here and there recently to make it better, or hopefully better.

Well... your 2 Satoshis.. are smart and has a good point there. Yeah, if they havent been around for many many years (the owners) then a monthly subscription is a safe bet. Otherwise, lifetimes are a safe bet AND if the owner is still "involved" like you see them around forums, facebook or emailing members, or somewhere  "alive" (not just occassionaly sending an email about their 'friend just opened a site' or a 'christmas sale' email now and then.. that is a signal for lack of interest ).

PHP Programmer - Internet Marketer - Web Designer - Advertising Network Owner

Celebrating 22 years in business - Since 1998

https://webstars2k.com

I meant, it lists 70 now, if you see this let me know if that works better :-)

Hi Maryanne,

I like that the list now have 70 sites to be viewed which mean members can generate more credits to post their ads.

Were there any special reason why you removed the links from showing on the homepage? I liked that feature...

Hotspotmailer is still one of my favorites and I use it daily to post ads 24/7 365(6) days a year since 2009!  B)

About lifetime upgrades. Although I sold lifetime upgrades at the launch of Harmony Mails, we haven't since, and we don't in our other mailers. We are constantly deactivating inactive members, and so, even though we have many more members, member mails are only going out to around 1500-2000. There's a vast difference between an upgrade where members can practically reach the entire active membership daily in a mailer without any effort, and an upgrade where the member emails 5000 daily, but gets enough monthly credits/sends to only mail 5 or 6 times. Our upgrades are just worth a lot more than to sell them at a price that people would pay for a lifetime. Also, just my personal opinion when looking where to upgrade. I'll buy lifetime upgrades, but except in rare circumstances where the owner really makes a real effort to continue growing their sites, I pretty much accept that the sign ups from them will be few and far between the longer they're online and selling lifetime upgrades. In most cases, in my eyes, every lifetime sold in a mailer weakens the long-term effectiveness of it.

Hi Maryanne,

I like that the list now have 70 sites to be viewed which mean members can generate more credits to post their ads.

Were there any special reason why you removed the links from showing on the homepage? I liked that feature...

Hotspotmailer is still one of my favorites and I use it daily to post ads 24/7 365(6) days a year since 2009!  B)

I know! hahaha and... I had a reason but forget why exactly, it was probably reducing sql connections (server load) but since then I have them running better and got bigger ones. Sooo those "recent emails" links are back on all referral pages again :)

In most cases, in my eyes, every lifetime sold in a mailer weakens the long-term effectiveness of it.

Safelists can go on and on with effectiveness - like if 5 people bought an (lifetime) upgrade and dont have to click, make sure another 10 new people come in and do. I guess, grow. Unless I misunderstood.... Because Clare, I get no sleep lately so brain is foggy! I dont even make half sense in email replies to anyone anymore!? haha :)

I know! hahaha and... I had a reason but forget why exactly, it was probably reducing sql connections (server load) but since then I have them running better and got bigger ones. Sooo those "recent emails" links are back on all referral pages again :)

Hi Maryanne,

That's awesome to hear!

I always thought that feature gave us the competitive edge over our competitors.

BTW, HSM is my #1 Mailer that I use daily and having been using since 2009 without fail. B)

Safelists can go on and on with effectiveness - like if 5 people bought an (lifetime) upgrade and dont have to click, make sure another 10 new people come in and do. I guess, grow. Unless I misunderstood.... Because Clare, I get no sleep lately so brain is foggy! I dont even make half sense in email replies to anyone anymore!? haha :)

Yes, quite right Maryanne. :)  And you make perfect sense lol, don't worry :)

• 1 month later...